Prologue- I died and live again!
2.2k 12 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the summer vacation in July 2022, at the hottest time of the year, an animated film was released under the spotlight. It wasn't a prolific animation team, Nor was it some great Director we have ever heard of, However, a masterpiece was often created in this place, even in this context, no one dared to despise this animation film.

Alex Kenichi the son of the famous prodigy mangaka sensei that created "Kyoto Ghoul" posted a new trailer and caused an uproar.

When everyone saw the promo for the movie! Everyone was shocked! The combination of hand-painted and board-painted, the skillful use of light and dark contrast, especially the art style-The natural simplicity of the town, and the life of the people in the town are as natural as ink paintings, using gorgeous colors with an abrupt and greasy setting, it gives people a refreshing feeling!

For viewers who have watched the trailer, Simply beautiful! For others, it was the start of the many animation previews that will release starting today. Alex Kenichi, Ceo of Funnymation, the mixed media conglomerate that owned multiple media businesses in Japan only started a year ago. This meteoric rise is unprecedented, nobody knew the origin story of how he rise to the top, but it all started with one Manga called “Kyoto Ghoul” and now he is here. The world is watching.

"Alex! a moment of your time!"

An Interviewer, Deshawn from ATV American ACG channel asked,

"What's it like to be a successful Mangaka that debuted less than a year? what's your secret?"

Alex just said,

"My secret is..."

He positively smile and wrote something on the notepad that Deshawn was holding, the words that he wrote were S-Y-S-T-E-M.

“Eh?”

Deshawn couldn’t understand what that mean. Nobody could. What does “system” means? Alex here simply walked away and entered the Cineplex, It was Sapporo’s premier night for the Kodansha Movie award, and yet far more people gathered here in this place to see the preview of his movie.

But that’s another story. To understand this, one simply needs to go back to a year ago, a year when nobody knew who Alex was, his rise to stardom in the industry starts in June 2021, nobody expected an 18-year-old high school kid would rise to create a Mix Media Empire here in Japan, no one except him.

...........

Present time- Earth-Prime June 4th, 2021

In the dark of the night, it was already three in the morning. The lights were dimmed down, with only one room lit.

On the walls hung all sorts of wallpapers from several animes. The famous ‘Suzumiya Babuhi’ was placed on the bookshelf of the room.

‘No Game, No Lyfe’, ‘The Pet Girl of Papayatree’, ‘Samurai Slamploo’ and all the other kinds of light novels filled the bookshelves, alongside various valuables. Even the mouse pad...was an unspeakable shape of an ‘Oppai’ pad?

A thirty-year-old man stared at the posters from his bed. He had just finished his work and was tired from the grind of his recent project. It was a huge success! He couldn't sleep.

“I haven’t slept for three days straight!”

He was determined to complete all his saved-up anime in these four months! so he watched anime for 6 hours straight after the convention was over. It was a hectic day as always but today was especially good as he won his first Award, his first series is about to be published tomorrow, He's excited! finally the recognition he deserves!

He hasn't even eaten a single thing since he got back, his focus was glued on his project that he even forget to consume his beloved anime, and even dinner. Of course, anime is more important to Alex, a man-baby who grew up with anime and art, to him art is more important than dinner... until it's 3 am and he's friggin hungry.

After lamenting the state of his single apartment and the lack of any food in the fridge he went back out and walked towards the nearest convenience store to buy himself some food, late-night supper. Late morning supper?? whatever, it's food for his anime binge-watch.

But before he could walk, he saw a girl crossing the road trying to catch up to her mother, "Excuse me? ma'am? why aren't you holding on to your daughter when crossing the road? is something wrong with you?! and why is a young girl like that out in the wee hours of the morning?! she's supposed to be in bed!!"

"Wait! watch out!!"

before Alex could continue his inner monologue a truck was coming, he saw the truck, there wasn't any time!  Alex jumped in and push the girl away. the girl lived! but he was splattered and that's it. The end. The famous Alex Walker self-proclaimed lord of otaku, Fan of all things oppai and big, at age 32, a prodigious Marbel Comic animator and Editor is dead, trying to save a little girl, a little girl who doesn't have anything to do with him. 

 

..........

Sapporo Japan - June 4th, 2021

" ugh..what the fuck.."

The sharp cries of a squeaky cute voice slowly registered in his consciousness. He slowly opened his eyes and found a little girl crying on the ground, and a little boy was pushing her.

‘Huh? What exactly is going on?’

Alex sat up slowly and shook his head hard, trying to wake himself up.

“Hey! Big Brother!”

The girl whimpered and stopped crying. With short little legs, she jumped up and him The little girl held his arm tightly Alex was suddenly hit by a sudden headache. Everything in the room seemed to spin but ten seconds later, he suddenly understood everything!

