Chapter 03: The Examination Starts!
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
As the morning sun was beginning to rise, the first day of Star Sword Sect’s one-week recruitment examination finally started.
Within the Star Sword Mountain’s mountain foot, one could see a group of people inside, specially those that came from younger generation. Naturally, these were the youngster who will undergo the test of Star Sword Sect that would happen anytime later.
Currently, the younger generation members stared at the two people in front of them with a solemn and serious look on their face. It is obvious that they treated this examination like a battle of their life.
Meanwhile, the two people at the front glanced at the arriving youngster, as one of them stepped forward and loudly declared, “Since all of you is already here, I declare that the Star Sword Sect’s first day of examination starts!”
After saying that, he took a paper made from unknown beast skin before he glanced at the contents within, and continued, “The first test you will need to pass is simple. We will give you one whole day to hunt five wild beast in this mountain.”
Hearing the person say that, suddenly, the atmosphere amongst the younger generation members changed as their expressions turned grave in the process. Even the faces of the young masters from many famous clans changed slightly. This indicated the so-called wild beast hunting test is not a simple one.
Naturally, their reactions were actually understandable. Even though wild beasts were below the realm of demonic beasts, they were still, after all, above the level of ferocious animals such as a wild boar. As such, this test naturally increases the difficulty of passing the examination.
As the atmosphere changed with the younger generation members, the other person care freely said, “The first test of examination starts!”
After the carefree declaration of the other person, some younger generation members immediately moved and quickly rushed towards the forest mountain.
Xuan Hao also began to move along with the other young masters and the five other youngsters. As the their silhouette slowly disappeared in his naked eyes, Zhang Ku grinned, “Yu Langjian, you should prepare to gift your Spirit Stones.”
Beside Zhang Ku, is a young man dressed in purple robe. He is naturally Yu Langjian, the envoy who sent Xuan Hao and the rest to Star Martial City. His expression turned grave as a regretting light was slowly thickening within his eyes and said, “Don’t be too arrogant, Zhang Ku. The result is still not decided yet.”
When he saw that there were traces of regrets within the young man’s face, Zhang Ku laughed heartily as though he was already a winner. He precisely use his Qi Breaking Pill, which is Yu Langjian needed, to get a free Spirit Stones from him as a gift. He knew that this young man is a rash person and also a gambler. As he thought of this, an evil smile slowly appeared on face and silently thought, ‘Yu Langjian… Yu Langjian… you’re still a generations early if you wanted to defeat me. Hmph! The moment our faction leader won the competition four months later, you’re doomed.’
As Xuan Hao rushed deeper the forest, the crowd of youngsters were gradually becoming sparse until he couldn’t see anyone in his sight. Ferocious animals could be seen clearly, roaming through the forest. However, he didn’t bother with them since they were not the objective of this test.
After a few breaths of time, Xuan Hao hid within the bushes as his eyes were directly staring at the creature a few feet away from him. This creature has a strange appearance, unlike the ferocious animals that he had seen.
This creature is a tiger with a huge golden crown on its head. It emitted a dominating aura that made the ferocious animals to tremble in fear and avoid it.
Xuan Hao’s gaze turned serious when he saw this creature. He knew that this is a wild beast that the person was talking about. Just seeing the aura of this crowned tiger made him understand the word—strength.
After he saw this golden-crowned tiger, he didn’t rushed out from the bush and attacked it. He knew that his strength was still severely lacking compared to this wild beast. If he had the strength of Wang Hu, he may stand a chance since Wang Hu had a strength greater than him to begin with. In addition, he even cultivated the “Breathing Force Technique” which further enhanced his power.
As the golden-crowned tiger continued to lazily lie on the ground, Xuan Hao began to analyze its habit by seeing the environment, in addition to what was the tiger currently doing is.
In fact, analyzing a thing or two calmly is Xuan Hao’s forte. As a village boy that live on the mountain, analyzing the weaknesses of a ferocious animal became the second nature for him.
Now, he finally understood why would the sect extended the hunting test by a whole day. It is because they wanted to give the youngsters like him that live on remote places a chance to pass the test. Even if he carry out a sneak attack, it is still within the rules because the results is the most important thing here, not the process.
Finally, Xuan Hao had analyzed its habits and weaknesses after a half an incense of time. However, he was still not in rush to attack it and waited for a few more minutes.
