Chapter 1 – Well that was unexpected
233 8 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Eli, and I love video games, all kinds of video games, but the one that I love the most are RPG's. 

Recently however, I have struggled to find an RPG to play. I've played all the classics, all the modern hits, and now it seems that I have played all the good ones.

So you can imagine my surprise when I see an ad pop up for a brand new RPG, I clicked on the website and the trailer blew me away. It appeared to be exactly what I was looking for, the graphics were beautiful, the animations slick, and most of all, a turn-based battle system.

Since it was only $20, I decided to order it. I know that it could have been a scam, but I was so desperate for a new game I was willing to just buy it.

That was 3 days ago, the package is supposed to be delivered today. Right now I am sitting by my window, almost dying in anticipation.

Just then a delivery truck comes down the street, I pop out of my seat and sprint to the door. I wait for just the moment that the delivery truck stops at my house and open the door to run out.

Yes! Finally I'll be able to play!

I don't even care that I am in my pajamas, I run up the delivery man before he steps onto my lawn and grab the package out of his hands. "Thanks Mister!" I sprint into the house to unbox the package.

I lay it down on my kitchen table and grab some scissors. I cut open the box.

What's this? It comes with it's own console to play it on? And for only 20$? That's a crazy good deal!

It doesn't come in a box, just console and disk.

I grab it and sprint to the T.V. in my room to hook it up. After around 5 minutes of struggling (Real gamers will know my pain) I manage to plug in all the necessary cords and boot up the console.

INSERT DISK. 

I'm getting so excited! I insert the disk and the screen goes to white.

Wow. The screen is getting really, really white.

That's when I realized, it's not the screen that's getting white, it's my whole vision! I desperately look around, but everything is fading to white! I try blinking repeatedly but nothing has changed.

Eventually everything goes white, and not only do I lose my vision, but I also lose all my other senses, until I am just floating in a pure white space. Am I still in my house? Or did I get transported to wherever this place is? 

Create Character

Huh? What is this screen in front of my face? And why is there a person standing in it? That's when I realize that this is just like my RPGs, I am creating my character.

Oh boy. I've really gone crazy haven't I, I've been so RPG deprived that I'm seeing illusions of game menu's while I'm in the real world. Or wherever I am.

Well the menu doesn't seem to be going away, so I might as well play along. I tap on the arrows to select my characters appearance, I decide to go with a dark haired teenager and click accept.

Character Created, stats randomized.

Stats? Wow, whoever is working my brain today must be having some fun. 

Create Save?

Yes/No

Guess I'm doing this huh? Oh, well too late to go back now. I click Yes and my vision fades black.

 

When I wake up I am completely confused with my surroundings. Am I... in a home of sorts? 

Just then an old man walks into my room. Based on his clothes I can only guess that he is cosplaying as a wizard? 

In a old man voice he speaks to me, "Hero! A grave danger is beginning to plague this world! You must save us all!"

Hero? Wait a minute, I recognize those lines. They were said in the trailer of the RPG that I was about to play. Is this dude also a fan? Wait a minute, where am I? Did this guy kidnap me for some sick roleplay?

I try to get some answers, "Hey! Who are you? And why did you take me?" 

He looks at me, "I am the old wizard Merlin, I didn't take you anywhere. This is the house that you have been living in for the past 16 years."

What? No it hasn't! 

He continues, "Hero! You are currently in the small town of Loninia! Head to the capital city of Alzheim and speak to the king!"

I look at him blankly, what the hell is he talking about.

"Hero! I must get going! But I wish you the utmost luck in your journey!" He then heads out the door quickly.

I stare at the door that he walked out of. What the heck was that? Jeez, I better get out here.

I step off the bed and start walking towards the door. I spot a chest on the floor and walk over to it. I open it and the same screen that I saw earlier popped up again.

Received Basic Sword

Received Basic Armor

Received 20 Gold

Say "Menu" to check further details

What the heck? Am I still in that RPG dream?

I'm about to say menu when I look up from the chest and spot a mirror! I Instantly look around, because instead of seeing myself, in the mirror, I see a young teenager, probably around 16 with black hair... wait a minute. That's my character I made earlier! Wait this is all to real for a dream! Did I get sucked into the game I bought? 

Well this certainly isn't what I expected. But I suppose it'll be better than my past life.

 

 

 

 

 

1