Chapter 21 – Lilian Akamatsu Counterattack!
584 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aya Gozen burst into the room and checked on the unconscious Alex, she took out a small portable torchlight from her bed and check his eyes to see if it's dilated, checking his pulse, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him, He's just unconscious akin to just sleeping.

"There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him, since when did this happen?"

Ueno didn't know, she only knew that he was already on the floor when he entered the room. that was just a few minutes ago when she called. she just arrived here in around 5 minutes, she checked her social media and saw that the last post that was made by him on his newly Twatter account on his phone was around 10 minutes ago, so it wasn't that long, the screen was still logged into the site on his phone when she picked it up to check if there's any malicious intent.

" Help me carry him and lay him on the bed, he's probably just exhausted and fainted, let's monitor his condition before we rush into things, his pulse seems to be fine, and his heart rate is rather normal, there don't seem to be any other symptoms other than him sleeping like this"

Ueno could only nod and help Aya move the guy towards his bed. 

Meanwhile in Alex's mindscape-

.......................

Reboot sequence initiating.....

Restarting quest protocol by borrowing the power of the Akashic Records

rebooting timeline, error-

rebooting parallel timeline-error

rebooting system task- completed

rebooting system directive- syntax not found

Quest will resume as normal with minimal functionality.

Updated quest will be given shortly- please wait.

Alex could only stare at the blank screen inside of his completely empty mindscape. Inside this empty world, there is only a small little blue screen with a progress report

23% progress----calculating

"sigh...am I gonna die again? why is the system glitching out now?"

Alex could only surmise that the world he is living in right now interfered with his progress because he tried to make significant changes in the world, was introducing Kyoto Ghoul into this world drawing the ire of this parallel world? That's the only possibility they could think of after what just happened to him, after what he witnessed with those text and system errors, it seems that the world tried to forcefully erase him but the system intervene somehow, causing it to glitch out and

reboot its system?

"kinda wish I didn't have a system in the first place and just transmigrate here normally without any cheats, it's not like the cheat is any good either...what did I get? a few stat directives and some works I've already known how to create those works, and maybe with a few trial and error I could probably recreate their artwork as well, unfortunately, all of it  was locked behind a paywall due to the memory block by the system."

"It's more of a hindrance than a cheat really, what a joke, Well, perhaps the health and vitality benefit was pretty good but that just means I'm back to a normal ordinary healthy human state. It's nothing to scoff at really"

And I agree with you wholeheartedly my host, The progenitor of the Prime World,

the Inheritor of the Seed of the Dreamer. 

I thank you for your feedback.

Alex could only standstill as he look towards the new status screen in shock, that status blue bar actually replied back to him, Like..it's aware of itself.

"The system could talk?!"

"Wait, why is this happening to me! can you understand me? why am I here? what happens to my body right now?

So many questions that Alex wanted to ask the system but the system simply stay silent until a new screen pops up.

I know you must be very curious my Host,

but let's just say I'm the new Ego of the system.

Let us get you up in the waking world, shall we?

till you completed your quest, I'm afraid This system can't do much until you succeeded and thwart fate's interference and the world that is watching. Till the time comes for us to meet, farewell.

Sequence 100% downloaded- reawakening will begin shortly

in a few moments, Alex was awake again in the real world in his bed.

Aya and Ueno were staring at him beside his bed when it happened. Both of them have a look of concern on their face, his suddenly blanking out and collapsing like that probably made them worry, but..what is this feeling he's getting? their concerns turns into something else, the first thing that came to Alex's mind was-

"This is...awkward, very awkward"

...................

" Hey, boss! Someone is asking us to make some trouble in the comments section in "Kyoto Ghoul"! Do you want to take this job order?"

In a small Internet studio in China, a dozen of people each sat in front of the computer, constantly manipulating hundreds of various accounts. On their walls, there are four large characters written in running script:

"Swear till you die! Laugh till they die!"

This is the supreme pursuit of the Internet trolls of the Chinese 50 cent army! A little silly if someone else looks into it but this motto has served them well. The boss of the group examines the latest job they received and inspects the job.

"'Kyoto Ghoul'? Isn't that the manga that has been inexplicably becoming popular recently? I've seen some guys linking those stuff even in our Weibo past the firewall, How much did the other party agree? what's the pay!" 

One guy who is currently just concentrating on playing a MOBA game on the PC screen screaming at one of the guys at the back, the guy from behind him says it back to him like he's used to it, as he too was concentrating on the PC screen, except instead of playing a Moba, he was watching good ol porn.

"It's that manga yeah, but we haven't read it yet. I don't know if it's really good. The other party gave us around 500 USD."

"500 USD? Just to make trouble in the comment area?"

"Yes?"

"Why the hell are you asking me for?! just take it! it's easy money!"

Soon, an internet-paid troll took over the order from Kameda-sensei. They had a few high-level JAMP accounts lying around but no VIP accounts, these accounts aren't worth much and even if they get banned later it's alright. The Chinese don't really view these accounts as valuable since they prefer to read their manga and manhua on BiriBiri or the twencent site such as Gidian Literature works. Therefore, they only used first- and second-level accounts.

