13 – Surface
39 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Tittle ONE WHO DANCE WITH DEMON acquired*

*Tittle ONE WHO SMILE FACING A DEATH acquired*

*Tittle DEMON SLAYER acquired*

*Tittle HERO acquired*

*Tittle SEIRYUU LABYRINTH CONQUEROR acquired*

The demon is already dead, and the white haired man also already gone. Those who witnessed the fight between the two could only sit back and smile because the disaster that was before their eyes had disappeared. But for Miko Ohna and the few people who heard the white haired man's last words, they thought about what he meant. And they also wonder about who's Satou really is?

For Satou himself, he seem didn't care and walk entering the room that the mimic once reside. There he take out a torch and lit it up. He investigate the entire room and fine some device there. After he make sure that the device didn't have any kind of trap. He activated the device.

After Satou activated the device, a loud banging sound is heard. And the room change slightly. A door appear at a place that previously just a rock wall. After the door appear, Satou get out off the room and he immediately approaching the captain.

"I find a door in there. You should check it? I want to rest for a bit first" Tell Satou to the captain.

The captain and some soldier that near him have a big smile on their face.

"There is a possibility that the door is the exit from this labyrinth. I will send the scout to check it. You can rest as much as you want. You already doing more that what you should. And thanks you for your help" Said the captain.

Satou only lift his hand and walk away from the captain. After that the captain gather all the important people to talk about it. After the discussion. The scout send to check the door.

After just some 10 minutes, the scout back and report a good news to the captain. They said that it's really an exit. And in the surface, there's already the lord soldier make a perimeter around the labyrinth entrance. 

And the captain immediately talk to Miko Ohna about that. And they make a preparations for the procedure to get out of the labyrinth.

"Are the three of you alright?" Ask Satou to Liza and the other.

"Hai, we're fine master" Answer Liza.

"Daijoubu goshujin" Tama lift up her hand.

"Daijoubu nanodesu" Pochi doing the same as Tama.

Satou give the three headpats. They actually make the other soldier and people that look at them a little jealous, with their heartwarming situation. And some also scorned Satou because he's on good terms with a beast folk. Even with all the eye looking at them, Zena walk toward Satou.

"Satou, it's good that you're alright. Looking at your fight with the eyeball demon and you helping the white haired man. I realized again that you are really strong" Said Zena with smile on her face.

'That's a beautiful smile there'

'Ohh, welcome back partner. And for Zena smile, it's perfect for her. Thump up for her'

'I'm home host. That's a tiring job there host. Give me massage please. The plus plus one also alright'

'Urusai'

"You two Zena. It's good that you didn't get any injury" Satou said while giving a headpats for Zena.

"Zena!!" From the other side of the room the captain voice can be heard calling Zena. And he also see Miko Ohna walk toward them.

"Sorry Satou, i need to get going first. I need to help the soldier to arrange inspections of all those involved with this labyrinth" explain Zena.

"Yeah, because normally, the person who enter the labyrinth for the first time would suffer from the miasma and It can even make them sick. And sometimes, someone got cursed inside a labyrinth too. Because of that everything that came out of the labyrinth had to be checked by the soldiers and the temple staff" explain Miko Ohna that arrive beside Satou and the other.

"Ohh, is that so. Than, can i rest here for a moment?" Ask Satou to Miko Ohna.

"Of course you can. Just rest. There will be a soldier that stand at that room entrance. So they can also look after you so that anyone didn't disturbing your rest" Said Miko Ohna.

"Thanks for that Miko Ohna" Satou lower his head.

After that, Zena and Miko Ohna said their farewell to Satou and walk toward the captain. As for Satou, he take out his tent and sleep there with Liza and the other.

***

Satou hear something from outside of the tent. Because of that, he wake up from his sleep. When Satou came out from the tent, he see a soldier there.

"Satou-sama, there's no one else in the labyrinth except you and your companions. Captain ask me to tell you that" Said the soldier.

