Chapter 25 – Magnus and the curse mark part 9
40 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She felt Roy’s gentle caress, she emitted an adorable groan as she slowly opened her emerald eyes. She smiled at him.

 

“Good morning sleepy head,” Roy said.

 

“Good morning, brother.” She yawned, she lifted her body in a sitting position facing him.

 

“Big brother why didn't you visit me, I was kinda hoping you would go to my class but you didn’t.” She pouted.

 

“Ah, sorry Mia, big brother is busy with training but I’ll visit you when I can I promise!” Roy said.

 

“But you always train, you’re already strong in my eyes.” She replied with a grunt.

 

“I need to get stronger, enough to protect you from any danger.” He said.

 

“Do you really need to become strong as uncle?” She asked.

 

“Yes, I also don’t want to be left behind by my friends.”

 

“You see Mia, our cousin is stronger than me and to add to that he’s younger!” Roy sighed.

 

“What do you expect, he’s our aunt’s son.” Mia frowned.

 

“That's one more reason why I shouldn’t be weaker than any of them!” Roy replied with burning passion.

 

“Ok let’s stop talking, the food is getting cold.” Roy added while patting her adorable little sister.

 

Mia blushed as Roy was petting her, the way Mia reacted almost looked like a cat getting attention. Roy imagined her sister purred as he rubbed against her.

 

Svetlana stood up inside the Security Council room with her partner Dostoevsky.

 

The man with black hair and slanted eyes asked. He had a prominent nose and pointy ears but not as pointy like the elfs.

 

“So Svetlana, why did you call this meeting?” Cir asked as he frowned.

 

“A group of cultists infiltrated our university, it’s our task to protect our fledgling mages and our university.” Svetlana said in a serious tone.

 

“I managed to capture one of them and interrogated him. Dosto?” Svetlana moved her head to the side staring at Dostoevsky.

 

“Ahem, yes right. The information we got is that these guys are members of The Children of Night Mother, I prefer calling them Cult of Night Mother.”

 

“And what does this cult want?” Cir asked, his eyes didn't look very happy.

 

“The thing is, uh we did not manage to extract that information, but what we do know is that one of our gatekeepers is a cultist.” Dosto said.

 

“Is this the cult that got destroyed long ago?” The girl with different eye colors, red and yellow asked. 

 

She had snow white hair. Her beauty could enthrall any men that glanced at her, to add to that her majestic bosom was on the smaller side. Her petite body was adding cuteness to her overall appearance. The complete opposite of Svetlana.

 

“Yes, and somehow they resurfaced Siesta. We know that what they're doing is harmful to Magnus.” He replied.

 

“Then we must stop them, I’ll deploy the Security Task Force. They will report to Svetlana.” Siesta stood up, her adorable voice had a fire on her tone.

 

“Yes, we will interrogate the gatekeepers, first we round them up.” Svetlana said.

 

“Any objection?” Svetlana added.

 

The man with a rockhard build raised his hand.

 

“Actually I'm raising my hand to add suggestions, more patrols day and night.” His deep musculine voice echoed throughout the room.

 

“Glad to hear it, Bran.” Dostoevsky awkwardly smiled at him.

 

Bran replied with a nod.

 

I thought there's going to be fighting again. Dostoevsky sighs in relief as he thought.

 

A loud stomp can be heard inside the room, he stood up from his wooden armchair.

 

“I’ll get into work right away,” Bran snorted.

 

“Hard working as ever,” Cir sighed.

 

“If I don’t then there would be two of us. And that is an imbalance as partners.” Bran said.

 

“And I’m always dragged by you, can we just do it later? Come on, it's early in the morning!” Cir sneered.

 

“Yes, the perfect time to catch them off guard so they won’t be able to run, the earlier we go the easier we catch the cultprit.”

 

“Ah, here we go with his lame puns.” Cir sighed.

 

“It was quite funny,” Dostoevsky said while giggling a bit.

 

“I don’t understand your taste in jokes, Dos.” Cir sighed again.

 

“No, you live in your own world Cirtirus.” Bran said.

 

“No you’re the one who’s not normal! I mean you got this stupid serious face then you pull lame puns all of the sudden! You wouldn’t expect a big serious guy to pull that shit in your face!” Cirtirus Schneider said.

 

“You need to relax, or your skinny body will break.” Bran said.

 

“Huh?!” Cir howled.

 

“Come on Siesta already left, stop it.” Svetlana said.

 

“You wasted our time, I’ll clock you.” Bran said in a serious tone.

 

A phantom flashed, and stood inside the windows.

 

“What is it? The priestess wanted something?” A cult member said.

