Chapter 18 – Kyoto Ghoul is trending
675 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aya Gozen tried to promote Alex's works in the editorial chatgroup from the various platforms, from Dickscords to Twatter, and other major social software platforms. Everyone knew earlier that Aya Gozen was a famous Ilustrator since junior high school! the most important is! She is also very beautiful. There are over 1800 000 people following her from all around the world on her social media platform, as she works as a competent editor, book reviewer, and a genius Ilustrator in her own right.

From JAMP magazine to Godansha books! Even after graduating from college, she rarely does anything anymore, but every time she publishes or posted something,  the online otaku world will be shocked! Especially after she became the editor-in-chief of Satelight Company, her vicious tongue not only did not lose her any fans but it made more people feel a different kind of feeling many people deliberately submit their own drawings, not to pass the draft... but to be scolded by her. Aya Hardly posted anything, but today she decided to post something.

Twatter Post timeline-

"I saw a really good manga at the JAMP Portal. everyone can go and see it. I posted the link below"

her tone was cold and only a single URL was posted on her social media

"Wait, Aya Gozen sensei actually endorsing someone?!"

"Editor Aya! step on me!"

"What's new on the JAMP Portal?"

"Sensei!, stop advertising for that guy!! vote for my comic instead!"

"HEY! you! don't be so shameless to the goddess!!"

In the originally lively fan group, the post suddenly exploded.

"Aya Sensei! when will you post your next illustration! will you take any more commissions?"

"When will your next new novel comes out?"

"Miss Aya! Can you scold me? Just one sentence is fine!"

People chattering on the social media sphere--

Whenever she sees how enthusiastic her fan base is, Aya has a soft heart for her die-hard fans, but no matter how happy she is, her external performance will always be so cold. This is not what she did on purpose. Many times, she also thought about treating other people well, but after she made up her mind and tried to talk to others, she often reverted to the appearance of an iceberg beauty... She just can't help it.

"Stop talking nonsense! Go and see!" she typed one more time and posted the link again.

But it was quickly overwhelmed by various news...

"Wait! Sensei! I'll click okay! don't be mad! ( no please be mad, and step on me!)!"

"Oh? I think I saw this one earlier It's turning up to rank 16!"

The group suddenly responded in various ways, and they all said that they seemed to have seen it too.

(The administrator has turned on the mute mode)

 

It was the first time every one of her fans saw her endorsing someone else so openly, so many fans clicked the link to the page. Most of her fans are a curious bunch and click it to take a look. Some of her fans think she was desperate for money and needed to advertise? So her fans wanted to help out and click the link, If the advertising effect is not good, then Miss Aya will get less paid performance and earn less, and then Miss Aya sensei will be in a foul mood, then she won't write her next novel and Draw ever again? better click it and see what it is.

However, these people are only in the mood to take a look at it and plan to leave after a few clicks. As for the recommendation ticket, forget it. After all, they still have other works to support.

Moreover, the Manga Awards are almost over. Who cares what happens to the other manga posted? The top 10 was already set in stone. Some people thought that this advertisement is a rich second-generation contributor who has poor grades, so they asked Aya Sensei to endorse them for the advertisement.

But asking for a vote? that's just impossible.

But the first moment they saw the cover! All eyes were straight glued towards the Cover. A domineering white-haired and beautiful black-haired man! The words "Kyoto Ghoul" with the writing of blood at the bottom of the page! A horror battle manga? what?!

.....................

"How could this be?!"

Kameda clicks towards the title under the name "Tochigi" the same name that used to haunt him during his early years in the industry, now he is seeing it again behind that dumb kid, the title of the series, "Kyoto Ghoul" he slowly motioned the mouse on his laptop to click it.

The cover art is the most important part of the Manga in any NAME and determines whether the reader will click on it, as most Mangaka artist knows first impression matters, and that first impression relies on the power of the cover art.  "Kyoto Ghoul" Cover is very dark, and the two completely different half faces on the cover are symmetrical with a dividing line.