"Oh, okay, thanks. I will go out after waking them up" Said satou while pointing the three using his thump.

"Yes. Captain said, you don't have to hurry. And, for your fight with the demon. Thank You Very Much. I have a wife and daughter that waiting me at home. Without your help, i didn't know did i can go back to my family or not. That's why, Thanks you" Said the soldier while lowering his head.

"It's okay. It's also for my own purpose too. You can go back to your job" Said Satou with a smile.

After the soldier left the tent, Satou go in again to wake the three up. First he wake up Liza. And after she wake up and do her *usual thing*, Satou tell Liza to prepare water. And Satou then wake Pochi and Tama. After they wake up, they wash their head and fill their stomach before they walk toward the exit.

"We're really the last one. Let's go" Said Satou.

"Yes master""goshujin""nanodesu"

They walk toward the exit. There's a stairway up behind the door. When they climbing up the stair and came out of the labyrinth. They can see a lot of soldier stand guard surroundings the labyrinth. And they even build a fence too.

'They work fast. But if the eyeball demon or the demon lord came out of the labyrinth. This town will be destroyed thought'

'Don't say something scary partner'

'No, it's actually scary you know. Why is the town that is nearest from us have a demon?'

'Ah,,, did that thing work in here too?'

'Certainly. Otherwise, there's no way something like this could happen. We are practically not the original creatures of this world. But your body is tied to this world. Maybe because of that, that thing also applies to you'

'And partner. This body is created by Akon Kagura. She must be doing something fishy to this body'

'I can relate it. I will do the same if i in her shoes'

While in his conversation with Dea. Someone shout loud that make his attention drawn to it.

"Please, anyone that not yet get checked! Came here! We conduct the check here!"

"Liza, Tama, Pochi. Let's go there" Said Satou while pointing toward the man that shout.

The three nod and they walk straight toward the man.

"Did you want to take the check?" Ask the soldier.

"Yes, i and my slave" Answer Satou while pointing his thump to Liza and the two.

"Yes, 4 people right? Please make line in there" Said the soldier pointing toward a person that sit near a Yamato stone.

"Okay, thanks you. Keep your good job" Said Satou after patting the soldier shoulder.

"Yes, you're welcome" The soldier smile to Satou.

After that Satou and the three walk toward the place that the soldier tell them.

"Who is that person. Is he a noble from somewhere?" Ask the soldier to his friend.

"Ahh, you're not get taken by the labyrinth right. It's normal if you didn't know him. This is known by everyone that is inside the labyrinth. He is lvl 30 last time. But i thing his lvl will be up after killing the eyeball demon and helping the hero killing the demon lord" explain his friend

"What, so he's the rumored human that have the strength of a hero? I thought someone like that will be arrogant" the soldier confused.

"Arrogant, no way. He was a good person. Even the hero also said that even though his family was slaughtered by greedy people, he did not hold grudges at all. He even saved Rick when he was tempted by his greed. All I can say is that he's a man of principle" Said his friend.

"Actually yesterday I saw him rescuing the two little slaves he was with now, when someone was about to hurt them both. And I also overheard his conversation with his girlfriend. He says *I kind to everyone. As long as they not bad to me, i will not bad to them too. Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. Good for good, and bad for bad* I think i like that phrase" Add another soldier.

After that conversation. Without Satou knowing. He became the idol of the soldiers in Seiryuu City.

*Tittle IDOL OF SEIRYUU SOLDIER acquired*

'khakhakhakhakha'

'What the f*** happened?'

Satou and the other arrive at the venue of the check up.

"I will go first. After I'm done, i will wait for you three at the other side" Said Satou to the three. They nod to Satou.

Then Satou walk toward a man standing behind the Yamato stone. And then Satou place his hand on the stone. After the usual visual effects a hologram appear above the stone.

The man shocked seeing Satou status. And he ask for other soldier to look at it too. It's became a commotion until the captain come.

"Ohh, isn't that Satou. You're finally out too. Jin-sama has been waiting for you. Fasten his checking process and the three of them too. The Viscount and the Lord waiting for the four of them". Said the captain.