’Oh, I'm still alive? is this an "isekai" world?!’

In his memory, Alex Walker was now in the body of a person named Alex Kenichi, and this person was just a stupid high school hikikomori who almost get expelled for bad grades if he didn't attend class tomorrow before the summer break starts!! holy crap!

" Guh, what a loser"

The Kenichi Family. He was the eldest son of Hiro Kenichi, the status of his father is deceased. Died in a car accident last year. Kenichi injured his right hand during the accident a year ago when his father died and blamed himself ever since, The kid has low self-esteem and doesn't have any friends. Apparently, there are some vague memories about his Father being some bigshot mangaka artist. Some bigshot he is, the room he's staying in is pretty small, then again..this is Japan. Small room, expensive prices.

Since the incident, he was basically transformed into a hikikomori and eventually even skip school and stay home exclusively. it's been this way for the past 2 months. he's about to be expelled if he doesn't appear tomorrow at school. Alex Kenichi still lives with his mother and little sister. His Mother is Katherine with a K, comes from Texas in the United States, hell yes, Murica mom! Yeehaw! okay, screw the stereotypes. She doesn't talk like that. not from this guy's memory. As for his sister? Yukari Kenichi is the only one in the family right now who still has a traditional Japanese family name, unlike me. I got Alex bitches, still, Alex! gotta love mommy K for the name. Murica! yeah!

okay, enough of the Murica crap. He's here in Japan! Sapporo baby! wait, the brain is still downloading this Alex Kenichi guy's memory, there's still some data lag. where the heck is Sapporo anyway? He wasn't very good in the study of Geography, oh screw it, Alex thought that he will eventually remember everything once he inherit the current Alex Kenichi's memory. After his father's death, his current mom is forced to support her two children by working two jobs. He could only support himself by working online doing some commission for various odd jobs.

Right now, right in front of him was his little sister Yukari Kenichi, a 12-year-old currently crying because her big brother was supposedly dead. This dumbass tried to kill himself by tying a noose on the ceiling fan, "As that would ever work! wait, it' actually did since he's here right now. Technically, the current Alex Kenichi is already dead and I'm basically borrowing his body..." Thought Alex to himself, he finally settled down and sat down quietly looking at the little girl.

Her big eyes were watery and ready to burst. Her small ponytail was resting on her left shoulder and around her soft face which made people want to pinch her. She was very cute, But instinctively Alex could feel that she was hiding her emotions quite well. 

“Onichan! drink some water!”

The little girl was very good at pouring a glass of water for her big brother. He checked himself out, was a little thin, his face was not as round as his sister’s, but his eyes were sharp and handsome,

  This new Alex is pretty hot, not gonna lie, I dig this metro Asian look he's got, but it seems his heart rate doesn't seem to be that good, he has trouble breathing, and he's super skinny sure, all bones and no meat, but he's too pretty to be called a boy at this rate. Sheesh, I need to put in some muscle on this dude. A kid got no right to be looking that thin. Nice blonde hair I've got tho, really shiny.

“Thanks for the water Yukari, I needed that. ”

My thoughts were jumbled. I knew that the memories I've received now belonged to the previous Alex, It's not what I expected, there's a lot of emotional baggage I'm not used to, and I'm a grown-ass adult from another world. This kid got his problems too huh? He thought to himself, Alex wondered if he would inherit all of his emotional weaknesses as well, something he will find out sooner than later.

" It's okay, I'm fine now"

The little girl looked at me sleepily then nodded and went back to sleep. I guess the previous Alex wasn't so subtle about choking himself to death. Still, I'm glad the girl wasn't traumatized if he ended up dead. "I guess the previous Alex did die and I came into this body and possess him and his memories. I don't know how to feel about that. I'm basically an adult man now stuck in a kid's body." Alex wondered as he look upon his newfound body.

Although his mind was still in a mess, He prioritized his little sister and ask her to just ignore me and go to bed, It's usually how he acted anyway, With a coercive mood, He sat at his desk and sorted out his thoughts, these unfaithful thoughts that don't belong to him, thoughts of committing suicide due to depression and anxiety, thoughts of being bullied in school, thoughts of his peers looking down on him, everything was bottled up into a powderkeg waiting to blow up.

Firstly, Alex pinched his thighs to check if he was still dreaming.

‘Ouch! That fucking hurts! So it wasn’t a dream.’