The domineering style of the Man with white hair and the delicate sketch on that black-haired guy, at that moment, that very moment, that image immediately destroy his unparallel imagination that he could ever conceive and broke his understanding of what Beauty in Horror could be portrayed.

Although he has always resisted and didn't want to contribute even a single click on this newbie kid's manga, under that attractive cover, Kameda-sensei couldn't restrain his inner impulse to click it, he wants to know what haunting beauty lies inside the manga, and finally, he clicked on it.

The moment he clicked it, The delicate and implicit explosive painting style is was detonated towards his face, Good Art! Good Hook! The perfect storyboard! Various deep and rich descriptions of  Gen Ganeki the main character's inner turmoil and his emotional drama! The portrayal of Touga the female protagonist, the store manager, as well as the cute image of the little loli girl...

That battle effect, using out of bound style and rough edgy brush strokes, was all too perfect! This is a masterpiece!

Once Kameda has finished reading "Kyoto Ghoul". He subconsciously clicks on the vote button, before he realizes he started to curse at himself and slams the mouse to the ground, bringing down the laptop to crash on the floor and break it.

" T...This...what the hell is this kid? Why did I do that?!"

Even Kameda couldn't believe what he just did, what he really felt...was respect. He respected this kids' art.

......

 

"Hey Lilian Sensei, that kid climbed again, he just overpassed Ryoto's sensei work and is at the number 16 spot, the brand new "Tochigi" is on fire!"

In the studio, Her editor Mary tried to chime with her, she knew that Lilian liked Tochigi's previous works, who knew the newbie could emulate his style and did it better, Mary heard from some of the insider secrets at Satelight in Sapporo that this newbie was Tochigi's son, and he's still in high school. Where did he hide this kid? Too bad he passed away...I knew he would do the pen name proud.

Lilian could simply smile sheepishly, she is currently illustrating on a digital pen using some new Manga tech ware for Illustration, It was one of her newer Shoujo works, She stopped with the tip of the digital pen to replace a new nib and continue painting, her eyes flashed with excitement, but she forced herself to remain calm.

"Have you seen it?"

"seen it already homegirl, That kid is fire, He's also using shoujo manga style in that "Kyoto Ghoul" never thought you could use shoujo manga style in a horror battle genre like that"

Her manager was livid with excitement. She really does enjoy these battle manga type, but this series even have shoujo aspects as well. It was really to her liking.

"Mary, what do you think?"

"Kids a genius, just like his dad, probably more..the artwork is totally different from his Father's."

Lilian could only laugh

" Think he has a chance to beat me if he enters the Mediabang Award?"

Mary could only smirk and shakes her head,

"He's good, but not that good, the Mediabang award only accepts digital art, and Only Master class Mangaka artist gets an invite, wait, Lilian, shouldn't you focus on training Kikite?"

Lilian simply looked at Kikite in the corner brushing up her technique by starting a new draft, Lilian simply motion her hand and pointed at Kikite, Her eyes burned with fire as she was focused on her current media, drawing on the new digital pen, Most Mangaka still uses the old paper and pen format but the new digital age will pave the way forwards, and Lilian is teaching her protege to get used to the technology.

Right now, her growth is exploding, Kikite skills rise in leaps and bounds after reading that "Kyoto Ghoul" she was simply ignited by that sense of rivalry and wouldn't put it down.

" Who says I'm not? she's not a little girl"

"Mary could only shrug and said

" You egged her on purpose, didn't you? using that Tochigi kids art with Kikite like that. This wasn't about the Award at all isn't it?"

" Well, the loss is a good lesson for Her, being too prideful is no good, especially in our industry,"

Mary simply nodded and put down her phone after saving the bookmark.

"That I agree, it's good if she could see that soon, better late than never"

Lilian just smirk and said

"It's lunchtime, what are you buying? you lost the bet!"

Mary just glared at Lilian

" I'm your Editor, not your maid Lilian!"

