John: Concentration is Key.
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This just in, The recent Astronaut Expedition on the Fiver has gone missing. There was only one survivor from the attack. The rest were killed in various ways. In other news, the Hero, LiveFreak was just put out of action by the Illusive Captain Sylvester Verr-" 

The sound of the TV stopped immediately. The muffled sounds of the news were no longer heard, the ears of John had wiggled slightly in response. He wanted to hear the name of the person who took down LiveFreak but decided that if it was turned off he didn't need to hear it. He would sigh softly, waking up some time ago but he still had a few hours before he would be able to leave the pod. Plus the caretaker, whomever it may be, hadn't found out he was half awake either.

His ears were now listening to the soft hums of his pod's mechanics and the sound of the air conditioner outside. It was peaceful. It wouldn't be that bad to go back to sleep for a little bit. 

His eyes fluttered before he went back to sleep, entering the world of his mind one last time before he would awaken a day later, ready to start his adventure. 

Time goes by quickly for someone who's sleeping. Before he knew it he was ready to leave his pod. Smoke came from his arms and legs as the glass door popped open, more smoke flowing from the insides of the pod. "Augh... Phew..." He would look up, his eyes locking onto a curvaceous-looking figure in the dark hallway he was located. 

"Johnathan. My son. You're finally awake." The woman would say, her eyes covered by a shadow that her veil and coif projected onto her face. A tight habit covered her curvy body, hugging her with ease. A yellow cross covered her very prominent chest, outlining her beauty even more. Her lips were covered in a yellow gloss of sorts. 

"W-Who? Who are you??" He would question, his legs wobbling and shaking as he didn't have enough strength to stand up fully. He would fall to one knee, groaning in pain. She quickly sprinted over, putting a hand on his shoulder as she began to speak. "I am your mother, But you may call me Mother Maria.

Looking into where he thought her eyes would be, he would groan again. "Well... Mother Maria... Food and water... I need it..."

"Oh. Right. Come, my child, I shall give you a feast for your awakening." She responded quickly, picking him up bridal style as he coughed softly, really hungry at the moment. Spending 17 Years inside of a pod wasn't very good for his body. 

Chapter 1: Concentration? My power is Concentration?

"So your power is to be extremely concentrated on a certain thing?" Maria would ask, her head tilted to the side as she was stuck in a stupor. His power didn't sound that impressive. "Well, if you want to put it that way, yeah. That is my ability." Maria wasn't very enthused. The prophecy told her that he would be the most powerful of all of his siblings. At least with his potential. But his ability wasn't very good. "But!" She raised an eyebrow at his words. "Hmm... It's better that you just watch. Let's go watch some TV." She blinked a couple of times in response before she shrugged. He would stand up, wiping his maw of some grease before walking slowly to the doorway, exiting the kitchen. She followed close behind, desiring to see what he was uttering about. 

Once inside the living room of the church he would take a seat on the rough-looking couch, sighing. She would take a seat next to him, grabbing the remote. The TV wasn't like any of the new ones, but it wasn't bad either. It was a Lenovo box Television. So it could display cable. "Please, turn on a Boxing match for me." She would shrug before listening to him, flipping through channels before finding a boxing match. It was 'Nuxia-vs-Jerald' two of the finest prizefighters on the globe. "Observe. I'll examine Nuxia's fighting technique. Then, I shall replicate it faultlessly." He would state, complete confidence in his words and not an ounce of fear. His eyes would widen, a small burst of energy entering the air as his eyes darted across the screen. Nuxia's fighting style was laid back, and relaxed. His body shifted to the left and right seamlessly, like a candle's fire dancing in the dark. He was the best dodge using boxer on the globe. 10 Minutes of watching the fight were enough for John before he allowed his eyes to rest. Nothing happened though..? 

"So?" Mother Maria would ask, her head tilted as she watched him jump around a little bit in the middle of the living room before his body movements almost changed immediately, now doing the same movements as Nuxia. To a T. Swaying and moving around the living room gracefully, throwing fast jabs into the air as counters and doing graceful-ducking, dodges, and moves. She could hardly believe was she was witnessing. 

"See? I can copy someone's entire fighting technique and even their habits with just me studying their movements for a certain amount of time. I could've done it instantly with Nuxia, but it would've been a little sloppy so I decided to take additional time. Now I'm just as good as one of the best boxers in the world with dodging." 

She stayed silent for a little bit, before she screamed in happiness, running up and grabbing him into a hug. "Yes!! Now I know why the omen said such!! You will be the most powerful!!" She would cheer, jerking him side to side in the hug. "Mother Maria!! S-Stop!!" 

"Yes!! It was all true! God, my son!! You are already a monster!!" 

1