Chapter [5] ~ Running away with no return
258 9 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ivy and Iris entered their room and slammed the door, forcefully.

 Ivy poked Iris and cocked her head as she questioned her sister, “Iris, what was that woman on about? Why would she proclaim us to be her daughters? Could it be that there's a conspiracy behind it?”

Iris shook her head, "Even if there is, it would be meaningless. Come on Ivy, let's get ready.”

Ivy complied to what Iris told her, as they arrived in their shared closet, Iris was about to pick the yellow dress they wanted to wear earlier when Ivy tugged the hem of her skirt. 

She turned around and was confused. Ivy raised a black shift dress and suggested, “How about we wear this one, Iris? We'll look great in it. I think the yellow dress is too sunny~”

Iris looked at the dress and thought for a while. “Sure.” She said with no opposition towards it. 

Ivy gleamed and her eyes turned crescents, “Then I'll go change first so I can help with preparing our luggage.”

“Okay, however, I already prepared the things we'll have with us early in the morning. You can just get the spacial bags on your way back.” Iris stated. 

“Oh!” Ivy nodded, “Then forth I go~”

***

Packing up their stuffs and necessities took about half an hour. Iris and Ivy put the small, sling bags on their hips as they helped tie each other's hair with black and white ribbons. 

Iris' hair remained as a bob, her slightly curled brown hair was up to her shoulder and a ribbon headband was top on her head. Ivy had hers tied into a low twin tail, resting on her shoulders as it was tied by the black and white ribbon pair.

“We've finally finished preparing.” Iris said as she clasped her hands together, inside of her grasp was a roll of paper with a emblem tying it up. 

It was the land's ownership; the old man spoke his will and that place was their possession. Although it wasn't much and was slightly worse than the rest of his grandchildren, having a plot was already ideal. 

Just as they were about to leave their room, a knock came and a young female voice said with hidden fear. “Misses...The master,...” 

Ivy glanced at Iris and pursued her lips. Iris unhappily left the doorknob and frowned. This was already the third, repeated knock and commands came the past few thirty minutes.

Iris realized that if they leave through the main door, this plan would certainly be abolished. Without a second thought, she withdrew her hand and motioned to the window.

“We're going to get out through there?” Ivy leaned near her sister and whispered. 

“Yes. It won't be a bumpy ride as we knew that there's a roof below it.” Said Iris. 

“Misses...Please come out.” The maid became more impatient, she knocked on the door again.

Ivy went into thinking for an answer to say. After a short while, she coughed and her voice turned hoarse. “I won't go to daddy! Tell him that we'll only go out if he comes to see us himself!”

The maid paused, uncertain of what to say. “Is that true, young misses? Will you two come out if I come and get the Master?”

Ivy was about to reply when Iris held her down.

 “Shh." Iris shushed.

Taking the silence as a yes, the maid believed that the twins were true to their words. She turned around and left, heading down the stairs and into the living room. 

She stopped and bowed respectfully, “Master, the twins were very rebellious. They won't come out if you won't come to them. I couldn't do anything else, this was only the amount of helpfulness I can achieve.”

Daniel sipped his coffee and hummed in approval. He placed it down and glanced at his son who was busy watching cartoons in the TV. 

“Dad will be back.” He said, raising up from his seat and walking in steady steps upwards the stairs.

,,,

While the maid went to fetch that man, Iris and Ivy hurriedly opened the window and jumped out of it. To ensure their safety, Ivy and Iris gently pushed their body out of the Window's border and achieved a good landing into the roof. 

It was by coincidence when they hopped off the roof, that the gate was opened. It was for certain that someone just went out. Without wasting any seconds longer, Iris pulled Ivy and dashed for their escape. 

The guards didn't notice their presence; they didn't even think of the possibility that their obedient young misses would run away from home. They only realized half an hour later when they heard their angry master's scolding voice.

...

“Phew. Finally out of that place.” Ivy wiped her sweat as she sighed. Tears rolled down uncontrollably on her cheeks and Iris immediately fetched out her handkerchief to wipe her sister's tears. 

Ivy rolled up the hems of her clothes, “Isn't this a very bad choice, Iris?” They left unnoticed, they left behind the home they were raised in for five years. Though it wasn't their real one, they grew up there.

“You can't regret, Ivy.” Iris coldly warned, ”We have ran away for freedom, not be left in a house with coming drama. I once remember about a story I heard following around a certain child who had his father remarry and was forced to endure hardship later on.”

“I can bear if it was only I.” 

“But I can't, because there was you.”

Ivy sniffed and snuggled on Iris warm embrace. “Oh. Though I dislike the fact you are treating me like a delicate something precious, I'm happy. Thank you for thinking about me, Iris.”

“I'm your sister, remember?” Iris patted Ivy's hair and smiled. “And I'm half of your soul. We're twins.”

Ivy grinned and wiped her tears away, leaving only her happy face that was filled with sunshine. As she leaned further on Iris, the sound of a tire pulling up for a stop got to them and they hastily looked up.

A bus had arrived, the one they were waiting for. Ivy quickly took out the money they needed to pay for the fare, they went inside and placed it on the machine. 

Iris glanced at the rear of the bus to make sure this was the correct one. After reading this contents, she skipped together with Ivy to an empty seat.

The location of the club was a bit far. Their house was in the deeper part of the city while the former was located in the outer parts. A bust place filled with crowds and such since it was the capital.

....

“What did you say?” 

His voice rang with confusion, bewilderment and...joy. 

He was staring at a small lifelike creature floating before him, with their olive hair flying around and a crystal ball in between their tiny hands, they voiced: 

“She's alive.”

“And she's here.” 

Said the fairy like creature.

He understood, so his smile become more firm and deep. 

“You missed me too, after all.”

His treasure, she'd always follow wherever he goes. Even in this new place, she'd followed. 

“Then, what's her new name?”

 He couldn't help but ask.

“...Find it out yourself.”

The fairy gave him this reply.

6