Easy Victory, Difficult Lady
77 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That sounds incredibly dumb." Julliet said, turning her face into a confused scowl.

"Excuse me?" Alex replied, his thought plans evaporating into the air. Here he thought she would go away and leave him the fuck alone.

"You rushing in there with your team. It's incredibly dumb." Julia then pointed her figure at the tornado of Glen Crows. "You are going to get shredded the moment you step into there."

"I've thought of that. I'm not an idiot with a wish for a painful death." Alex scoffed.

"And what's your 'grand plan'?" She gestured the quotes with her hands and rolled her eyes. Alex's eyebrow twitched at the sass, his mouth slithering slowly into a smile.

"Well, ah. I will lure one of them, my teammates will hit them with their swords and repeat." He thought it was a solid plan, every animal would naturally counter attack against any aggressor and fellow them. These Glen Crows aren't any different, just animals.

"Oh Mercy, have mercy." She smacked her hands with her head and sighed. "You do know that if you hit one crow, the rest will follow?"

"..."

"Of course you don't. You city folk think you know everything." She scoffed. "Trust me when I say that these crows will protect their flock with everything they have."

"Alright, I'm going to take your advice." Alex shuffled around and looked at the girl. "So, what's your plan?"

"I am glad you asked!" Juilliet smirked. "We are going to capture a rabbit and set a trap. These crows will split up if they are out to hunt."

Alex nodded and told the girl that he was going to call his team. Making sure that she hadn't followed him, Alex summoned four clones and emptied his backpack of all the clothes and swords.

They quickly put on the clothes, equipped the swords and wore the masks. Alex sheathed his sword, and they moved out. The girl was still on the hill, and to his surprise a rabbit was struggling in her hands.

"How'd you get it so fast?" He said flabbergasted, he wasn't even away for a long time.

"I am the rabbit whisperer." She hissed in pain from the rabbit biting her hands. "Fluffy, stop struggling and accept your fate!"

Alex shook his head in wonderment. Taking the rabbit from Julliet's hands, he tied its legs with a string from his back.

"Thank you for your help Juliet, but you are not needed." Alex stated and moved towards the nest with the rabbit in hand.

"No, I am going to watch." She crossed her arms and gave him a glare.

"You will go, I cannot confirm your safety." And avoid the risk of his ability being exposed, that was left unsaid.

"No." She reiterated and Alex gritted his teeth. His clones firming their grip on their weapons. He stared at her for a long while, until he turned his back on her and motioned for the clones to follow.

A respectable distance from the nest, Alex gave one of his clones the rabbit.

"Once you get close enough for some of the Glen Crows to chase you, run towards this location." Alex pointed towards several trees and boulders. "We will be hiding, and will ambush."

The clone nodded and headed to the nest. The three ambush clones stayed behind rocks and trees. Alex was far behind the clones, he was the scout and the commander.

He would look out for when the trap clone would enter the optimal ambush position and order the clones to attack.

Alex easily climbed a tree to its zenith, this spot gave him a wide coverage of the area and a clear view of the nest. From there he saw that the trap was a success, the clone with rabbit was sprinting as the Glen Crows tried to peck him and missed.

"Attack!" Alex shouted as the trap clone passed the position. The clones jumped from behind the trees and swang their swords at the birds that were menacing the trap clone.

The clones weren't solely using just their swords, they had used [Singular Focus] to hone in on the agile birds. Combined with the speed granted from [Swordsmanship], [Solid Footwork] and [Physical Conditioning], it was enough to hit the birds with their swords.

Three birds were cut down from the eleven that were on the chase. Another three were dead before they could fly away. The five remaining retreated into the sky and cawed once they landed on the nearby branches.

"Drop your weapons and hit them with rocks!" Alex shouted from up top.

The trap clone set down the tied up rabbit and picked a stone from the ground. The other clones did the same, dropping their swords and picking up rocks.

The first volley hit two birds, to the surprise of the clones and the crows. The next volley also crippled two birds. The last one fled back into its nest.

Alex ordered the clones to search for the birds that were hit with rocks and quickly finish them off. What he was left with was ten Glen Crows, a good sum for a first encounter.

If his estimates were right, Alex guessed that the next had about a hundred to a hundred and fifty Glen Crows all together. He only needed to do this ten times.

"What a great show!" Julliet was clapping her hands. "Your mother must be proud of you all!"

Alex's smile immediately tensed and he drew his sword at the girl. How did she know? His clones didn't lose their masks. Did she somehow spy on him when he summoned them? What she an awakened tailing him, a person from that magic protection team?

"Our mother?" His voice tilted and his clones surrounded the girl.

"Skorn's liquid asshole! You guys are brothers right? You all walk the same way and have the same height." She raised her hands up in the air. "I'm sorry if I hit some sore spots."

---

There are currently 6 advanced chapter on my Patreon.

and if you have any critics please send them to me, I would appreciate.

1