 

“No, I came to warn you, they’re searching for you, use the magic to hide your mark. The Security Council had noticed us, I’ll notify the priestess to hasten our task. If you get caught, you know the consequences. I’ll help out as much as I can.” She said she cloaked herself in darkness and vanished.

 

Rey, and his minions walked the grassy plains chilling towards his class. They giggled, and smacked each other like any group of young men do for fun. Rey smirked as his fist got through his friend’s defense and hit the belly. He groaned as he crouched, he felt it but he tried to smile and stood up.

 

“Now tell me that was a good hit, hah!” Rey boasted.

 

“You got me good, urgh it’s still going.” He rubbed his stomach.

 

“You! Rey von Unheim! I won’t forgive you!” A dwarf screamed.

 

His eyes were bloodshot red, his nerves in his neck to his forehead were visible and he grinned his teeth. The only thing in the dwarf’s mind was to murder, revenge.

 

“This guy took Red Drops,” he laughed. He thought that the dwarf fell into despair and took drugs.

 

“You could have asked us! By the light I would sell it cheap for spuds like you!” He continued to laugh while getting near the aggravated dwarf.

 

He pushed him, the dwarf fell back and slapped his face while his friends laughed. Rey felt something was wrong he put his hand on his minion’s shoulder and put it to stop.

 

He clicked his tongue, but obeyed his boss as soon as he turned his back the bullied dwarf screamed. “Die!”

 

An earthen spike erected from the ground and shot in an angle towards Rey’s minion. It was sudden no one could react, not even Rey his friend was impaled square on his chest. The minion groaned in pain, he looked down and saw a spike struck his body, he uttered a word. “B-boss…”

 

His final words before he died, his eyes shut, his head limped. The dwarf cackled, “you’re next Rey!”

 

The dwarf’s body was burning, a mark on his nape was visible and fiery red.

 

“S-shit boss that spuds killed him!” Rey’s other minion said.

 

“You bastard!” Another Rey’s minion howled.

 

Rey’s gang prepared for battle; they couldn’t forgive what that spud had done to their friend, and wanted revenge. But Rey stopped them and told them to run, as soon as the burning cloak started to swirl all over his body. There’s really something wrong with that guy.

 

His men hesitated to leave Rey alone with that damn addict, Rey did a battle stance, glanced at the back and nodded. His friends hissed, “Don’t die! I’ll call an adult!” one shouted as they ran.

 

Rey shook his head, he smiled. “Good riddance. I love loyalty.”

 

“You’re going to pay for killing my friend, you damn dirt.” Rey gripped his cubic staff.

 

“Mid Appraisal,” Rey used his gift to check his opponent before engaging.

 

“S-shit, what the fuck is that stats.” Rey aghast as he saw his abnormal stats.

 

[Dolgrim Golbolk]

[Age: 15]

[Disposition: -9999]

 

[Stats]

Level: 10

EXP: 0/1000

HP: 1350/1350

MP: 3420/3420

Sta: 1250/1250

 

[Job: ???]

Affiliation: ???.

 

[Attribute Points:0]

STR: 52

AGI: 53

Cons: 133

Endurance: 123

Wis: 30

Int: 80

 

[Magic] ???

[Abilities]???

[Skills]???

[Passives]???

 

“I think, I’m fucked. In Herana’s name I shouldn’t have acted cool!” He inhaled, and exhaled trying to calm himself.

 

The frenzied dwarf howled like a manticore, his voice rumbled the green dirt. Rey looked down and immediately leaped when the magic circle was visible to him. The ground broke as he was  in the midair before gravity pulled him to the ground.

 

The dwarf was still out for vengeance. He cast a stone bullet on him, he raised his arm pointing at him. A magic circle manifested on his hands before the stone bullet started to fire at Rey. 

 

It zoomed at incredible speed and force, Rey couldn’t dodge the attack as he was in midair he tried to block the stone bullet that was hurled at him with his own magic.

 

“Firebolt!” Rey shouted desperately.

 

The firebolt exploded as it made contact with the stone bullet, while the earth lance zoomed behind the smoke.

“Argh!” Rey screamed in pain as he got hit square on his stomach.

 

He rolled onto the ground, he groaned in agony. He lifted himself up and if he took long enough he would meet the same fate with his friend. Dead.

 

“I am a soldier, I can’t go down like this or my grandfather will laugh at me.” He murmured as he used his cubic staff as support.

 

The dwarf cackled as he saw Rey struggling, “with this power I could destroy this damned University if I want to!”

 

“You happy druggy? You’re already a spud and now a druggy. What a loser, what do you expect from a lesser race?” Rey smirked.

