Prologue
70 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is true power? Is it the ability to send beams of energy out of your hands? Vaporize anything by merely looking at it? Or is it perhaps the ability to run faster than the eye can see? Until now I've pondered in search of the answer.

I'm what one would call… a child prodigy, at the mere age of fourteen I've watched every anime, read every manga, and explored every realm of fantasy material in the world. I know what you're thinking "Oh Main-character sama, teach me your ways," sadly I have no time for that. The true meaning of power has to be found, and I'm the only living being who can find it.

Back in middle school, I had an army of followers, all of them shivering at the might which was my knowledge. I was so close to ushering in a new age, one where everyone understood that there was a world beyond our own. But sadly, middle school came to pass, and my followers became blinded by an evil spell called maturity. They claimed that they were too mature to continue discussing the blessed fantasy material, I was the only one that remained.

I am currently in the 10th grade and for the last two years I've been doing research in the realm of physical power. A few months ago I reached the limit of muscle that my body could handle and have been using a mystical powder that pushes humans past their natural boundaries. My fellow brothers call this god-substance "supplements", I shall continue my research, I feel the answer is close.

***

I am currently the biggest guy in my class, all my peers fear me but I do not hold it against them. When faced with true power there is nothing they can do. Today I shall test my powers on someone, there is a thug masking himself as a senior in the twelfth grade, I shall destroy him and take over his throne. I'm certain I have found the true meaning of power, my biceps do not lie.

Update, my whole life was a lie, muscle is not the pinnacle of power. My face feels numb and I can barely see. The thug ganged up on me with his lackeys, it seems in a battle of one versus many, muscle loses. All my years of practice were for naught but I shall not give up, the true meaning of power is still out there, I just need to find it.

***

I am now in the 11th grade and have discovered something, they call it martial arts. I have often heard of it in fantasy material and to my surprise, it seems that we have something similar to it in our world. Just yesterday I watched a video of a man cutting through a bullet, today I shall start my journey to becoming the pinnacle of the martial arts world.

***

I am currently in the 12th grade, although I had to repeat the 11th grade 3 times I have finally become a master in martial arts. Do not ridicule me, school is not important, the world's most successful people have attested to this. Anyway, I have cut my sleep to 2 hours a day, my master told me that sleep is a lie, and he is right. Using 22 hours each day I have mastered several of the most powerful martial arts techniques, I have gone to three world tournaments and won gold in all three.

One versus many? No problem, I am able to defeat six enemies simultaneously. Both my body and my skills are above any other human, I am the pinnacle of power, no other can defeat me. Today I shall test my power against an army of men, I feel like I have achieved true power this time, my skills do not lie.

Update, my whole life was a lie… again, martial arts is not the pinnacle of power. The bullet wounds in my chest feel like they are on fire, and my broken bones remind me I am still a man made of flesh. The man who cut through bullets was a liar, it did not work. They say I am sick and have to be taken to a ward, however, I will not give up. The meaning of true power is still out there, sadly everyone else in the world seems to be convinced otherwise.

***

I should've graduated two years ago but instead, I've been spending my time in a house full of enlightened individuals. They say this is an institute for the mentally gifted, and every day they give us pills to help with our power-ups. Over the past two years I have made many friends with many wise people. One of them used to be a great magician, however, he claims a dark mage stole his powers.

After begging for a few months he promised to teach me magic. I have finally found it, the true meaning of power. Today is my first lesson, I look forward to it.

***

The magic spells aren't working, however, the magician claims that it is because there is no mana in the air here. That is okay, I shall learn the spells and use them once I am out. I wish there was material to do more research on magic, however, the keepers of this sacred temple say that we are not allowed to use computers, it is truly sad being so powerful.

***

I have finally graduated from the ward, after three years of study I have learned everything the magician knew. I am currently on my computer at home, it seems there are many more fields of magic I am yet to learn. I shall dedicate my next four years to learning everything I can.

***

It's been five years and I am finally a sage. I have cut my sleep time out completely, and ever since I've been learning so much magic that my body sometimes blacks out due to the power overload. Knowing so much magic places a huge toll on my flesh body, there have been times I had to spend weeks in the hospital.

I now see and hear things, I believe it is the otherworld trying to communicate with me. A few of these specters have been speaking to me a lot lately, my parents worry for me but they do not understand I am close to ascension.

***

Today I collapsed and woke up in the hospital. The doctors spoke about taking me back to the ward, however, I already graduated from there and refuse to go back. I am currently on the run from the police, my destination is the forest of magic. A site online said that there was a high concentration of mana there, so I shall visit this forest and show the world the wonders of true power.

Update, it seems I've ascended our substandard world. When I visited the forest there was a bear that dared to fight against me, the sage of all magic, so I killed it using one of my magic techniques. It seems that killing it triggered something and I've been sent to another realm. I just recently gained consciousness, and it seems that I've been reverted back into a baby. I shall use this restart to grow more powerful, I shall find something beyond mere power, I shall become something even more powerful than the pinnacle of power.

2