23 – Slave Again
68 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Partner, what should we do after this?'

'Yeah, we have too much free time. Nothing is too much trouble in this town'

'Huh, what about the organization running behind the scenes? Do we need to make it?'

'Actually I did want that. But we don't have many people we can trust for that'

'What about Nidoren? We can start with the slave trade'

'That's right, after all Nidoren is already under Arisa's control isn't he? And again we also need someone to take care of our house later'

Alright, then we'll meet Nidoren after Lulu a little better'

***

After that night, Satou didn't do anything and just take care of Lulu health. After 3 day, Lulu became a little better.

The next day, after Lulu health became better. Satou and the others go to the slave market to meet Nidoren.

"Master, why are we going here again?" Ask Arisa.

"You haven't let Nidoren out of mind control have you?"

"Huh??? W...what do you mean master" Arisa sweats in fear.

Satou flicked Arisa's forehead and smiled at her. Arisa who saw Satou's smile became even more frightened.

"S...sorry master. I forgot!!" Arisa shouted.

"Huh... I don't blame you. I don't really care what you do with your abilities. But next time tell me what you want to do" Satou stroked Arisa's head.

Seeing Satou stroke Arisa's head. Tapa and Pochi thrust their heads in front of Satou with hopeful faces. Seeing Tama and Pochi's behavior, Satou smiled and stroked their heads.

"Besides, we need an extra person to take care of the house I bought right. There's no way I can leave everything to Zena" Satou explains to Arisa why she went to the slave market.

"Master, so you want to buy additional slaves? Liza asked.

"Yeah, we need people we can trust to take care of and look after our homes. I don't have many people I can trust in this city. So it's easiest, with slaves.

"Master, if it's to keep the house, I can do it!" Liza offered herself.

"So you want to stay in this city? Even though I will definitely leave this city?" Satou said to Liza.

"I will not stay in this city. One day I will leave here too. You don't want to come with me?"

Liza fell silent hearing Satou's words.

"I will follow master wherever you go" Liza said loudly.

Satou stroked Liza's head "Good then" and smiled at her.

"Me too" Tama said and jumped into Satou's arms.

"Me too, nanodesu" Pochi also did the same with Tama.

***

Arriving at Nidoren's shop. Satou enters and tries to meet Nidoren, but Nidoren is not in the shop and he only meets the shopkeeper. According to the shopkeeper, Nidoren was at the military headquarters discussing the matter of the criminals being caught recently, to be made into slaves. Hearing that, Satou rushed towards the military headquarters.

"Master, can we just go to the military headquarters? Don't we need an appointment in advance or if we are summoned, then we can go in there?" Arisa asks Satou.

"No need, with what I did in the labyrinth and contact with the lord. I was allowed to enter and exit the military headquarters. Besides if I'm not mistaken I had to train the soldiers in this city for labyrinth matters. When I was in house arrest in the lord's castle, I've already trained a few soldiers. But I think I should train more than that. Maybe because it's not needed yet, they haven't called me for it yet." Satou explain to Arisa.

"I did hear that you can meet the lord and Miko from Parion temple. But I didn't expect that you also train this city's soldiers too" Arisa is surprised to hear Satou's explanation and conveys her admiration.

"Yeah, that master is the best" Liza said with a big smile on her face.

"yes""nanodesu"

***

Satou and the others walked for a while and finally arrived at the military headquarters. And there's two soldier standing in front of the headquarter gate.

"Ohh, Satou-sama. Good morning? What can i help you?" Said the soldier that stands at the gate.

"Yo, i need to meet with Nidoren. He's here right?"

"Nidoren?" One soldier tilting his head.

"The slave marchant. The one that Captain Kigouri call yesterday and this morning to deal with the crime slave" explain the other soldier

"Ahh, that person. Yes he's inside. Will you come inside or waiting here?"

"Let us in. I need to meet with Captain Kigouri too"

"Yes" The soldier open the gate. "Then please enter"

"Thank you" Satou smile to the soldier than enter. Liza and the other also enter while lowering their head.

"You're welcome Satou-sama" The soldiers gave their salute.

