Chapter 8 – The Manuscript
754 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was in the afternoon, She called earlier to make plans to visit him in the afternoon to check on his manuscript. Summer holiday is starting and Yukari is still sleeping through the afternoon, later Ueno said she will come and visit to cook lunch as usual. It was right then that Aya Gozen arrived in front of his rented apartment house.

"ding dong* the bell rang

"excuse me, Mr. Alex, may I come in?"

She's here, that Iceberg Editor Aya Gozen wore a rather slim fitted female suit was standing before his small little apartment. How does she even know where he lives? He remembered that He has only given her his number. Alex wondered what else does this woman know about him? Talented and capable people are scary. He knew a few editors like that in the past. Deadly premonitions, let's call it that, Why does he have a bad feeling about this?

"Editor-in-chief, I'm really sorry, but how did you get here?"

Alex's sister simply peeps from the side as he greets her from the front door. she's wearing a pink panda hoody and some comfy shorts. her little head nodded sideways as she sees someone new for the first time.

" Ueno-san?"

That Icy woman melted instantly at the cuteness of his sister and she screamed the words

"Kawaii!"

After seeing Alex's sister for the first time, she couldn't help but call out that cute word accidentally. She couldn't help covering her mouth and looking at the little girl with her eyes shaking. If it wasn't for Alex's presence right now she couldn't restrain herself from going up and hugging the little girl. 

"Uhh yeah, hey Yukari, meet my Editor in Chief, Aya Gozen, come and say hi"

"You're pretty," Yukari said bluntly, her soft tone gave Aya Gozen an extremely kawaii blow right in the Kokoro, it was rather too lovely for her. Aya Gozen simply wants to eat her up. She can't take it! At this moment, Aya couldn't bear it any longer, she went up and hugged the girl disregarding her brother, and simply went inside of the house to grab the little sister.

Before Yukari could react, she was kissed and hugged immediately by Aya. Alex could only stare at what just happened right now as some sort of hidden truth. that Iceberg queen of an editor has a soft spot for cute things. Thankfully his sister doesn't seem to mind it and she even petted her head like a big animal. But really, is this the real Aya Gozen? he was rather surprised that she breaks character after meeting him a few times. To be honest, he felt rather comfortable like this.

Alex doesn't mind Aya's enthusiasm, he was rather glad to see this side of her, which means that she is a much more reasonable person than he thought she would be, this world makes a lot of his work as an artist much easier if he is to sign under her management.

If he does indeed sign a contract with Satelight, he would want to work under her management. it would certainly make a lot of things far easier. This is a pleasant surprise. Alex who was beside her all this time could only shake his head in confusion, he was simply stunned! He didn't expect that the cold and venomous tongue of Aya Gozen, that Iceberg Queen would actually like children so much! The image at this time is completely different from her usual appearance!

"Hey, big sister, what's your relationship with my big brother?"

"Me? Maybe your brother's future Editor or his boss?" said Aya innocently.

"Cool! Is my brother gonna be super famous?" said Yukari with her eyes sparkling so innocently

"Okay, that's enough question, for now, I'll explain it later Yukari, be a good girl and just go watch some television, it's the summer holiday, just take it easy for today, your brother has to work now"

"Boo, Oni-chan is no fun"

She reluctantly left and went to the sofa in the living room and turn on the tv, Her mother isn't back yet still working.

After hugging Yukari all this time Aya Gozen just realize that Alex had been looking at her all this time, a little blush flew across her fair face for a moment. Alex could simply smile coyly at her. Alex thought to himself, Who's the adult in the room now? this was rather cute to him, how this dear elder sister type of a woman became so docile in front of his sister.

"Cough cough cough..."

she coughed a few times with a blushing face, and returned to her usual cold tone, She reverted back to the serious calculating, and cold Aya Gozen, her Persona is all masked by her current personality, Alex simply smile wryly at her attempt of covering her face, being an adult can be annoying, it is why he doesn't bother to keep up with appearances, living a carefree life is still the best.

