Chapter [7] ~ A problem, nah
268 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was nearing the end of the day, Iris and Ivy sat tiredly on the sofa. Not long after they took a sip of the cocoa drink they've bought, the doorbell rang with constant knocking. 

“I think there's someone outside.” Ivy muttered as she looked at Iris. Iris glanced back and told her sister, “I think it's the delivery man.”

Ivy paused and thought about it for a while, then she raised an eyebrow and said with certainty, “But doesn't the delivery take about two days or at most?”

Iris replied, “If we're far. However, we're in the capital of the city.”

“I see.” Ivy nodded and stood up. She ran to the door and gently opened it a little to take a peek. 

“Hello. I'm Antonio and I'm here to deliver packages to Miss Irish. Does she live here?” A young adult man said as he raised his cap. 

Ivy looked up and down, inspecting the man. After a while, she pushed the door and it's opening grew larger. “Irish?…” But not long before she spoke her first half of the sentence, Ivy froze. 

She remembered Iris telling her not to reveal themselves yet, and if she wanted to do things prior to what she like, she jus first charm the person she had contact with in order to not let themselves be known. 

“Big brother …” Ivy raised her hand and acted coquettishly. Her amber pupils became tinted pink, and slowly, the other person's eyes did the same before vanishing. 

“Yes, young miss. What do you have to say? I'll listen to all your dearest commands, and I won't hesitate to do it.” The young man kneeled down, catching Ivy off guard. 

She immediately pulled him up though with hardship, after blinking a few times, she told him. “Irish does live her. She's my twin sister. Can you inspect the goods first before you place them inside? It'll be worrisome if there's something missing in the box.”

“Sure will do, young miss.” The man bowed his head as he turned around. He begun inspecting everything and after making sure there was no damaged nor missing items, he looked back at Ivy and smiled. 

“There's nothing wrong with it? That's great.” Ivy said while tilting her head, charming the man furthermore. 

She then pointed at the boxes and the rest of the heavy stuff, she said with embarrassment: “I can't carry all of these, brother. Can you help little Ivy? Look at my skinny arms in comparison to yours, please help me put them inside, pretty please,”

Antonio paused, he lowered his cap and nodded. Turning around to carry the stuffs individually using his superhuman strength, everything Iris and she had ordered was piled up in a beautiful manner in the outermost corner of the hall. 

“Ivy, that's…” Iris was taken aback when she saw the man carry and went inside. Ivy hurriedly calmed her down, “Don't worry Iris, I did as what you've instructed me to.”

She then looked back at Antonio and smiled, “Brother will not enclose everything you've seen to anyone else, right?”

The man nodded and said, “I will follow everything that you wish, young miss.”

Iris realized. Afterwards, she told the man:

“Then, can I trouble you more to put the sofa here, the bed and cushion upstairs?” 

“Please listen to Iris as well.” Ivy added and the man hastily took what was asked and placed them in where he was instructed to put it onto.

“Thank you so much for the help.” Ivy opened the door and let Antonio stand at where he was standing at when he first arrived.

Ivy snapped her fingers and Antonio broke free from the spell. And to ensure that he won't find anything amiss, Ivy changed a bit of his memories.

He came here to deliver some stuffs to a person named Irish. Irish then came out to get what was delivered and a few burly men took it inside. A little girl named Jenna then went to meet him, to pay for the delivery as she asked the price.

Antonio looked at ‘Jenna’ who had reached out her hand forward with a card at hold. She foolishly said, “Master only has her card for now, do you allow it or it's only just cash?”

Antonio took it and took out a card reader. After scanning it, he gave it back and smiled. “Thank you for buying from Femur'.” He said. 

‘Jenny ’ smiled as well. “Yes!” And she closed the door, leaving no room for further interaction.

Ivy held the card in her hand as she breathed her relief. Speaking with a stranger was very troublesome, unlike how they would act towards her during their charmed state that was much better.

“Iris, next time let's go directly to the mall. I'm new to deliveries, and online shopping. I wanna buy something real time too.” Complained Ivy as she sat on the fluffy, and smooth grey colored sofa. 

“I understand.” Iris smiled bluntly. “Since the issues done, let's continue with decorating our new home, however, here's a short question for you Ivy, I really need your opinion regarding about it.” As she said that, Iris took a stack of cards and scattered it on the coffee table. 

Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, and Spades. Lying in an orderly matter as Ivy spectacled each pair with interest. Each card had an ace, Ivy poked them a bit as she raised her head and looked at Iris expectantly.

“So, I gained a further understand of my elemental control [Earth], I can use it to construct a sturdy human like body and use [Fire] to later cook it to perfection. Plus, I can summon spirits and make them possess each golem and the problem of finding employees would be solved.” Iris explained as she took another set of cards and waved it in front of her face. 

“Now, here's my question. I'm thinking of dividing them into four groups. Respectively, Hearts, Spades, Diamond, and Clubs. Which of them do you think should be the leader and so on?”

“Ha?” Ivy didn't expect the question. Pondering about it for a while, she then took a card and revealed it's symbol as she said, “Oh, then I chose Diamond to be the commanders. The clubs would be leaders, the knights shall be hearts and the army shall be spades.” 

“What quality do you want to be in which group?” Iris continued.

Ivy looked up and leaned back to the cushion with squinted eyes. “It depends on you, Iris. My brain happens to be short circuited and unlike your experienced self, I'm a newbie to works like this.”

Iris chuckled. “If so then.” She put the cards back into it's pile and the young girl stood up.

“I'll be putting on the decorations!” Ivy suddenly sat up as she waved bye to Iris who entered a secret cellar. 

“I'll be making employees!” Iris waved back and showed her pearly teeth. “And I'll make sure they're competent so we can live freely.”

“Okay! Make them beautiful too, I like pretty people!” Ivy added as she lowered her voice.

3