Then Satou checking process become faster and even the three get priority. And commotion also happen when the three do their check up.

"You know Satou. Actually I'm a little upset when you said you're the strongest in the labyrinth. But after seeing your fight with the eyeball demon and plus i see your status earlier. I'm concur, you're the strongest in this town. And your companions, Lvl 19 for the 3 of them. Sword and shield. And that lizard girl, Spear and thrust. Isn't the tree of them to strong!?" Said the captain to Satou.

"Say Satou, want to be soldier? You can immediately became a captain if you want." Entice the captain.

Satou look at the captain and them lowering his head and facepalm himself.

"Sorry captain. I'm not interested in the soldier job. And you know, i got a promise from Jin-sama that i will get a reward from the lord right. I expecting something grand from this actually. Heheheehe" Satou smile and giggling. The captain facepalm himself.

"I forgot you're a traveler" Said the captain.

"You four will go to lord castle using a carriage. They will came to pick you up" Explain the captain.

"Thanks for your help. Captain Kigouri" Said Satou.

"Thank you" add Liza

"Thanks""nanodesu" Tama and Pochi lift up their hand.

"Hahahaha your welcome" The captain laugh out loud.

***

After the carriage arrive. They immediately go to the lord castle. When they arrive, they're greeted by the castle staff.

"Welcome to the Earl Castle. You can leave your weapon here" Said the person.

Satou place his bag. Liza and the three left their weapon even thought they reluctant to do it. After doing the security check up. They get escorted, but not to go and meet the lord. They get escorted to a jail.

'Hmm is this a conspiracy?'

'Nah, i think that staff just stupid host'

'Yeah, there is a lot of stupid people like that'

"Let's just rest for now" Said Satou while sitting at the floor. The three follow after him.

And not long, Tama and Pochi already sleeping. And Liza lean her head at Satou shoulder.

After sometime, someone come to the jail.

"Is there anyone named Satou here?!" Said that person.

"I'm Satou. What can i help you?" answer Satou to him.

"So, you're Satou. Just some bumkin. I'm the lord aide. The lord want to meet you. Came out right now" Said him arrogantly.

"Can i bring the three with me?" Ask Satou while patting Tama and Pochi head.

The aide shocked hearing what Satou said.

"Are you insulting the lord. There's no way these beast folk get a permission to meet the lord!" The aide shout with anger on his face. His loud voice even wake Tama and Pochi up.

"Ohh, if I can't bring them with me. I will not meet the lord. Came back here if the lord give me permission to bring the three with me" Said Satou while sign him to go away using his hand.

"Are you out off your mind. The lord personally want to meet a lowlife peasant like you. And you decline it just because of a trash like beast folk...hiiiiiii" The aide immediately run backwards and stumble on his feet.

Satou dead glaring toward the aide.

"I don't care about that lord of yours. I'm not person from this kingdom. I can go whenever i want. If i want to go i will go, i didn't want i will not go. Who do you thing you're. Even God will not be able to push me around. And you human want to do it" Satou's voice was soft, but from it there was an overwhelming anger. Which made the man tremble in fear.

*Skill BLOODLUST acquired*

*Skill INTIMIDATION acquired*

The aide visibly fear. And he immediately run toward the lord. After he arrive he reported all of it to the lord.

***

"Lord, there's a problem with the man named Satou. He didn't want to meet you my lord" Said the aide to the lord.

"What do you mean he didn't want to meet me?" ask the lord for explanation.

"Yes, he will only meet the lord if he have a permission to bring three beast folk with him"

"This is different from what Jin and Kigorui said to me?"

"Lord, he is just a peasant that didn't have a manner. Why did you must meet someone like him?" Ask the man.

"He have a tittle demon slayer" Said the lord that make the aide shocked.

"But my lord. Is that Satou really a human?" ask the aide.

"What do you mean?" The lord confused with the aide question.

