High School Days (2)
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas felt a nudge, and slowly opened his eyes. For a few seconds, he didn’t register what the man was saying.

 

“Lucas? Are you feeling alright? Should we go back?”

 

“What were you saying,” he asked, holding his head.

 

“Oh, I just said that we were home. You didn’t respond for a while and-”

 

“I’m fine, just a bit dizzy,” Lucas tossed out an excuse. It was already dark by the time they arrived here. He stepped out of the car and looked towards the house, a suburban home. It seemed like the only house with lights on.

 

Walking towards the house, Lucas stopped, he didn’t hear Paul’s footsteps. He turned around, Paul was still standing by the car. “Father, are you coming?”

 

Paul snapped out of it, “ye- yeah,” he paused, “it just seemed like something changed. Nothing major, of course, but… how should I put it? It’s like you’re more… indifferent.”

 

“Must be your imagination, father,” He turned back forward.

 

“Yeah,” Paul smiled, “let’s go inside now.” Inside, it was much warmer. “The weather’s been getting colder,” he smiled sheepishly, “I didn’t bring you a coat, because I didn't expect you to wake up.”

 

“It doesn’t matter.” Lucas began scanning the house. It felt warm, yet cold. All the furniture were a beige color making it appear warm, yet something was off about it. Lucas couldn’t pinpoint the exact reason he felt this way, but he didn’t dwell on it for too long.

 

Standing in the foyer, Lucas took note of the house’s layout. Living room to the right, and stairs to the left. Walking out the foyer, he came into the dining room that had the kitchen next to it. The porch connected to the dining room, yet not the living room. A storage and laundry room took the area next to the kitchen, separated by a wall. It seemed like a washroom was behind the stairs, and the garage was the last room.

 

Done with the first floor, Lucas went into the second floor. In front, an area of space was open below, allowing a person to see into the living room below. Next to the stairs was the master bedroom. Walking away from the master bedroom, there were three bedrooms. Taking a peek into the far left bedroom, cardboard boxes were stacked. Looking at the door to the middle bedroom read, ‘Leah’s Room’. A washroom separated Leah’s Room and the last room.

 

The last room must be his. Lucas slowly turned the knob and entered.

 

A black cat was sitting on top of his bed. Lucas walked up to it. Scratching its chin, he started surveying the room. A bed, table, and closet. Not much to this room.

 

Meow! The cat slapped his hand away.

 

Lucas looked at the cat. It doesn’t seem to like his scratches.

 

That’s because I’m not a cat, I'm a system! I’m here to help you!

 

“Help? Help with what,” Lucas crossed his arms.

 

Don’t you think that your situation is strange? Like how you can’t remember anything, or that your head starts hurting when you try. The cat got up and started circling around Lucas.

 

Lucas grabbed the cat’s neck, “So what. What does that have to do with you?”

 

Hey! Put me Down! The cat swiped its claws, attempting to throw Lucas’s hands off. Lucas didn’t let go. Fine, I’ll tell you! I can help you restore your memories. All you have to do is fulfill a wish for the person you possess.

 

Having gotten an answer, Lucas threw the cat. “Tell me, who sent you?”

 

Wh- what do you mean? 

 

“If you can help restore my memories, then someone must have done this deliberately.”

 

I- I don’t know. Even if I knew, I would be forbidden to say anything about it.

 

“So, you don’t know who’s behind this, and your only purpose is to guide me.”

 

Ye- yes.

 

Lucas and the cat were at a stalemate. “So, what’s this body’s wish?” He went out and into the washroom looking for rubbing alcohol.

 

To capture and take back what had belonged to the original!

 

Having found the alcohol, Lucas started pouring it over the bloody scratches, “and what is that?”

 

Your childhood friend! Prevent him from liking your twin, and fall in love together!

 

Love? “Why do I have to fall in love with them?”

 

Meow! What do you mean?! What kind of story would it be without romance? Lucas looked at the cat, making its hairs stand on end. I- I mean not necessarily. S- so can you stop looking at me like I’m already dead?

 

He turned his attention back to his arm, “I wasn’t looking at you like that. If the wish is fulfilled, then my memories will recover.”

 

Ye- yes. But, you have to fulfill more wishes the more memories you wish to recover.

 

“So, with your purpose out of the way, out of courtesy, what’s your name?”

 

Name?

 

“Well, I don’t feel like calling you system cat, or system.”

 

Oh, Noir-

 

“Lets get along, Noir.”

 

Ye- yeah. The cat silently turned away.

 

Having ended the conversation, Lucas looked at the reflection. Hair reaching just the neck. The left side tucked and gathered behind the head, and a blue clip holding the right bangs together. Straight eyebrows, and hooded eyes with a mole under his right eye . A straight, narrow nose. Three piercings in the left ear.

 

Lucas rinsed the blood off, “is there a faster way to get my memories back?”

 

Well there is one, but I don’t know if you can handle it.

 

“It’s fine. I don’t have any memories, so what can I not handle?”

 

Just so I warned you, I don’t think you can handle it. If you kill the original love interest of your target, your memories can recover faster. I don’t recommend this now though.

 

“Why?”

 

You… you’ll receive too much in such a short time.

 

“Oh.” Done washing his arm, he headed out the washroom. Just as he opened the door, he met a young girl.

1