Chapter 3
152 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Gained primary class: exo-mech pilot.

Gained secondary class: Temptress.]

Aezlith's eyes flutter open as she adjusts to all the new information she knew about both classes. Well jobs in the game, how to pilot an exo-mech and get anything a person could want float around in her head.

“Ah good, you are up. One last thing then you can sleep, I need to see how well the injections took. That way I know how to proceed with your training once you are up. Here hold this, it will tell me what I need to know.”

A rod of some kind is pressed into Aezlith's hands. She instinctively grips it while still half asleep, soon a beep sounds. “Very good, you are at, you are falling asleep again? Better get you to bed, I will make sure to leave a few lust stones around your bed so you get the energy you need." She feels someone picking her up, as this happens her head rests against something incredibly soft. Soon she is put on something soft she passes out, sad the incredibly soft thing was taken away.

As she slowly comes to, she realizes the soft thing she felt is a bed. She sleepily sits up and looks around, the room is rather nice and follows other colors of the house. Light wood and white with some soft tan tones mixed in. Not what she would have thought considering the whole demon thing.

A door opening drew Aezlith's attention. Jasmine is the one opening the door, she moves to the window and opens the curtains. Aezlith blinks at the sudden bright light, “ah. Young miss you are already awake, lady Nymless is waiting for you in the kitchen. She said wear what you like, the wardrobe has been filled with a large selection of clothes to choose from.

There is a small section of special clothes for when training your temptress job that are currently locked away until they are needed. Lady Nymless said to make sure you wore something you can move in and have your weapons equipped.

Oh, I almost forgot. The mistress stopped by to check on you and left your reward on the table over there. She said more will come as you get that far.” Jasmine pointed at a table off to one side, set up for eating at by the looks of it.

Aezlith got up from the bed and wandered over to the table to see what was left there. There is two gray cylinders, one silver ticket and a note.

Hello little one, Nymless let me know that you got two great jobs. Well done, I have left a few rewards for you. Three should be next to the note the other will be provided. The two cylinders contain a surprise, press the red end to your neck for it to work. The last one is for when you finish your training, it is a starship lottery ticket.

Continue to impress me, and a wonderful reward awaits you at the time of your next evolution.

She eyed the cylinders for a moment, then picked up both and used them. One on each side of her neck. It feels like ice cold water entered her blood stream.

[Skill: Inspect granted

Skill: Regeneration granted]

Aezlith grins, fully understanding what those cylinders were. She decides to test it on Jasmine, turning to look at the neko maid, she attempts to use inspect on her.

[Name: Jasmine

Gender: Female

Age: 19

Race: Werecat

Primary class: Starship mechanic

Secondary class: Maid

Citizenship status: Slave, time remaining 3 years

Reason: Contract]

Jasmine blushes under her eyes, then glances down. That is when Aezlith realizes she is naked and hard. Grinning she teases Jasmine, “my eyes are up here. It is just morning wood, I would indulge. Though I have a feeling leaving Nymless waiting is a bad idea.”

She then moves to her wardrobe as Jasmine blushes harder and struggles to recover. Aezlith then opens it, looking at the different options. Well options is a bit of an exaggeration, at least for something appropriate for training. There are plenty of options for other situations, considering Nymless's remark about clothing the other day she did not want to know what might happen if she showed up in a miniskirt and crop top.

In the end she pulled out one of several bodysuits in her closet and simple combat boots, both in black. Once dressed she equipped her pistol and blade, they showed up sheathed and holstered on her hips. She then turned to Jasmine who managed to recover to a degree, there is still a faint tinge of pink to her cheeks.

Jasmine nods and leads the way to Nymless, who is sitting in the kitchen drinking something that smells like coffee. A rabbit girl maid works at the stove area, the smells make her stomach rumble.

Hearing this makes Nymless look up at Aezlith, she nods seeing what she is wearing. “Well someone with common sense is hungry, Hannah bring her what the mistress sent over. You are a lucky succubus, newborn demons need to drink brood mother milk. This will aid their body in developing and prepping for your future evolution.

The mistress sent over special infused milk that will greatly aid you, though one of the kickers is that your body is not ready for real food yet.” Just then the bunny girl maid came over with a large glass full of a creamy drink. She set it down across from Nymless and pulled out the chair. Aezlith took the hint and sat down in it.

“We will be going over some basics on shooting and finding a weapon the fits you. We will also go over the basics of different weapon types and the positives and negatives of them.” Aezlith took a sip of her milk as she listened, as soon as she tasted it she chugged the rest. It tastes like liquid vanilla ice cream.

[All stats gained 25 points.]

Nymless giggles at Aezlith's face, “I had a the same reaction when I saw that message the first time. You can benefit from the boon four more times. Throughout the day you will be given this drink, it is the last bit of the reward from the mistress.

Well done on the outfit choice, you remembered what I said yesterday. Something you will need to know is that you can hide you wings, tail and horns. This will help with armor and outfits in the future.

Now on to business, there are plenty of types of weapons. From small pistols to HMVs, and many others. Each of these weapons tend to fall in one of three categories kinetic, laser and plasma. Kinetic are older in origin, though that does not mean they are weak. They tend to be the hardest hitting though they also have the highest recoil.

They are also the most common weapon type due to the ease of production. There are two primary types, railguns and firearms. Railguns tend to be slower firing weapons mounted on some sort of vehicle. They us a massive magnetic force to fling a metal projectile at great speeds.