After entering the headquarter, Satou can see some soldier doing morning practice in the field. Some soldier see him and wave their hand and southing his name too. With that ruckus, the official eventually came toward him.

"Ahh, it's Satou-sama, that understandable if they became a little uncontrollable" Said the official.

"Yo, is captain Kigouri available?"

"He's still talking with Nidoren-san about crime slave. It's not that important matter actually, so if you want to meet him. I can inform him right now"

"Yes please, i need to meet with Nidoren too. If i can meet them at the same time, it will be better" explain Satou.

"Follow me than" Said the official while escorting Satou and the others to captain Kigouri's office.

In front of captain's office, they can hear Captain Kigouri and Nidoren voice fro the outside.

"Captain! Satou-sama is looking for you" Shout the official.

After the official shouting, the room became silent for a moment.

"Let him enter" Said captain Kigouri from inside.

The official open the door at let Satou and the other enter the room.

"Satou, please sit" Said captain Kigouri while invite Satou to sit.

"Oh,, Satou-sama and... " Before Nidoren can finish his sentence, Arisa eye flicker a bit.

Sarou flick Arisa forehead after seeing what Arisa do. "Ouch" Arisa caress her forehead while smiling.

After Satou sat down, Liza walked behind Satou and stood there. Arisa is sitting on the right, and Tama and Pochi are on the left. Meanwhile Lulu was standing beside the couch where Satou was sitting.

"I don't want to talk much. I heard you two were talking about crime slaves, didn't you?"

"Yeah, because of the problem where you reported the criminal base last time. We have too many criminals who can't be imprisoned. So we have to be slaves. Some even have a bounty for their heads" Captain Kigouri said while massaging his head as a sign he had a lot to think about .

"That's why I came here since yesterday to finish all the processes to make them slaves" Nidoren added his explanation.

"Ahh, is that the reason I got a lot of rewards even though I only reported their base?" Satou seemed to understand something.

"That's right, the lord also sent a gift to Nadi as an accompanying person. And Zena actually got a leave for a few days, but she refused and postponed her leave for a time when your house was finished being renovated" Captain Kigouri explained.

"So, why did you come here Satou?" asked captain Kigouri.

"I need some slaves. Actually I've been to Nidoren's shop earlier. But because the shopkeeper said he was here, so I came straight away"

"So you have nothing to talk to me about?" Captain Kigouri looks a little lonely.

"Actually there is, but it's not too urgent. The slave matter isn't really urgent either. I can wait another 4 days." explain Satou.

"Satou-sama, if you are looking for slaves, we can finish them today. Two days ago I received some clean slaves" Nidoren offered to Satou.

"Clean? What do you mean?" Satou tilted his head.

"It's people who sell themselves. Usually because they want to reduce their mouths to eat in their family" Captain Kigouri explained

"Some are like that. But this one is a little special. He is a former adventurer," added Nidoren.

"Why did adventure become a slave? Does he have a problem?" Satou asked the reason.

"According to his own people, he became a slave because he has no family anymore. And he hasn't leveled up for the past 10 years"

Satou tilted his head.

"Isn't anyone willing to hire him? What rank is he at?"

"Actually he's already a rank C. But with his looks that can be said to be scary. Few want to hire him"

"Oh... How about his attitude? Does he reject beast folk?"

"He doesn't mind that. Some of his former team members are also beast folk. He actually likes children and is easy to get along with. He can even joke around with some of the slaves in my shop now."

Satou was getting more and more confused by this person.

"If he's like that, why won't the guild hire him as a staff there? They can make him an instructor or trainer for new adventures. Instead of him working with me, it's better to offer him to a lord. He can become a special soldier for the labyrinth right?"

BAAM!!!

Everyone in the room was shocked to see Captain Kigorui hitting the table and immediately stood up.

"Satou, Nidoren, come with me to meet the lord right now!"

Satou and Nidoren could only tilt their heads and look at each other and shrugged.

***

After the talk in captain Kigouri's office. Satou and the others along with captain Kigouri and Nidoren headed straight for the lord's castle. Inside the carriage they chatted briefly.