" What's the difference? a bet is a bet! hehe"

The both of them continue to banter around the studio in the end and no work was done, Kikite looked towards her Sensei and spurred even further, she clenches her hand tightly at her phone, the screen image of the cover art for "Kyoto Ghoul" was plastered as her home screen. Kikite muttered something lowly in the noisy studio, a simple oath to herself as she worked on her current project with vigor,

" I won't lose!"

....

In an underground studio in Tokyo, a man was screaming frantically. All around him, there were painted, unpainted, and discarded manuscript papers!

""Tochigi" ! It's so interesting! Who are you? you're not Tochigi! hahaha!! HAHAHAHHA!!! "

the man slice some black and red paint towards the artwork he was doing looking a tad bit deranged still smiling like a mad convict, he was in a jail cell, in an undisclosed location. there are two guards just watching without any expression. Although one of them is clenching his gun tensely, he was afraid.

"Oi oi..., you've gone and grown some wings, haven't you little chickies? Let me clip that off HAH HAHAHA!"

............

 

"Sensei! This "Kyoto Ghoul"..."

Besides the old man, the assistant printed out Alex's drawings and gave them to his sensei for an evaluation. Forty-eight pages, the old man looked at it for an hour! he flipped the manga and reread the work three times over. Putting down the manga printout, the old man said lightly, without any emotion in his tone

"That kid ... is going to stir up the industry...and the world..."

The man put down the old manga titled "Raindrops" on the table and walked away exiting his room.

 

......................

Somewhere in a newspaper factory in a building nearby Hakotei street, the Newspaper factory is printing something even at this late hour, a special night release, they haven't done something like this in a while, free distribution and delivery. The boss was simply covering the whole JAMP magazine article by focusing on a brand new edition for today just for that competition with the various authors, and the main page was plastered with the "Kyoto Ghoul" cover art.

The Gozen Shinbun Newspaper is one of the top ten major newspapers in Japan, and some of its paper publishing houses have web-based divisions to release their story online. After the robust publicity of The Gozen Shinbun Newspaper, Alex's works have received enough attention and publicity around the whole of Japan, but this publicity isn't enough if the art and content are mediocre.

If the quality of the work is not up to standard, then the newspaper will be considered as taking advertising money to sell pages, and the reputation of the newspaper will also be affected. At the same time, the reputation of the author will be criticized as well,

As a businessman, Aya's father, Souken Gozen, did not make the promise to his daughter casually. However, when he saw what was on that newspaper reel, what he saw on that artwork alleviated all of his worries, his immediate concerns simply disappeared completely, he devoted himself to promoting this series with an ardent heart, he saw potential in this new upcoming newbie. His instincts demanded it, Souken Gozen stared at the paper proudly, It was one of his daughter's demands.

"This was the birth of a new legendary mangaka in the industry."

A slim old man with glasses came with the old guy calibrating one of the printing press machines while jokingly talking with another rowdy burly old guy, both of them are the best of friends.

"Hey Chief, we gathered the side notes from the other series and posted it, we have enough content for this, It shouldn't be a problem, I bet we could even gain a lot of profit from tonight's sudden release like a damn lottery, Nice Idea Chief!"

The old burly man could only grin slyly with his nose in the air.

"It was my daughter, It was Aya's idea, Aya gave me this chance after all"

The worker smiles brightly 

"Aha! finally, made up with the little miss eh Chief? good for you! too bad she doesn't like the newspaper business! hahaha!"

The old man laughs heartily at that

"Ahahahaha!! Who wants to work with your sorry old ass! We old fools will just have to keep working in an old newspaper industry like this! a young impressionable girl like my daughter deserves better! Matsu-san! it's just you and me!"

the worker called Matsu san, the Chief Publisher in charge of printing here.

"And the other one? Maya? what about her Chief? are you really going to give up the newspaper to her?"

The old man stood there silent and after a few moments, he said

"She wanted the business, it's fine. It's time I retire anyway. I will sell all of my shares to her"

Matsu-san could only pat him on the back silently.