There are cases of hand held variants being made, though they tend to under preform firearms. Firearms exist in many sizes and types, they are one of the most flexible weapon platforms available. Due to all that can be done with bullets and the mechanisms used to fire them.

From small superfast firing firearms to massive slow firing ones. There are some with bullets that can penetrate most things and some that explode. The big downside to kinetic weapons is the need for large amounts of ammo storage. Lasers bypass this need, though they lack in flexibility when it comes to what it can fire.

They still have the flexibility in size and fire rate of the weapon. As long as it has power and does not overheat it can fire indefinitely. Due to this it has become a popular choice for point defense systems and tertiary or secondary weapon systems. Plasma is the newest one, it has a greater degree of flexibility then lasers though not as much as kinetics.

Unlike lasers and kinetics the shape of the round can be altered. Instead of being beams or projectiles it can use both. The power drain of such weapons is less then lasers though they do require minuscule amounts of certain gasses to fire. These gasses can be altered to change the damage type, all though are based on heat or cold.

All factions have preferred weapons that they use. Us demons tend to use plasma primaries and laser secondaries. Now on to the fun stuff, come on. We are heading to the gun range.”

Nymless then stood up and led the way back to the elevator, she then pressed the button for B4. She then relaxed against the side of the elevator. Aezlith took this moment to ask something, “the mistress gifted me two skills. One of then is inspect, I am wondering is there are rules about using it?”

“Ah, good question. It is common courtesy to not do that unless you are going to party up with them for something. You can also use it freely on opponents and monsters, sometimes people will give consent to having it used on them as well. The other thing you can use it for is to check a slaves condition.”

Aezlith nods, “got it. Don't run around scanning people unless they ask for it.” Both of them stand and start heading to the front door when the building shakes. Suddenly an alarm sounds and Nymless's eyes widen. “It is a raid by the theocracy, they finally got the balls to attack us directly. Looks like you will get to practice shooting on live targets, come on we need to get suited up.”

She then led the way to the elevator, no longer could Aezlith see outside. Some sort of metal cover coated it, the elevator drops at a rapid rate. “I have yours set up with a standard armament. A heavy plasma AR, shoulder mounted anti tank plasma lance and a shoulder mounted missile pod. As a hire on with the Twilight Star mercenary company you get what you shoot.

We have drones in the air that record all kills so the correct person gets the loot, 30% of any coin made from it is taken by the company for maintaining gear and ships. Due to how high of a spoil cut we get the pay from being part of it is meh. Normally you would get to choose, due to the attack you have automatically been employed by us. You can change your mind latter though if you want to.

Ah here is your exo-mech, a little plan in color at the moment. Later you can get it panted up the way you want it.” Aezlith could not see an exo-mech, just a oddly designed platform.

“Ah, forgot they set it up so you could get suited up first. Hide your tail and wings, then step onto the platform with your feet on the markings. Then you will get suited up, oh make sure you do not fight against the machine.”

Aezlith nods and hides her tail and wings and steps up onto the platform. Nymless nods seeing this, “Once I am suited up I will meet up with you.” She then leaves as the platform and ceiling open and various parts are brought out.

The machine moves to cover her body with the exo-mech, it starts with her legs and works it's way up. In about a minute she is fully kitted out, she is holding a Rifle in her hands that has been scaled up to work with the exo-mech. The HUD then comes online.

[New user detected, user compatibility for exo-mech technology is over 80%.

Starting core systems.]

The suit powers up, a soft hum fill her ears for a few seconds then vanishes.

[Starting secondary systems.]

She the feels a cool breeze on her body.

[Welcome to the Exo-Mech Mrk5, with users current compatibility all systems running at 100% efficacy.

Detecting current loadout.

Primary: A5 Class Heavy Assault Rifle

Left shoulder: XT5 Class AT lace

Right shoulder: AA5 Missile Pod

Displaying data on new gear.]

Exo-Mech Mrk5

An exo-mech made by the company who discovered them. The Mrk5 is a last generation model that is still very popular for it's stability and modable nature.

Raises all physical stats by 500

Physical armor: 300

Energy armor: 400

Shield power: 3000

Armor Power: 2000

Built in scanner that can use an ability like inspect to see what is coming.

Built in infrared, night and heat vision.

Vacuum tight build allowing for water and space use.

Can fit a primary weapon, left and right shoulder mounted devices and a back device.

A5 Class Heavy Assault Rifle

One of a series of weapons made alongside the Mrk5, it is considered part of the standard loadout for the exo-mech. It shares the Mrk5's stability and modable nature.

Damage type: plasma

Damage: 400

Mag: 2500

XT5 Class AT Lace

One of a series of weapons made alongside the Mrk5, it is considered part of the standard loadout for the exo-mech.

Damage type: plasma

Damage: 6000

Mag: unlimited

Charge: 30 seconds

AA5 Missile Pod

One of a series of weapons made alongside the Mrk5, it is considered part of the standard loadout for the exo-mech.

Damage type: explosive

Damage: 3500

Mag: 4

After she blinked away the new data, she could see the HUD of her new exo-mech. It is fairly minimalist, ammo counts and other useful data is laid out simply along the bottom of the screen. Nothing else is on it, She looks down at the bulky rifle in her hands and steps forward. Ready for what is to come.

 


This one took longer than expected, hope everyone enjoys.

7