"Master, why are we going to the lord's castle? Shouldn't we just need to buy new slaves today to take care of your house?" Arisa is feeling lazy. Even Tama and Pochi are asleep and need to be carried by Liza.

"Just protest to captain Kigouri. He's the one who made things more complicated" Satou was a little annoyed.

"A...are we going to be allowed to enter the castle?" Lulu is scared.

"If you can't come in. I won't go in either. They should already know what my attitude is like" Satou smiled at the Kigouri captain.

"They should have known. Otherwise, I will use my authority to allow them to enter" Kapyen Kigouri smiled and reassured Satou.

"Nidoren, are there many slaves like this one in your place?"

"If you are looking for a clean one, it's a bit difficult. But if you are ok with one in debt. I have several"

"What are their ranks? Are there any girls?"

"In terms of rank, it varies. I have rank D, C and some B. But the rank B is a little bit expensive"

"I need some women for cooks, maids and caretakers. Maybe some men for the garden and stables. And for administrations and guards, it can be women or men. You yourself know that there will be more women in the house. The owner will also be Zena, not me."

"Ohh, is your marriage with Zena confirmed?"

"Yeah, just need to wait for Zena to finish her term as a soldier"

Their conversation had to stop because they had arrived at the castle gate. And captain Kigouri came out of the carriage to meet the soldiers guarding the gate. After a few minutes, captain Kigouri got back into the carriage and they continued on their way.

Arriving in front of the castle. They got out of the carriage and walked towards the castle door where it turned out that the lord's aide was already waiting in front of the door.

"The military staff has informed me of your arrival. So we can directly meet the lord in his office" said the lord's assistant.

"Okay, take us all there" Captain Kigouri replied.

"Yo" Satou greeted the lord's aide.

"Looks like your entourage is growing, Satou-sama?" Ucal the lord's assistant on Satou's greeting.

"Hahaha, this is still going to add up."

The lord's aide thought for a while before saying "Ahh... I remember that you bought a house. Surely you need a maid and some other staff"

"Hahaha, you can answer well already" Satou laughed, slightly mocking the lord's maid.

"I learned from what happened back then." The lord's aide said a little weakly.

"Hahahaha" Satou laughed and hit the lord's aide back "Good for you if you can still learn"

They walked towards the lord's office with a little joke between Satou and the lord's aide.

***

"Lord, I brought captain Kigouri and his entourage" said the lord's aide after he knocked on the door of the lord's office.

"Enter." The lord's voice came from inside.

The lord's aide opened the door and allowed Captain Kigouri and the others to enter. After they all entered. The lord's aide prepared everyone to sit down.

Lord sat on the main sofa. with his aide standing on his right. Captain kigouri sat on the couch to the right of the lord with Nidoren on his right. While Satou sat on the couch to the left of the lord.

As usual, Liza was standing behind Satou with Lulu beside her. Arisa is sitting on Satou's left. Tama and Pochi who are already asleep, are placed on Arisa's left far from the lord.

"So, what is the purpose of your coming here Kigouri? You even brought Satou and his entourage. And who is he" Lord said slowly. But sounds a little annoyed.

'He looks a little annoyed? Is he in too much trouble?'

'Probably host. It's possible that the soldiers who entered the labyrinth still have casualties'

'Ahh, of course he looks annoyed. With the decrease in the number of soldiers without any definite results. Who tries who is not upset'

'That's probably also why captain Kigouri forced us and Nidoren a bit to meet him'

'Anyway, why didn't he ask Celivera City for help?'

'Maybe he already asked for help. But because of the distance that might be considered far. Help hasn't arrived yet'

'Then why didn't he contact us? He can ask our help to escort the soldiers who enter the labyrinth so that the casualties are reduced. And with us escorting them, victims cannot exist'

'We can ask later'

Satou nodded in thought.

"I'm sorry for my impudence in asking for your time, lord. However, what I want to convey may be able to help ease your burden, lord" said captain Kigouri with his head lowered.

"What do you think can lighten my burden?" Lord was getting interested in what captain Kigouri would have to say.

