Chapter [1] ~ Death and Life are Tires.
447 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Update Schedule : Every Monday and Friday. Double Updates are to be less expected as I have scheduled the stockpiled chapters in hand.

Life is like a tire. 

It can be good when its on it's highest and bad when its on it's lowest.

 Emily's childhood was filled with delight, she was currently on her highest at that time. But as time progressed, she fell rock bottom. 

Her single father couldn't handle the stress of managing both the company and giving her the affection she deserved, the company went downhill and was declared bankrupt later on.

Emily at that time was spoiled bratty teenager, but he change in life and the cycle of the tire, she changed. She studied hard to ensure the survival of her small family consisting of her and her father only. 

The years in highschool was problematic, Emily experienced school bullying and even had a session of having suicidal thoughts. Maybe because her father was there to encourage her, Emily graduated with the highest degree and henceforth started her own company. 

However, happy days do not last long. During her graduation ceremony, she had a call stating the death of her father. She was devastated and she cried her hardest during that time, losing one of her only source of happy emotion the next morning, she became a new person, cold and emotionless. 

Maybe because she was no longer under influence of affections and the embrace of her father, Emily became like this. Her company rose ranks and took place as number one.

Just as she reached 40, her body began experiencing mild to extreme pain. She went to the doctor and she was then diagnosed to be terminally ill. Her life was slowly losing time, at most she can only live till' 43.

“I was prepared. It took me a few minutes to realize that I won't last long, I bid goodbye to the doctor, and exited the hospital. Arriving at the parking lot, I grimaced about my coming end as I leaned on my car.” A shallow figure murmured as her eyes remained on her feet. 

Her head was lowered so none knew the expression she had in face. The hands on her hips were rolled fiercely into fists as her being trembled.

“I didn't cry, in fact I was happy. I longed to be with my father but it was just so sudden,” 

Emily walked out of the parking lot to the pedestrian lane on the road. Her face remained with her usual calmness as she looked around the shops and restaurants as far as her sight could go. 

The traffic light turned red, while the lights for the pedestrian lane turned green. 

Emily looked around decisively in alarm as she made sure that crossing was safe. She was in the middle of the crowd, and seeing that there was nothing wrong, she lowered her head to send a message to her secretary about giving her employees a day off today. 

As her hand pressed the paper airplane, she looked up and paused her steps upon reaching the opposite lane. Just in time, the lights turned red and the cars begun moving again. 

“It was abrupt. I was standing behind the pillar as I looked around once again. Clearly unclear about the purpose of me being there. A sound sharply echoed and I was stunned, a heavy truck shakily ran on the road and before I had time to react, it was coming my way ...”

The other pedestrians saw it was heading towards the hazelnut haired woman who was preoccupied by sightseeing around. They wanted to warn her but the truck raised their pace and she was hit. 

The pillar broke and Emily's body flew for a few seconds before falling to the ground. Rocks that came from the broken cement dropped like snow and hit her bloodied figure. 

Scwrash! A sound no one wanted to hear, played. People around the accident broke into a scream, others hurriedly took their phones to record while others with rationality, called the police and the medic hurriedly. 

Emily's body was squashed under the tires. Her eyes gauged out and it was an unsightly scene. Blood splattered across the pavement and Emily was unable to be saved. 

...She was prepared for her death, however, being run over by a truck  wasn't one of her preparations. She swore she just crossed the pedestrian lane after everything looked safe, she didn't even do anything other than looking around that would absolutely lead to her death.

“I regret it, I shouldn't have left the parking lot...”

“What? What happened in the set of memories you received, Iris?”

Identical brunette girls with a pair of amber eyes looked at each other with curiosity. They were both wearing a red princess dress and based on how similar they looked, it wasn't a doubt that the two were twins. 

“Emily was too troubled, Ivy.” The girl on the right, with a pair of peculiar irises of the shape of an oval said with unhappiness. Her hand was holding the girl on the left's as she sighed with emotion. 

“Ah? Troubled, why?” The girl on the left asked with confusion and puzzlement. Below her eyes were two moles in a vertical line. 

Iris' eyes fluttered shut as she thought about it. She could not tell her cute and innocent sister about those gory details regarding their past life's death.

“She made a mistake and regretted doing it. But likewise, it should be something I am thankful for to have a sister like you.” Iris said with relish as her cheeks rose up high. She revealed a pearly smile as her other hand ruffled her twin sister's hair. 

“Who else can we be thankful to have? Our parents recently have a fight and they soon begun ignoring us. It wasn't the same as when we first were reborn. Hence why I miss dad a lot.” Ivy sniffed as the rims of her eyes turned red. Her memories only lasted until the said graduation day of college, after that, there was nothing else. 

Unlike her sister who had inherited the maturity of the older Emily, she still had young Emily's delicateness and fragility which Iris had troubles to care for her. She would cry at the simplest words and laugh at the simplist joy, despite that, Iris didn't dislike her (Ivy) but pampering her (Ivy) was something her younger sister (Iris) enjoys. 

6