After the golden-crowned tiger lazily rolled through the ground, it stood up and went to the nearby tree. Following which, it raised its front limbs outstretched as it hit the tree with its claws, before slowly moving its limbs downwards as scratch mark began to appear. The golden-crowned tiger repeatedly did this action.
After seeing that the golden-crowned tiger finally began to move, Xuan Hao took a deep breath as his gaze turned serious. Immediately, he sneakingly and swiftly left the bush he was hiding in, as he silently walk through the circles in case that the tiger notice him. Then, he cautiously walked towards the tiger.
Xuan Hao was finally within five meters away from the golden-crowned tiger. Cold sweat poured down from his forehead as he somewhat nervously stared at the wild beast with extreme focus. Then, he bent his back and jerked his right arm backward, before forming a fist on his hand. Immediately, veins began to bulge from his skin, as he took a deep breath.
Suddenly, the golden-crowned tiger’s ears twitched slightly. Seeing this, Xuan Hao’s pupils shrank before he instantly stomped his foot on the ground, causing a rather large footprint to appear.
The golden-crowned tiger heard this as it turned its head. However, before it could see the existence behind it, Xuan Hao immediately jumped through the air as he released a punch.
This punch is lightning-quick like a sneak attack of a venomous snake, silent and precise. Following which, the punch landed on the tiger’s head before a loud thudding sound occured.
Roar!
After the punch landed, the tiger heavily crashed on the tree as it released a pained and angry growl that caused the ferocious animals nearby to shiver in fear.
The golden-crowned tiger hurriedly used its vision to see that bastard attacker. Following which, it saw a rough silhouette of a human but its eyesight is very blurry while his head was dizzy.
This is only natural. Xuan Hao used his full strength on that punch. Furthermore, his strength had greatly enhanced after cultivating the “Breathing Force Technique”.
The youth didn’t gave the tiger to recover its dizziness as he hurriedly rushed over before he threw a multiple punch again.
Booming sound repeatedly rang out on this part, as the golden-crowned tiger angrily roared as it frenziedly used its claw for counterattack.
Seeing this, Xuan Hao didn’t dare to dilly-dally as he dodged to the side, causing the multiple angry slashes of the furious tiger to hit nothing but an air. Following which, Xuan Hao’s veins immediately emerged from his legs as a full force began to move to that body.
Then, he threw a lightning-quick kick that landed on the tiger’s chest causing the beast to roar in pain.
The bouts of exchanging blows lasted for a long time. As Xuan Hao’s fist and legs hit the tiger, the growling of the latter was becoming weaker as the time passes.
Suddenly, Xuan Hao’s eyes widened as he gritted his teeth, before he threw a last punch causing the tiger to be sent flying, heavily smashing to the ground as it heavily growled in pain.
As it used its last bit of strength of roaring, the hints of life dispersed from the tiger. Its corpse quietly lied to the ground, with its body soaked with blood. In addition, one could see that there were many depressions on the tiger’s body.
Seeing that the tiger is finally dead, Xuan Hao panted heavily and sat to the ground cross-legged and immediately took a break. Following which, he began to cultivate the “Breathing Force Technique” once again.
Although this “Breathing Force Technique” is now useless that it cannot increase his strength and power anymore, it could still replenish his energy and stamina two times faster than an ordinary vigorous adult.
After he cultivated for about two hours, Xuan Hao opened his eyes as full of vitality could be seen within. Following which, he stood up and walked towards the tiger corpse.
When saw the tiger corpse, Xuan Hao sighed in his heart as he repeatedly played the battle between the tiger and him on his mind. He knew that he only won because of his sneak attack earlier causing the tiger to be dizzy. He repeatedly punched his head on the process until it feel a massive headache. After that, he forcefully calmed himself.
Then, he used his barehand to rip its head. Immediately, blood spurted from its neck causing Xuan Hao’s eyebrows to twitch. Although he experienced butchering animals, he still could not adapt ripping its neck with such a violence. In addition to that, he still hadn’t experience killing a tiger.
Following that action, he pulled out a yellowish sack from his clothes and stored the head before tying it. As a person who could only rely on living by hunting ferocious animals, he always had a sack and rope on him in case that he needed to use it on emergency. In addition, Yu Langjian told them roughly about the test earlier before they arrive the mountain.
After storing the tiger head, he immediately left that place and began searching for his new preys again.
0