 

“I am not an addict!” He howled.

 

I need to catch my breath. Rey thought.

 

“This power was given to me! I never thought that I was not alone in my struggle, I’m sick of being pushed by humans!” Dwarf howled.

 

“You accepted some accursed power then you’re really a damn lesser being!” Rey frowned.

 

“No I am not! My people do not deserve to be treated like this! I do not deserve this! Our vengeance is nigh! Die!”

 

“That’s what a lesser race always says. Know your place, scum.” Rey hissed.

 

The ground echoed as the cursed dwarf roared as he zoomed towards Rey, lifting his fist punching Rey’s face. Rey couldn’t react on time, he was fast resulting in Rey getting thrown and swirled with the force of the punch.

 

The dwarf grabbed Rey’s blonde hair, he cackled. “Pathetic human.”

 

The dwarf grabbed Rey’s neck with both hands forcing Rey to head down, then followed up with knee strikes to his face. Rey put up a guard to his face in an effort to block the knee strikes, with the dwarf’s enhanced strength blocking was futile, it breakthrough and still hit his face.

 

Rey stumbled to the ground nosebleeding, he groaned, his vision doubled, blurred the burning pain on his face. He couldn’t believe that he was bodied by a freaking dwarf, he could hear the laugh of his grandfather saying ‘pathetic fool, get up.’

 

Rey gripped the dirt below, and threw the dirt on him. The dwarf grumbled the dirt got stuck in his eyes, he quickly tried to remove it as his vision cleared. He saw Rey opening his mouth, a magic circle manifested as a burst of flame blasted his face.

 

Rey used the chance to retake his staff as the dwarf staggered by his fire breath. Rey leaped and ran to his cubic staff. He immediately cast another magic when he got his weapon back. “Flame Strike!”

 

The ground manifested a magic circle below the dwarf, the ground heated up, and exploded after a second.

 

“Eat shit!” Rey smirked. While Rey’s burning cloak stopped swirling and dissipated into smoke, it reached the forty-five seconds mark.

He roared again, the dwarf cast boulder cannon behind the smoke in perfect accuracy. Rey smirk was replaced with shock as soon as he heard the boulder zooming in and became visible. His eyes widened, he shouldn’t have underestimated him.

 

“Boulder Cannon!” Roy shouted behind him, two boulders smashed each other.

Roy rushed towards Rey, “What the hell happened?!”

 

Roy scanned the area, he saw a boy that got impaled by a spike behind him. He immediately covered his mouth to control his puke. His intestine gushed out of his stomach.

 

“I knew it, all of you humans are the same!” Dolgrim grinned.

 

“You were there when Rey beat the shit out of me! You enjoyed it like all humans do! They love to watch when someone like me gets that treatment!” He howled.

 

“No! I didn’t!” Roy replied.

 

“Then why didn't you try to stop them!?” Dolgrim screamed.

 

“I-I… I tried b-but.” Roy gripped his fist.

 

“No, I shouldn’t blame someone… I’m sorry.” Roy felt guilty, he couldn’t think a single word to refute.

 

“You killed someone, I can’t let you get away with murder. It was a mistake not doing anything to stop the bullying, but killing someone is wrong.” Roy stared straight into his eyes.

 

“Humans.” Dolgrim hissed.

 

Roy conjured a full plate armor each plate spawned at the perspective spot, and drew his silver claymore. “I’ll take the front, you blast him. Here take it, thankfully combat class made me bring potions.” Roy said while he tossed a common healing potion to Rey.

 

“Be careful, he’s strong. I need time to recast my burning cloak and try to hold on.” Rey said as he drank the healing potion, it was a slightly sweet strawberry flavor.

 

Roy quickly shifted his head towards him, and nodded then turned his attention back to the dwarf. A stone bullet was fired, Roy parried it to the side. “Shit that was heavy. If my sword wasn’t a well-made one, that magic would break it.”

 

“I told you stupid cunt that he’s strong!” Rey shouted.

“Don’t try to block him, I tried and he beat the shit out of me!”

 

“Then what should I do!?” Roy replied.

 

“Fucking dodge you idiot!” Rey frowned.

 

“Got it, I’ll give you time.” Roy did a tail guard.

 

Roy dashed towards the dwarf, Roy casted earthen spike but without the sharp point instead, he used it to assist his mobility. Magic circle was constructed in advance, and as soon as he arrived at the spot the earth spike zoomed and sprung him towards the dwarf.

 

Roy striked horizontally towards his left, Dolgrim blocked his strike with his right hand. Roy then grabbed Dolgrim’s arm, and cast ignite Dolgrim bursted into flame.

