Prologue
63 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man in full body armor stood before a kneeling humanoid figure with a body as if made of a starry sky itself.

The man's armor is made of unknown metal with silver luster and covered with an ancient-looking red mantle. On the mantle, there are a symbol of a humanoid bird holding sword and white lotus on its human hand and a pitch-black snake on its claw.

The man raised his large broadsword, and he poised himself, ready to cut off the head of his arch-enemy, who is responsible for all of his pain and suffering.

"I WAS WRONG! I AM SORRY!"

The thing that calls itself god crawled forward to man's leg and began to beg for its wretched life, finally casting off its hypocritical and self-righteousness mask.

"Any more death is meaningless!!"

"There is no point!"

"You won!"

"Spare me! You know the consequence of killing me! Please, I swear from now on that I never leave this space and use my power for selfish gains!"

After throwing and toying with countless lives, only know the thing saying something it should do without any need of swearing on its pathetic name in the first place.

The thing's speech sounded pleasing, but the man already knew the thing still holding countless hostages to preserve its power and authority. He knew this thing already did once so he will definitely do it again.

"I beg of you! I no longer want to see all those deaths! You know my life is connected to the barrier! Please!"

Noticing a sign of small hesitation on the man the thing slowly began to climb on the man's legs. But then it saw the man's ice-cold eyes without a shred of mercy or humanity looking straight at him.

"It was you who started this, was it not?"

The sword fell, at its last moment, the thing finally realized what have done and the consequences of his actions.

The thing's lifeless head drops on the ground while its body disintegrates into nothingness leaving behind a single coin. A moment later the man felt the crack on the barrier and distribution in the river.

The man didn't ask for all of this war. But once it started, he had to finish it.

And now everything is finally ended.

Placing his sword back in his scabbard, the man took the coin and crushed it into dust along with his own, then dispersed into the endless void. No one can trully control the river. Everything is back to fate itself, not in the hand of anything or anyone.

Now it's time for him to walk away, to his final resting place, leaving behind all of pain and ugliness behind.

After all, he has been through, he finally earned peace.

* * *

From there on, days passed, years passed, and the century passed. The crack on the barrier slowly gets larger in the passing time until it finally couldn't hold it anymore before shattering into pieces after millennia. At that moment, many things about the size of dust appears from outside of the boundary and began to fly into the great river like a moth to the flame.

Some were crushed into nothingness in the great river while lucky ones became part of the flow after bumping into the rock to fix their direction. But in the end, after being slammed many times over the poor rock also uprooted from its home and picked up the waves.
* * *

A few years later.

In the outskirts of a C-ranked academy, a cold corpse of a teenage boy suddenly up and opened its eyes.

The first thing he heard is:

“The Godly Warrior System has been bound. Please collect the newbie gift pack as soon as possible!”

At the same time, in another place. Young lady laying on her bed within an empty cold room with a bloody mark on her slender neck, waiting for death.

Then suddenly a blue transparent screen appeared before her eyes:

Great Empress System is reanalyzing the host. Start scanning for analysis. Scanning progress: one percent …”

The cold voice of the machine was getting closer and closer, drawing more of her attention to its words.

“Scanning progress: 23 percent, 27 percent, 36 percent, 42 percent, 51…”

Ding. “Scanning of host completed. Verifying binding… Binding… Further verifying the identity of the host. Please wait a moment… Verifying… Verification complete.”

Somewhere in the castle of a dying kingdom with territory no more bigger than a large village.

"You have been chosen as host for Ultimate Emperor System,"

A cold mechanical sound was heard in the head of its third prince, who should be long dead from the deadly poison.

The same thing began to happen every place.

"Welcome to Heavenly Overlord System!"

"You Acquired Peerless Martial Art system."

"The Great Villian System has been activated!"

"The Top Grade Goddess System welcomes the new host!"

"God of Food System has chosen you as the next host!"

But no one knows those changes except those hosts.

* * *

On the eastern side of a small kingdom Red Hero, there is a large land covered with lush forests and mountains acting as a border between demonic wasteland and the human kingdom.

This great land of forest and mountains is called Brekh, Cradle of the Sky. In this land, the single mountain stood out from the rest by its titanic scale that went past the clouds.

It is said in legends that this mountain is a slumbering ancient titan that once fought against the god itself in the great war. But that is the only local folk of Red Hero with almost no proof except an old tradition name, Old Ava or Old Father due to how in every spring a lesser earth elementals born out from parts that fell out from its body.

On one peaceful night, a small shooting star hits The Old Ava, but due to its difference in size, the small rock didn't even make any sound or effect before lodges itself into a cliffside before becoming part of it.

"Oh, Interesting!"

A deep crackling voice like thunder came out from its Old Ava before the whole mountain shook its body. It happened for just a moment, but it winds created by that moved the forest itself.

Then a small pebble about the size of an adult head rolled down the Old Ava's cliff dropping on the ground after a few bounces.

With that, the whole forest went back to tranquility.

3