"Alex-sensei, please let me see your manuscript. "

Alex simply nodded and took out the manuscript in his room, his current little room is also his working studio.

"Call me Alex, just drop the Sensei part"

She was right, he really did a one-shot for the "My World" in ten days, she wanted the cover art to be completed but didn't expect that the changes he made were a full Oneshot for the upcoming shonen jump summer Tankabon for "My World" the kid who learned the same art strokes as Tochigi sensei, his father, and her Idol. Now, this new Idol of hers made his first comic. And she was the first one to see it! she was the first to actually review it and read it here!  In her heart, unparalleled happiness filled as she understood what it meant.

"Editor-in-chief?"

Alex noticed that the Iceberg Queen was in a daze when he handed her his manuscript, wondering what was going on in that silly head of hers. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, then I'll take a look at Mr. Alex's manuscript right now!"

The sound of the manuscript as the pages pass over to the next page is very pleasant, but for Alex Kenichi, this is a very strange feeling, especially for him who is still 18 years right now, this feeling is even more strange! For some reason, he finds this woman extremely captivating. She was the first woman who read your first manga in this world. She hasn't even shown this to Ueno, how could he? it's NSFW! even if she's an Editor, he had a lingering strange feeling in his stomach. Is this what it feels like when you're giving your first time to a beautiful girl?

He cannot explain it, Just imagine! You drew a manga all by yourself, and then show it to a lass with a beautiful face, and this girl right now is still looking at your manga in front of you, no matter how you say it, the book is 100% NSFW and there isn't a single blush on her face, would you feel strange?  it will make people feel very ashamed! Not to mention she shares the same interest and holds the same position as your previous life, both of you were Editors before, there are a lot of things in common...his mind is in a mess.

But for Aya Gozen right now it's all just business as usual, the NSFW part didn't matter. Her excitement of being the first reader has completely overwhelmed the shame in her heart, she simply loves it, every single rough scene in it. the sex the moaning and the sharp brush strokes, The content of the complete book is rough that after the male protagonist and the female protagonist entered the cave because the female protagonist was injured, the male protagonist undressed the female protagonist and healed her injuries. As a result, various indescribable things happened, sexy things naturally ensue in a cave, it was done quite exquisitely.

The entry point of the book is very good, and the various postures of the male protagonist and the female protagonist are also very novel! Aya wondered where he learned these poses? now that she thought about it, He's just a high school kid, did he memorize the whole porn library to draw like this? She didn't think it too much and just accredited this to his genius sensibilities.Looking at it properly, Aya's face gradually flushed, which made Alex's face even more embarrassed.

Unlike her, What was going through Alex's mind was different, his artwork process was simple, He already submitted many Hentai back in his old world to a website called FACKU back in his world, He didn't think that part of culture would help him in this world since Western Media is often censored, Japan is pretty lax with the Censorship part but stuff like NTR and child pornography are very much frown upon. Seeing Aya trying to hide her embarrassment is making him even more embarrassed, he needed to get out of the room, it's getting too hot in here.

"L-let me get you a glass of water! just wait!"

Alex wanted to get away from this woman, he said that and ran away from being near her, but it seems Aya doesn't seem to hear what he said, she was too engrossed in the one-shot manga. This manga is excellent both in terms of edibility and the quality of the original Artwork. In terms of the initial lines of the characters, Alex uses broad brushstrokes and 2B pencils for the sketching, and some F special pencils have also been used as embellishment.

Not only the G nib Tachigawa brand pen, which is difficult to grasp, this Alex actually uses that for sketching, but also a brush that even ordinary professional Manga Illustrators dare not use like that! As you must know, the brush is generally used to color a large area, because the brush has a wide area of white paper, most use it for that, but this guy uses the pen brush as an outline! If you don't have enough skill and self-confidence, just one small mistake can ruin an entire drawing! Even white ink is powerless to rectify the mistake!