“Okay! Think about it! I remember, I saved some kid and get splattered by Truck-kun and now I'm here"

. Then I fell into this parallel world. In this world, some things are similar but different. take for example in this world, World War 2 never ended in 1945 but ended in 1988, Technically the year I was born. So there's a lot of late technology not invented even in this world, as human progress was set back 40 years. it might look like 2021 out there but from the looks of it, it's no different than the late 2000's here. Some of the technology tried to keep up, but certain aspects of society have fallen, the best games they've got is some stupid SNES model rip off from China, it's not even a proper bootleg version, it was the shitty Atari version, and the same things happened back then happened right now. The gaming market was practically nonexistent. The only media that propagate here in japan is the anime and manga industry. 

Alex pondered for a moment as to why he came to this world but he couldn't think of any," Just because I saved that girl? wait..that girl? doesn't she look like Yukari? Nah, it isn't a coincidence, is it? anyway, in my past life I was an orphan, made my own rules climb up on my own, and achieved my own thing, through artwork and many bloodsheds, I was a street gang hoodlum, I wasn't proud of it but I got out of that life and carve myself a living with my own art. I had a good mentor." but he isn't here. And Alex is not a kid anymore.

In this world, his right arm is injured, He tried to move it around but it doesn't work, the motor reflex is not as good as he thought it would be, Thankfully he's ambidextrous. And right now?

"Guess I'm a southpaw huh?, a left-handed artist, It's been a while since I've last practiced on my left hand and this new body will take some time to get used to it. Not to mention that this family is in critical condition",

The walls look damp in this single-room apartment. He knew that Japanese houses were small but this is ridiculous, how does someone live in this place? it's super cramped! He looked at his younger sister as she drifted into sleep, and look at the time, it was 11.00 pm. His mother is not here. probably still working. Somehow they hit him a lot worse, he felt a pang of sadness from within.

“No! I will not stand for this! I have to support my family at any cost! These people are my family now.”

Alex decided to stand up, but his condition was too bad, so just after shouting, he felt a bit dizzy.

"Damn this weak body of mine. The guy doesn't exercise, does he?"

‘The question is, how does one find more money? In his past life, He was a cartoonist and a successful editor himself, a really good one as well one of the best. he did great on his SAT's and in this world, He only knows how to draw his brand of art. If he could hold the pen then even he can live a well-off life by copying some of the famous comics from his previous life. The only problem is the hand!

"Will becoming a leftie, be tough for me now?’‘Stop! I can’t use my left hand right away! Shouldn’t I get a system of some sort? Haven’t I reincarnated in another world? Where is my system? I want my cheat now! Nah, there's no such thing as a cheat. Then again...there's no such thing as Isekai either"

So just maybe, there is a cheat? Alex could not think straight at this moment, too many perplexing questions muddled his mind right now. suddenly, a stream of current flowed into his mind and a voice rang in his mind. A UI prompt appears out of thin air in front of him.

 

“The system is rebooting…
The system has started…
The host has been tested for adaptability…
Adaptability is good…
Would you like to bind the system to the user’s soul?”

God damn it! There is a system! Yes!

Alex immediately stood up and felt dizzy again. Fuck this weak body of his!

“Calm down. No! don’t get too excited, stay calm.”

Alex slowed down his breathing and sat down slowly. His tone was very calm but his heart was full of excitement as he said those two magical words,

“Bind it! ”

“The system has received the command,

‘Manga System’ binding.”

’What! Manga System? Is this related to what I do before? cuz I just submitted my comic to Marbel? What else do I need for this system?’
Waiting for the system to spit out a reply, an electronic tone sounded again:

 

“To give the current user a better state of mind

and reflect the values of the system According to the Akashic Record

the works in the host’s mind will be locked within ten seconds

and will be distributed in the form of rewards in 10...9... 8......”

 

" WAIT HOLD UP?!"

I thought that I was gonna get a fake ass system. ‘What is going on with this system? You're locking my own experience in my previous world as my rewards?! what gives?!

“5...4...3...”

“Wait! I want to unbind!”

Alex yelled in his heart! he wanted the damn system to stop!

“Unable to unbind... 1...0... The Manga works are locked,

The system hopes that the user will

create a better Manga in the future of this world.”

“MOTHERFUCKER! YOU SON OF A BITCH SYSTEM!”

A roaring shout was expelled from his mind towards the invading system, but still to no avail. After that, all the works that Alex saw in his previous life were locked, but there was a note left in the system UI that suddenly appear before him

“The host has received a novice gift package

that has not been opened yet

Would you like to accept the gift?”

Eh? Did I get a free gift?

What works would you like to see in the future?
  • Naruto Votes: 30 33.7%
  • Bleach Votes: 16 18.0%
  • My hero Academia Votes: 13 14.6%
  • tokyo ghoul Votes: 29 32.6%
  • type in comment section- Votes: 1 1.1%
Total voters: 89
31