"Actually my lord. When that man ask me about the beast folk. I involuntary insulting the beast folk. And that man anger is not a normal. It's feel like he can kill me just using that alone" explain the aide to the lord while trembling.

"Huhf, so he's that strong. That feeling you feel is his bloodlust. Someone that fight a lot usually have that. If you feel you will die just from that. Maybe he is as strong as Shiga Eight Sword. At least his battle experience" Explain the lord.

"No way" The man shocked.

"And you know, for a normal human to have a tittle is hard you know. Especially a demon slayer. How many demon do you think he kill to get that tittle?" ask the lord.

At that, the man realize. Satou is not just some bumkin.

"Then my lord? What should we do?" ask the man.

"Call Jin, also Miko-sama and Zena Marienteil. I think he close to those three" Said the lord.

"Hai my lord. Immediately" The aide leave the lord room and immediately tell his subordinate to call for Jin Belton, Miko Ohna, and Zena Marienteil. 

***

'I think the discrimination around the beast folk really deep in this city. Even the lord aide is also like that'

'Is it or that he just have a big pride. You know that beast folk usually just a slave right?'

'Ahh, because he know they just a slave and I'm just nobody. So his pride give a better to him'

'Yeah, basically'

'He's stupid' Satou and Dea said at the same time.

When Satou talking with Dea, someone called him from the other jail.

"Hei, nii-chan" Said a bulky man to Satou.

"Did you call me, uncle?" ask Satou.

"Uncle? I'm not that old thought?" the man sulking.

"Not old? So you just have an old face than?" Said Satou that make the other at the jail laughing.

"Your funny man" Said some people.

"Hei nii-chan. Is that alright to reject the lord invitation just because of a beast folk?" Ask someone.

"Why not? He not respecting me in the first place. Why should i respect him?" Said Satou that make everyone in the jail gawked. And than laughing.

***

After Jin Belton, Miko Ohna, Zena Marienteil arrive. The aide immediately escorted them toward the lord room.

"I welcome the three of you here" Said the lord with a smile.

"Yes my lord, is there anything that we can help you?" Ask Jin Belton to the lord.

"This is about that Satou actually" The three shocked hearing what the lord said. And Zena look very worried.

"Calm yourself. Its just that I didn't know what this man want for his rewards. So i need the three of you to help me thing what should i give him. Also, when i ask him to meet me, he decline because i prohibited his slave beast folk" Explain the lord.

"Ahh, Satou is someone who respect life more than anything. He think everyone is equal. Even God is equal in front of him. So it's normal for him" Said Miko Ohna.

"Satou if a good person. I think if my lord talking in a normal way like you talking with your friend is acceptable" Add Zena.

"And he's a traveler. Maybe if you give him a permanent permit and some gold. Its will be enough. Or maybe you can make him marry someone" Jin Belton add more to them. But Zena face dark after that.

"If Satou ask that just push Zena to him my lord" Said Miko Ohna.

"What,,, Ohna-sama. I and Satou not like that yet" Said Zena hurriedly.

"Ohh. So you hope to became like that with him Zena Marienteil?" Ask the lord.

"I give you permission to that regard" add the lord.

"awawawaw...." Zena can't say anything. She just fidgeting there. Miko Ohna only giggling and Jin shake his head.

"Actually, bases by the three of you. He's a good person that is humble and not greedy. Is he a saint?!" The lord shout after hearing what the three said.

"At least he can be reasoned right?" Ask the lord.

"Yes my lord" the three answer.

"Huhf, so everything just because you insult the three beast folk right?" said the lord to the aide.

"Yes my lord, i ask for your forgiveness for my rude behavior" The man lower his head.

"You ask the wrong person. Meet him again and ask for his forgiveness. And tell him, he can bring his slave to meet me. Bring him to the dinning room. Better talking with a meal than standing here" Said the lord to the man.

"And for you three, stay here. Its better to have a meal with a friend right?" Tell the lord to Jin Belton, Miko Ohna and Zena.

"Yes my lord"

3