The quality of the remaining 27 Illustrations is very high. If this quality is only used for drawing manga, it is a waste! but! These drawings also revealed the problems that Aya has been worried about! That's his hand injury There were too many traces of white ink used in the 30 drafts he gave her, especially during the sketching period, the number of white ink used in each drawing is not less than 30 times!

This is not caused by a lack of skill! But the burden on his right hand is too heavy, the strain on his right hand is probably very painful.

With Mr. Alex's current injury, can he make it as a proper mangaka Artist? She can't determine the outcome. It will all be up to his willpower. What if his hand had gotten worse and regressed even further? She can't take that chance. Aya Gozen put down the illustration and fell into deep thought again, she was really truly worried about the boy.

"How is it? Is the quality still passable?"

Not long after she put down the drawing,  Alex walked in with a glass of water, Aya took the glass gratefully and put it to the side, Her eyes shows tremendous pressure, she seems very focused and serious at the moment that even Alex started to sit down immediately, he feels like there's something she needed to get out of her chest.

"Be honest with me Alex, how long can you continue to work at most?"

Aya didn't force him this time, She wanted to ask his honest opinion, and if possible workaround his schedule if it's feasible. She's concerned about his health but at the same time, she wanted this talent to grow. She needed to know his limits.

"I can last for an hour, after an hour, the hand will start to hurt," Alex said easily, He doesn't seem to care about his hand injury as if he was used to it. Aya didn't like that one bit.

"Are you serious about being an artist in this industry? Did you want to go pro with this? "

Aya asked and said it with a cold expression, but she was extremely apprehensive about her heart.

"Yes."

"Then, I'm sorry, I have to ask you to give this up!"

It was very difficult! But she had to say it. Alex simply smiled brightly at her and knew what she was worried about. If his hand injury didn't get any better, he would not try to pursue this, but he has a system! a cheat! Not only can his hand injury be restored, but he could still have several series of comics to draw in his mind! So many works in his previous world he needed to share with this world! the wonders of many Masterful artworks!

Moreover! he has a family to take care of right now. His mother and his sister. He cannot afford to not do this. and after watching and observing the elitism surrounding Kameda and his scorn towards his father and him, the 32-year-old strong soul in this 18-year-old body is also very irritated! he wanted payback for that! he needed to prove to people like them that his father's art wasn't dead yet! his art isn't inferior in this industry! There is beauty in nontraditional Manga artform.

"Editor-in-chief Aya, may I call you Aya? you haven't answered my question yet, can my manuscript pass the preliminaries?"

Alex put the teacup with warm water in her hand and leaned against the table by himself.

"You may."

Aya Gozen said those words with great difficulty, biting her red lips as if it wasn't unfair. He is a bright 18-year-old kid, why does he have to suffer this indignation with his hand injury? life can sometimes be unfair.

"Thank you, it's getting late. If you don't mind, let's have lunch here. My neighbor is a great cook you know? she's rather good at it"

"Cooking? Neighbors? A Girl?"

For a while,  She was caught off-guard. all she could think of was who this girl was and forgotten all about the matter with the script. Girl? what girl? a cooking master girl? Why does the mention of this girl make her feel so agitated somehow?

"Wait, what girl? your neighbor? she cooks for you? every single day?"

Alex seems to feel something odd is going on, is that agitation he's feeling coming off from her?

"Yees? maybe? uhh...why?"

*knock knock*

"Alex! I'm here! I'm cooking lunch now you can come out okay! Alex? Alex?? why aren't you answering?"

Ueno san just enters his room and found out that I was sitting side by side together with another woman. Her happy joyful face turned blank so suddenly, as the words come out of her mouth saying

" Who are you? why are you sitting on Alex's bed?"

Alex's stomach started to churn, he knew that bad feeling he had earlier? it was probably this.

21