Chapter One: Life sucks and then you die.
163 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had always wondered if I had a purpose. From the day I was born I felt I was treated different from other kids. My parents said it was just coincidence and didn't explain further. But I looked and saw that other parents played and even cared for their children while my own berated me and gave me no toys no sweets no snacks and no enjoyment. I thought this was normal so i didn't investigate deeper since every time I tried my parents would be worse.

I was lucky though... because I met her the only light in my dark and dreary life. as I sat next a wall in front of my house watching the other kids play she approached me. From what I remember this was odd because rumors had already spread about me due to my shabby clothes and lack of toys. She talked to that me constantly trying to befriend me. I at the time was just glad I finally had a friend to call my own.

As years pass I came to notice that like me she was a bit of an outcast but unlike me her parents actually loved her. as we grew older she grew more affectionate to me as well as clingy. I didn't mind because my parents started being home less and less till I didn't see them for years at a time. I had to struggle to eat because the fridge that was usually stocked emptied in month maybe two if I stretched it.

However my light filled days came to an end on the day I turned sixteen my father whom I haven seen in two years Abruptly came home. This time he had an angry look as he shouted and beat me down saying "About Time you reached this age leech!" "We're Moving and you're never seeing that sweetheart of yours again!" 'Sweetheart?' I thought oddly as I was knocked out by my father whom I only talked to a few times in my life.

When I came to I was already in the backseat of the car miles away from my light and happiness. when we arrived my father forced me into work taking any money I made while shoving me into the cheapest shack he could find before vanishing. my check was always empty every month and my locations to scrounge food were miles away so I struggled to survive for two years before hitting my limit on my eighteenth birthday. Since I wasn't eating enough nutrients my body slowly weakened until today.

Here I am weak and dying on a piece of clothe on the floor of the shack my father left me in i haven't even seen nor heard from my mother. It's sad that I never experienced a mother's love nor that of a lover's. as i lay breathing my last my thoughts go to my light and the memory of her smile that she only showed me for some reason... 'alas its... getting harder to think... I already lost... the power to speak... sadly I Guess I'm dying huh?'

As that thought entered my mind my vision started fading to black. 'Weird is that banging on my door?' 'Nah the only one who knows im here wouldn't knock' And as my vision finally faded I heard what sounds like my door being broke down and a scream of despair that sounds like its from my light, my friend, Alice...

3