Chapter 4 Light Brothers
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 Light Brothers

 

 

Grim and Creed ride their horses back to the kingdom of Lions Pride after taking down all the corrupt leaders of Raven's Peak and putting them under arrest. While they do work with the king of Lions Pride their real boss is the gods where they have to go to Mount Olympus to ask for their next task. Every month they are given their tasks by different gods who basically use them as errand boys.

When reaching Lions Pride there was a huge celebration for them for helping strengthen the alliance with Raven's Peak. Grim gladly attended but Creed reluctantly accepted it only because he was forced by a certain someone to attend. They both got ready and dressed up in their fanciest clothes and went to the feast.

Creed had one power that makes it almost impossible to be surprise attacked, it's a magic skill called detection towards ill will. It's a combination of detection magic where he can detect his surroundings and then add anti- evil magic to feel out whether the people want to do harm to people or not.

Grim said quietly to Creed before walking into a mosh pit of royalty: “Go and sniff out any generals that want to use us as puppets."

Creed stared with daggers for eyes: "I am not a dog, and I was already doing that."

Creed walked away trying to hide in the shadows while Grim puts on an 'I am really glad I got to meet you' face. Two hours later the king came to the party to give his respects and greetings to everyone, Creed in the shadows took out an archer who was aiming at the king with a needle.

Then interrogated him with terror magic which makes you see your worst nightmares(it was made by a mage who experimented on beast people). After about 2 minutes he broke.

The assassin: “Please no more! I will tell you everything! J-just kill me or I am dead either way! One of the corrupted nobles got away when you took down all of the corrupt leaders of Raven's Peak. His name is James Rowen. Now please kill me or I will suffer more than just a quick and easy death!"

Creed gets on his feet and starts to walk away: “Sorry but killing is not my thing. I will find who the corrupt noble is and I will send guards to come get you.”

The archer tied up to a railing on the stairs tries getting away, he screams a pleading cry: “Kill me!!”

A little bit earlier, Grim was enjoying himself when he saw a noble spiked a drink in the corner of his eye and then hurried away like a rat in the streets. Grim with a smirk walks towards the waiter holding the spiked drink and swipes it, he starts shuffling toward the noble that did the deed.

Grim bows quickly: “Hello my name is Grim, one of the Light brothers, and your name is?”

The noble grew fear in his eyes, answering hastily almost like he is trying to flee, his eyes darted around: “Um my name is James Rowen nice to finally meet you but excuse me I have to use the gentlemen's room."

Grim nods his head and says: “oh please do, don't let me hold you."

James walks away at almost a jogging speed looking over his shoulder every few seconds. Grim activates a message spell letting him talk to Creed telling him.

Grim: “Hey Creed, there is a noble in the bathroom named James Rowen and I have a drink that was most likely going to the king."

While he was talking he emptied the spiked drink into the bushes it melted the leaves similar to acid-melting bone.

Creed replied: “Alright, I got an archer here, guards are on their way to take him in, also, it was aimed at the king but you already knew that. Okay, I will take care of him so you can enjoy the rest of your party, Creed out."

Grim smirks and walks back to the party. Creed ended the message spell, he jumped off the stunning palace that looks like a giant jewel and has great details down to the very edges of the palace. After landing safely Creed took out a silver liquidity potion that looks like it shouldn't be consumed. Creed drank it without hesitation and started disappearing, it was an invisibility potion that lasted an hour and a half.

James Rowen who was now scared to be caught went into the bathroom because if he didn't he would think they were catching on. After regaining his sanity he tried to leave but the door wasn't budging.

Creed: “Hello, James Rowen I am Creed, one of the Light brothers. It will be my pleasure to be taking you in."

James pulls out a knife laced with poison, he barks out: “Like hell I will, I rather die than be imprisoned by this stupid kingdom.”

Creed with a stone face responds: “Hell is where my brother's father lives and even there he will find you disgusting. I really don't know why you would choose death but that's not an option.”

Creed pulls out a capsule then goes to the sink and wets it, he proceeds to flick the capsule at James. It hits his chest and engulfs him in the capsule.

Creed let out his breath that he was holding in: “Good, I thought that wouldn't work, especially because it's a prototype.”

After Grim tells the king what happened at the party he and Creed are summoned to his throne room where they wait for the king. When the king arrived and sat on his throne he asked.

King “And who was the mastermind behind this."

Creed gets up from his kneeling position and heats up the capsule then throws the capsule containing James Rowen on the floor spitting out James.

Creed, in a timely matter: "This is James Rowen the last of the corrupt nobles of Raven's Peak and now we really need to go because someone forgot that we have to go to Mount Olympus so excuse us."

As they leave the throne room the king thanks them.

0