Ch – 6 Settling In To The Academy
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mr. Lude leads the group into the main doors of the academy. He then leads them through some more winding passage ways that all seem to be deserted. When he leads them through one more set of door it becomes apparent why the hallways were empty.

 
Mr. Lude opens the doors to enter what looks to be the main hall, every table is filled with upper-classmen, many of them ranging from ages 22-30. You see there is no age levels in the King Academies, instead their is simply grade levels, which you can graduate from when you pass their exam. As long as you get into the Academy at at age 19-21, you can stay in for as long as you want.
 
When new students are inducted, they are placed into classes depending on their skill levels. Meaning if you are strong enough, you could be at grade 30 (the max) on your first year.
 
Mr. Lude leads all the students to the front of the grand hall and starts speaking to the crowd, "Hello students! I am your new headmaster, Lusios Lude. Welcome to the new student induction!"
 
He gestures at the new students before continuing, "As you can see, there is only eight new students! That is because for the upcoming years, I want to focus on quality over quantity!"
 
Currently, the existing students were split up by Grade at each table.  3 tables alone accomodated for all the Grade 1 students.
 
Mr. Lude starts the initiation, " Otto Lewiise, Grade 3." 6 whole consisting of the Grade # students cheer as Otto walks towards them. 
 
"Alsie Manbury. Grade 2."
 
"Tina La Maison. Grade 10." The room was surprised when hearing Tina's rank. While Grade 10 new students weren't exactly rare, there was only 3-5 per new class.
 
"Ilia Hebyt. Grade 5."
 
"Jack Farland. Grade 4."
 
"Lucas Manty. Grade 2."
 
"Stephen Alonie. Grade 3."
 
Finally Mr. Lude comes across the final name, "Rubeoso Jaine." Mr. Lude pauses. "Grade 25."
 
The entire room is sent into silence. Everyone looks back at the farthest back table that read, "Grade 25".
 
Only seven people reside in Grade 25, it is currently the highest of anyone in the school. The seven look at Rubeoso with interested faces.
 
Rubeoso heads back to Grade 25 and sits next to all the others, they appear to all be around ages 26-27. He doesn't speak to anyone and just looks up at Mr. Lude again.
 
"Alrighty! Grade leaders, please take your grade up to your dorms and welcome any new students!"
 
A small skinnier boy at table 25 stands up and tells everybody to follow him. He leads them through winding passage after winding passage until they reach large doors. He looks at the group and tells everyone to head in.
 
Everybody walks in and sits down in the common area, the same boy speaks up again, "Well most years there is no one new in here so we don't have to do this, but because there is someone new," He looks at Rueboso, "I'll explain this very quickly, the bathroom is on your right when you enter, the commonplace is here, the girls dorm is the left stairs, and the boys dorm is the right stairs."

Rubeoso nods, "Ok."
 
Suddenly of the more muscular boys jumps up from the couch, "Well then! This silence is getting kind of akward so why don't we head down to the sparring arena!"
 
All of the grades have access to a universal sparring arena. 
 
The muscular man leads the Rubeoso and the other 26th Graders into the arena.
 
A girl with red hair speaks up first, "I call fighting him first!"
 
But the muscular man interrupts her, "Heck naw! I lead him down here, so I get to fight him first, you can have him next tho, Lexi."
 
It didn't take long for Rubeoso to realize they were arguing over who would fight him first.
 
Eventually the muscular man wins the argument and walks over to Rubeoso, "Hi! My names Saya, let's fight!"
 
It doesn't seem like Rubeoso has much of a choice, so he takes to one side of the arena and Saya goes to the other.
 
Saya yells over to Rubeoso, "Hey! Rubeoso! What weapon do you use!"
 
Rubeoso looks at his empty hands and responds, "Uhhh, I fight bare-handed!"
 
Saya is understandably confused, "Bare-handed? This is my first time fighting someone like that, so this should be interesting!"
 
At this point quite the crowd has been gathered around the arena. Almost everybody in the entire academy were watching the fight in-person, or watching it over the school's webcam system. 
 
Even Mr. Lude had tuned in, "Heh, this should be interesting."
 
Saya starts the fight, "Alright Rubeoso! Let's do this!" 
 
Saya uses a strength buff. The power is so atronomical that everyone in the stands, save for the other Grade 26 members, were dropped to their knee's.
 
However Rubeoso was not shaken, his strength and durability stats were far too high.
 
"Heh! I should not expect anything less!" Saya then sprints in at incredible speeds towards Rubeoso
 
Art Activated : Lead Arm
 
Rubeoso's raises his arm to meet Saya's punch and all of the punch's momentum is cancelled out immediately.
 
Art Activated : Future Sight
 
Art Activated : Burst Teleport
 
Future sight is an Art that was heavily dependant on the stregth of the user compared to the strength of the opponent. Depending on how much stronger the user is compared to the opponent, the user can see farther or shorter into the future. It is possible for there to be no future seeing if the opponent is stronger than the user.
 
However this was not the case with Rubeoso and Saya, Rubeoso could see 5 seconds into Saya's future. 
 
Using this knowledge he knew Saya would go into a kick after his failed punch, so he quickly teleported into the air and used a melee attack on Saya's face.
 
Art Activated : Almighty Punch
 
A hard as hell punch goes straight into Saya's face, completely decimating him. Saya is sent at riduculous speeds into a wall of the arena. 
 
Shoot, that might have gone too far.
 
Rubeoso teleports over to Saya.
 
Art Used : Omni-Heal
 
Rubeoso uses the most powerful healing Art. Immediately, everyone across the world gets hit with a heal unlike any other, and Saya groggily gets back up.
 
Mr. Lude laughs to himself.
0