"Cheer up old friend, you're not alone. I still own some of the shares with the rest of the old guards, even if she tries something, if it's in the interest of the company, we can mitigate it, it's alright."

"that's not what I'm worried about, but it's fine"

Matsu san went off back towards the office to check on the progress of the other workers doing their job and left the old man Souken Gozen alone in the factory, surrounded by the noisy printing machines.

"damn kid did alright, after all. And this new "Tochigi" is alright too... damn it, for three years, what have I been doing?"

The rush of the printing machine blurred out what he said, it was loud as he was standing there silently for a few more minutes before the old man blurted the words out.

"I'm a terrible father..."

........................

Alex is woken up in his room with Ueno sleeping next to him, she falls asleep next to a wall with her body, He was lying down on her lap, They fell asleep? did he overdo it? He didn't even notice how tired he was when he collapsed, It seems he overdid it with the small increase in health from the system mall. He stood up and wipe his face for a bit, stood for a few seconds, and look down at Ueno sleeping like a log lying on the wall half body leaning like that, it's very uncomfortable.

Alex picked her up gently and lay her down on his bed while he put up the blanket slowly and gently without saying a word. Ueno was always a deep sleeper, she wouldn't wake up even if the room was burning, At times he was kinda grateful she's not that perceptive at times.

He went out of his room and look at the time, it was midnight, her sister is asleep and there isn't anyone home since her mother is out working. He took his jacket out and went outside towards the bar, He wondered if his mother did what he told her to do, he wanted to see if it will bear any sales to the pub and cafe and if there were any clicks, he took out his phone and look at the series.

"Kyoto Ghoul, it's trending..."

he put his phone out and smile, on the way to the pub, he saw his mother working hard attending to the customers.

"The coffee is great! tell your son I vote for him! He really does have the talent!"

"We have a superstar mangaka here in Sapporo! so cool!"

another girl said as she laugh gleefully taking the coffee away. 

Her mother noticed him and brighten up instantly as she ignored some of the crowd's praises. Some of them look at me and whispered things like "that's the son! the mangaka!" 

"Alex!! I'm here! my shift is over!'

His mother rushed at him and glomp him almost immediately, he didn't have time to react, was she this affectionate outside? wait..no, was she this affectionate from before? Well, it doesn't matter. It's nice, His 32 shameless self wouldn't mind being glomped by his mother, now that he has a mother. He will appreciate and be thankful for this reborn life.

"Hey mom, how was work? I came to pick you up after I submitted my work"

"Mommy is so proud of you! you're trending! and that coffee trick worked! that thing you called Guerilla Marketing, my boss like it very much! Miss Irene wanted to give me a bonus too for suggesting this!"

"Umm...isn't this embarrassing for you? hugging me in public like this?"

his mother now started to pat his head like it was natural, she certainly didn't mind it.

"Aww- is my son embarrassed?"

"Not really, keep doing it if you want to, I don't mind."

Alex said so blatantly. Alex was an adult and a shameless person in his previous life. Would a hug or a pat make him embarrassed? hell naw. maybe if he was really an 18-year-old kid sure, he might be embarrassed. But the current him? For his mom who worked two jobs just to support them? anything.

Pat away Katherine! Do your worst!

"You're so cute Alex! come on, let's have some late supper, mother's treat! There's a Ramen shop across here that opens late at night like this, it's run by this Ukrainian Russian couple, they are mommy's friends!"

"cool! late night Ramen with my mom'

She took off her apron and put it on the counter.

"My shift is over Monica, Tell the Madam boss, Irene I'll come by tomorrow evening!"

her colleague Monica could only smile wryly and said

"Yeah, sure..enjoy that date with your son, while you leave me with these hungry coffee addicts, enjoy yourself, Katherine, go and have some fun, Maru-san and Sanada-san called in help later for the night shift, don't worry"

and just like that, she left with Alex to have late night Ramen.

 

20