Chapter [3] ~ Have you in my mind
304 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

““M...Mommy?”” Startled by the movement beside them, Iris and Ivy glanced to the side and saw a brunette haired woman with ocean blue eyes exit the door. 

She had an oval face and perfect proportions, just as the twins called out for her, the woman paused her tracks to glance at them lightly.

“W-Where are you going, mommy?” Iris asked, worriedly. Her eyes shook as she looked down, she saw that behind the woman was a huge blue suitcase. 

“I'm...” Maybe because she gave birth to these twins, she couldn't help but soften her voice a little. 

But realizing that if she has a change of heart and bring these kids with her, she and him won't be able to safely give birth to the baby she was expecting inside of her. 

“I'm leaving.” She stated without batting an eye on how harsh her tone was. 

Even if Ivy already knew it would become like this, she still was unable to prevent herself from tearing up. “Why? Did daddy hurt mommy?”

“No.” She furrowed her brows, irritated by the girl's voice. Once, she thought of it as lovely and angelic, now she thought of it as annoying. 

“Mommy, bring us with you.” Iris was a lot calmer than Ivy who was drenched with snot and tears. Though her eyes were red because she was forcing herself not to cry. 

The woman grumpily threw her hand off from hers, resulting on Iris to fall back. Ivy gasped and hurriedly rushed over to her twin sister and cried more. 

“Shut up!” The woman rubbed her eyebrows and said unhappily. 

“Mommy...” Iris and Ivy could only see the woman's vague silhouette as she walked out of the gate. Her suitcase following from her behind and issued sounds of creaking as its wheels strolled the pebbled road. 

Ivy looked at Iris and asked, “Iris, are you alright?”

Iris lowered her head and said, “Yes...”

Ivy nodded at her sister's answer and slowly stood up. She then rushed to the gate and held the barricades using her little arms as she spied on the woman. 

Unbeknownst to her daughter's staring, the woman entered a car with a joyous smile as she hugged the driver with delight. 

“I miss you so much, Eric.” She said with a loving tone as her hand hugged him tight. Her chest pressing against him as she lowered her head and rubbed her stomach. 

“He has finally let you go?" The man voiced with surprise and happiness as he let her in the car. Clearly happy if the result that the woman he could only crush on would be finally his. 

“Divorced, and now I'm ready to mingle with you, honey.” She said. 

Ivy looked at this scene with a frown. The car speed up and disappeared from her sight and she could only remain there in reluctance.

Iris caught up to her elder sister and rubbed her back. “Ivy, forget about that woman. She doesn't have the fortune worth to be called our mother. At most, she only birthed us and...” 

“What do we do now, Iris?” Ivy turned to face Iris and whimpered in distress. They weren't that man's daughter and for sure, he'd be worse than that woman. 

“We'll see to it. If things do really go bad, we still have that property our maternal grandfather gave us as an inheritance. And of course, it'll be not related to that man or whatsoever. The only relative we have is that woman and our unknown father... If we really are not that man's offspring.” Said Iris.

“Mm.” Ivy nodded in agreement. “But it's hard to imagine that despite how identical we look like him, we aren't his.”

“That's why it's tricky and hard to come up with a relevant conclusion. But before we face this new disaster com in towards this family, we should rest first and think about it later." 

Iris lead Ivy back into the house and inside. There were many broken things in the living room and servants were busy cleaning it up. 

“Misses..” A female servant looked up and eyed them. She was hesitant to speak, Iris and Ivy only glanced at her momentarily before ignoring her. 

They went up the stairs and into their room that was located on the second room of the second floor. 

Iris did not spot that man and seemingly thought he was out. She was unsure though, but with him gone for the moment would relieve their stress. 

“Sister...” Ivy nudged at Iris and her eyes slanted down. ”Are there still some leftovers of the chocolate aunt sent us?”,her tummy rumbled with hunger and she embarrassingly asked. 

“There is.” Iris replied with a smile. She took the jar filled with chocolate, took a handful and gave the rest to Ivy. “Remember not to eat too much.” She warned.

Ivy smiled and ate the chocolate she had gotten. After taking a bite, she spew it out and said with sadness, “It's bitter.”

“Oh, you must picked the wrong one. Here, this is milk chocolate.” Iris giggled and sent a chocolate straight to Ivy's mouth. 

“This is right.” She admired. “Sweet and milky. And oh, here's your favorite dark chocolate~” Ivy sent her half eaten bitter chocolate to Iris' mouth.

After they had their stomach filled despite not full. The twins were contented and went together to the bathroom to brush their teeth. 

They didn't want to replay how their teeth has become in their past life, some had been pulled and some had been changed. They could not bear having themselves experienced it again. 

After flossing, they drank a cup of water and took their pajamas to wear them to sleep. Iris had a black bunny pajama while Ivy got white. 

They jumped in their bed and hugged each other to sleep. Tomorrow would be a very long day, they knew it.

***

“Master, these are the pictures and drawings you wanted us to print. Thanks to Alexia's wonderful drawing magic, the girl you wanted her to paint has been made to be very life like.”

“These...”

“Master, is the drawing incorrect?”

“No, no, it's too beautiful as if Im seeing her again.”

“If that's so, I'll be going Master lest I disturb you.”

“Okay, go on.”

... The maid left the room and was stopped by a guard. 

“The girl master likes is too lucky. What does she looks like?”

“I cannot say anything about this....”

She knew that it was more deeper than liking. 

“Emily, you look as beautiful as always. How's life there?....I miss you a lot. You must miss ... Me too...” A man looked at the picture in his hand, lovingly. 

He was young, about twenty something of age. His eyes shone with elegance and warmth as he hugged  the picture of a hazelnut hared girl in his arms.

7