 

“Arghhh, you fucker!” Dolgrim screamed in agony.

 

Roy kicked him away, as Dolgrim tried to grapple his left arm. As Dolgrim stumbled he whipped his hand as he cast earthen grasp. Roy reacted by leaping away, and barely missed the grasp.

 

“Come on, cooldown come on.” Rey stomped his feet.

 

Dolgrim dashed when he stumbled at the right time and used the momentum to propel himself to punch Roy on his face. The display of athleticism surprised both Roy and Rey. “How the f-.” before he completed his words, his head was punched, the helmet was dented and thrown a few metre away.

 

Roy groaned in pain, Dolgrim cackled seeing Roy struggled.

“They got some magic that kills them when they say something important, to prevent this I want you to cancel out this magic dosto.” Svetlana said in a serious tone.

 

“Got it, boss.” Dostoevsky replied.

 

“Ma’am we captured all of them!” A task force mage said.

 

The gatekeepers were tied up in chains connecting one another.

“What in Herana’s name is this?! You’re treating us like some criminals!” One of the gatekeepers screamed in protest.

 

“Do you think you can get away with this!? Release us immediately there’s a lot of witnesses when you drag us off!” 

 

“What the hell is this! Why is everyone tied up!? Remove it for Herana’s sake!” Svetlana howled in anger, she didn’t order this harassment.

 

“But I was told to capture them. Ma’am!” A task force mage said.

 

“No! Not like this, you could just ask them to follow and enact the code! Remove the damn chains now!” Svetlana howled.

 

“I’m sorry, this was a mistake. I order them to get you to ask some few questions regarding the security concerns of our University. I hope you forgive us for this harassment, I will punish the one who did it.” Svetlana bowed her head to apologize.

 

The gatekeepers murmured at each other then gazed at her for quite some time then accepted her apology. 

 

“Now, I’ll ask your consent to make use of our abilities and magic for questioning.” Svetlana said.

 

“After all that? No!” A gatekeeper frowned.

 

“Then I’m sorry, I’ll have to use my power as the head of the Security Council. I Svetlana, the current head of the Security task force invokes Security Act 6. Now I and the task force have the complete right to secure the university whatever it takes.” Svetlana raised her hand.

 

“You! You never intended to let us refuse!” The gatekeeper who rebelled shouted.

 

“I have a duty, and the authority to do so. Your concerns are not my problem. The safety of the students and the University is the priority.” She replied.

 

“I’ll warn you, don’t try to resist when we start questioning. Don’t try to cast magic.” Svetlana said in a threatening tone.

 

The eight gatekeepers lined up and they weren’t happy as they were treated that they did something wrong. They weren’t sure why they were interrogated like criminals, some were terrified, others protested, no one should be treated like this. One wanted to resist but it was better to cooperate as he was sure he didn’t do anything wrong.

 

“Doing whatever you want, fine, just get over with it.” The gatekeeper who hated Svetlana’s action frowned.

 

The cultist gatekeeper broke a lot of sweat, heartbeat raced, his eyes were erratic, he gulped. I’m going to be eliminated! The cultist screamed in his thoughts.

 

Siesta glared and gripped their shoulders one by one, the cultist and Siesta made eye contact. She smiled in a very wicked way, the cultist gasped. Mother! She knew! The cultist screamed again in his thoughts.

 

“Oi, Siesta! stop scaring them.” Cir said.

 

“But it’s hilarious seeing their scaredy cat face. Come on, I found most of them, at least let me do this.” Siesta giggled.

 

“Why is this committee full of weirdos?” He sighed.

 

“Tsk, but we found three of them. Right Cir? ” Bran said.

 

“I found four,” Siesta's smug face was seen.

 

“Second place, because of this slow partner.” Bran sighed.

 

“You should do lunges Cir to stay in shape, that would be a big step forward.” Bran said and gazed at Cir.

 

“What!? Since when this became a competition!? And that stupid pun! Arghhhh.” Cir screamed.

 

“Hahahaha,” Siesta laughed.

 

“Come on guys, take this seriously,” Dostoevsky giggled.

 

“That’s not even funny! You guys focus on the job!” Cir frowned.

 

“Oh shit, I think I’m going to choke, Cir talking about jobs.” Siesta tried to catch her breath.

 

“Fucking weirdos! I’m glad Svetlana is here the only person who-” Cir raised his hand in protest when he turned around he saw Svetlana containing her laughter.

 

He slapped his own face after, and took his word back.

 

“Fucking children,” one of the gatekeeper hissed quietly.

4