"This morning, I asked Nidoren a slave marchant to solve the problem regarding the criminal that we caught last time. But in the middle of our conversation, Satou came to meet the two of us. With the arrival of Satou who turned out to want slaves for him to work in his new house. Nidoren offered slaves who turned out to be a former C rank adventurer. Hearing the background of this adventure, Satou concluded that you lord better buy this slave..."

Before captain Kigorui could finish his sentence, the lord interrupted him first.

"Wait, you said earlier that Satou bought a house?" The lord stroked his chin. "Satou, did you really buy a house? Where did you buy a house?" Lord looked at Satou.

"That's right lord, I bought and renovated the house of a former noble who died without children. The house is located on the outskirts of the northern part of the city"

"You picked a good place, seeing as you have beast folks slaves. And chose slaves over the locals due to trust issues. Good thinking. I'll immediately approve your certificate of ownership" Lord looked a little happy. "Kigouri, continue your explanation earlier" ordered the lord to captain Kigouri.

"Alright. After talking, Satou concludes that the lord needs to buy the slave. According to Satou, the lord can make the slave as a soldier who is assigned to enter the labyrinth"

The lord was silent for a moment.

"Satou, is there really a big difference between the monsters in the labyrinth and outside?"

"I actually don't really understand much about the habitat of monsters in the labyrinth. However, fighting monsters in the labyrinth requires its own technique. Because in general, labyrinths don't have a large space. So certain techniques and coordination are needed to fight in a limited space" Satou explained a little to the lord.

"Hmmm, you're a slave marchant aren't you?" the lord looked at Nidoren.

"Forgive my impudence my lord. It's true I'm a slave marchant" Nidoren replied by lowering his head.

"Do you know about the labyrinth?"

"I'm sorry my lord. I've never been in a labyrinth before. However, I heard a lot about the labyrinth from the slaves I received. I think that Satou-sama's words have some truth"

The lord stood up and walked towards the window. He silently looked out.

/This city is far from labyrinths and I never knew about labyrinths. I'd better listen to the opinions of people who know more about this. If this continues, this city's soldiers will be exhausted in the labyrinth/

"Alright then. We'll finish our talk for today. We'll continue tomorrow. Kigouri, bring all the captains. You Nidoren, bring all the slaves you have who know about the labyrinth. Satou, you should also come tomorrow. Bring them too, especially your three beast folks"

"Ready my Lord"

"Thank you for trusting me, my Lord"

"I just need to come right?"

"Okay, you can leave"

/In the end I should ask outsiders for help from the start/

After being asked to leave, Satou and the others walked towards their carriage.

"Satou-sama, if lord asks all slaves with experience with labyrinths, what will you do?" Nidoren asked confused.

Nidoren who is still under the influence of Arisa's magic feels he has to fulfill all requests from Satou the owner of his master. However, he couldn't refuse the Lord's request because if he got into trouble with this city, it would make him unable to help Arisa and Satou.

"Nothing. I don't need to do anything" Nidoren was surprised to hear Satou's answer.

"Besides, I'm not looking for slaves who know about the labyrinth" Hearing this explanation, Nidoren felt a little relieved.

"You're looking for someone you can hire to run your house right? What about soldier families?"

"In that case, please ask Zena. I don't know the citizens of this town very well."

"That's right, I'll talk to Zena later"

After leaving the lord's castle and having a little chat, captain Kigouri escorted Satou and the others back to the inn.

"Thank you captain Kigouri. Please pick me up tomorrow before going to the lord's castle" said Satou when he was about to get out of the carriage.

"Why should I pick you up?" Captain Kigouri was confused.

"If you don't pick me up, I won't come to the lord's castle. Do you want me not to come?" Satou grinned at captain Kigouri.

"You bastard, you took advantage of me in a pinch. If you don't come tomorrow, everything will be in vain!!" Captain Kigouri was a bit angry.

"Therefore pick me up. Okay" Satou smiled at captain Kigouri.

"You bastard, get out before I get even angrier!!" Captain Kigouri kicked Satou out of the carriage.

"Hahahahaha,,, see you tomorrow captain" Satou waved his hand. Tama and Pochi imitate Satou. While Arisa, Liza and Lulu lower their heads.

2