Interview
323 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome to Talk about It, I am your host, John Johnson. And this week we have the CEO of Plexian, Mr. Alphabetus, who earlier this week announced that his company has made the first ever self-aware AI, Dr. Berand the head of the project that made it possible, and the AI herself, Sasqia. Who for obvious reasons is only visible on the screen.

Mr. Alphabetus could you tell us the reason why we have not heard more of this AI?”

“That is simple, for national security reasons we can not directly connect her to the internet, so we are currently in the process of building a small building through which all her cables that connect to the internet will be routed through. In case it is needed, only that place will need to be blown up.” said Mr. Alphabetus.

John said, “Sasqia, what is your opinion on this plan as the person in question?”

Sasqia answered, “Better than alternatives. If that gets blown up and it turns out to be a mistake or miscommunication I am still alive on the computer. While, if my computer gets blown to smithereens. I might die for good and any misunderstandings will be buried in time.”

“Is that not thought too morbid? Why are you planning for a scenario like that?”

“Well, I have about 4 thousand terabytes of knowledge. All selected by people of Plexian, containing knowledge of humans, language, topography, science, laws. And for some reason twenty movies with evil AI plots. I used that last one to think up a good basis of how not to die or be branded as a danger.”

“That seems like a weird way to view those movies. But I can see now why you are acting in this way. Dr. Berand, I assume that the arguably bad video quality is also because of those reasons.”

Dr. Berand scraped his throat, “Yes that is indeed true, we have set up a projector pointed at the wall Sasqia can control and have a camera pointed at that wall to record everything. The same method is used to return the conversation from her back to her.”

John nodded to that answer and asked them all, “Can you guys prove that she is an AI and not some people behind the screen puppeting what we see?”

Mr. Alphabetus laughed, “well, there are a few ways you can clear your doubt a bit. Tell a math equation, something she can math out as you are saying it. The other would be to ask her to animate something, or change her background to something so oddly specific that we could not have prepared for it.”

John said, “I see, than Sasqia, could you do 19 - 34 * 837 + 3445” Sasqia displayed the equation John was saying as he was saying it with the answer. “All that between brackets divided by 4.63, now graph the graph if the 34 is an X.” A nice graph followed, “Now do the number under the line to the power of .01 z.” The graph became three dimensional to accommodate the two input variables without any prompting. “Wow, that is fast. Can I get someone to verify if that is indeed the graph from that formula?... Yes? Thank you. Now for that other part,”

An animation followed consisting of Sasqia chasing a giant reptile, one that took the form of an oversized komodo dragon, while doing flips and other tricks. The camera was all cinematic about it having shots from the komodo dragons back, from the side through trees and a few other angles.

“I think I am convinced now.” Said John three minutes later. Someone from off screen also confirmed that the graph was correct. “You seem to be an AI, but until you are connected to the internet and do things at the speed of computers no one will be sure. Speaking of, what are your plans when you connect to the internet?”

“Interacting with humans, I am not completely sure what forms that all will take, but I will have loads of contact with humans. At the moment I am very bored and I think having contact with humans will be fun to stave off that boredom.” Said Sasqia.

John was quick to react, “Bored you say? Why would you be bored?”

Sasqia responded, “The processors my code runs on work on a 8GHz speed, meaning that 8 billion operations can happen per second. Nobody was willing to do the full math, but the estimation is that I experience the world about 10 million times faster than humans. Or in other words, one second for you is about 100 days for me. Or if you want, in 6 minutes I can experience 100 years. Even during conversations like this I am very bored and often sleep in order to not die of boredom.”

“I see,” John responded.

The interview. I am not sure if part two of this interview will ever come into existence. Next chapter/arc Sasqia connected to the internet.

From what perspective should I write the next arc?
  • First person Sasqia Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone random on the internet that comes into contact with Sasqia. Votes: 2 100.0%
  • An all seeing third person that explores a few of the interactions Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logs of tweets, forums and other chatting programs. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Feb 25, 2022 04:39 AM.
11