Kameda-sensei, who is also a keyboard warrior, a troll in his own right, sits on his gaming chair with a look of relief. After all, as long as the comment area is messed up, many new readers will see that the comment area is full of negative comments, and they will not click on the link, first impressions matter after all, and what better way to scope out the attention by checking the comment section instead of reading the series?

During these past two hours, Kameda-sensei slept peacefully. Two hours later, He woke up, twisted his neck, and planned to enjoy the comment section of ​​"KyotoGhoul" and see the damage that he caused. Just when he was about to log into the account of Jamp Portal and click the comment section, he was dumbfounded.

The comment area is still normal...as if nothing happened...where are all the negative comments? What happened to the guys he hired to do the job in China? is this company even that trustworthy?

Are these paid trolls so untrustworthy? Did they just take his money and didn't do anything to "Kyoto Ghoul"? he felt cheated.

Kameda-sensei was furious!, he felt that he had been deceived by these damn Chinese trolls for hire and decided to call them directly asking what was going on, but who knew that before he could even call them, the other party actually contacted him first.

"Hey there! I'm really sorry! We can't keep up with this job! Try another group! kthx bai!"

"Damn Trolls! Do you even have any morality!? You are the ones who received my money. Why aren't you doing this! tell me!"

"Hey, friend! You really don't know anything, The fans of that manga are really scary! One of our brothers just posted a bad review, and in less than three seconds, he received hundreds of replies, and the person who was attacked? right now he is still doubting his life choices.

"..you, don't come near us. We don't want your money ah? take it back, I refund you back, Haiyaa."

The guy on the other line could only sigh at what just happened, he wanted to get rid of this contract immediately, if it were up to him, he would simply disconnect the line, but who knows if this person would be a repeat customer, so he tried to not ignore him. Kameda sensei on the other hand is getting angrier, he couldn't accept this.

"Are you afraid of being an internet troll? are you kidding me!?" He shouted towards the other party

"Hey! who's afraid! this Grandpa isn't afraid! I'm not afraid! But someone found out about our company by some means. If we don't stop, we'll be on the hot search bar tomorrow! We even got fans who threatened to DDOS us from this "Anteiku" group, they sounded really dangerous! Anyway, Sorry Friend! I'm sorry! You can find another troll for this job okay? goodbye!"

" du du du" the other party hang up.

After that, the man stopped talking, but when he went offline, he charged Kamedamura with 500 USD, plus chargeback. Kameda can't help but curse at his fate!

.............................

In less than 24 hours, people in the "Anteiku" dickscord group continued to vote and look for more people to vote for "Kyoto Ghoul"! far more fervently than any fan group in the world. The anti-NTR movement moves forwards as the ranking of "Kyoto Ghoul" has also soared from sixth place to fourth! It's in fourth place right now.

A manga work that was submitted at the end of the competition, It soared to fourth place in less than two days! Although this is the first time that JAMP Magazine has held such a voting selection online but they can already see the potential, that this is the path where future voting shall be done, So far it's been very successful.

Due to the popularity of "Kyoto Ghoul", the Awards have also been raised to a higher level of popularity than its predecessor! It has successfully attracted the attention of other publishing companies from China, South Korea to America, and more well-known companies in the ACG industry, 

And the word "Tochigi" has deeply carved a trace in the hearts of these companies.

"Hey Lilian, there are still two hours left, do you think that "Kyoto Ghoul" can be selected?  "Kekite's Daily Life" by your assistant student is currently placed third."

"Her editor-in-charge packed up the sketches by her side and put them in a file bag.

Lilian stopped what she was doing and walked towards her assistant currently busy drawing some sort of new brush stroke, it's very soft, but still very incomplete, Lilian could only smile at her progress, She then tap her shoulder of Kikite, but she wasn't phased at all, she was soo focused on her drawing until Lilian smack her head hard

" Oww! Sensei! why did you hit me like that!!"

Lilian just smirked and laugh it off,

"You're too serious, live a little! Need a little favor, I'm gonna tank your series in the Jamp Portal, you okay about that?"

Kikite pondered for a moment and then she asks

"What's my current ranking?"

said Kikite as she wipes the brow of her eyes due to sweat accumulation, Lilian simply said

"Still the same, you're stuck at the third"

Kikite simply clutched her fist in a ball, It seems there isn't any growth at all with the first place "Green Sky" and second place Bungoku Stray Cats, while hers is still stuck in third? If she couldn't get the first place there's no point in even gaining the third place, to her, it's either you win big or you go home as a loser. She is simply not ready..just like what her sensei said, but she didn't want to listen. But at least she gets one thing from this, Her sensei now owe her a favor. 

Without saying anything or speaking she simply nodded, the fire in her eyes knew what her teacher wanted to do, Lilian Akamatsu simply smile and took out her phone from her skirt, unlocked it, and entered her social platform.

"You gonna help him out?"

As soon as the Kikite finished speaking, she realized that "Kyoto Ghoul" was just behind her series by less than a hundred votes, Sooner or later "Kyoto Ghoul" would have surpassed her series, but it isn't enough to get the first spot.

"You made the right choice, I'm proud of you"

Kikite hardly gets any praises from her mentor, but for the first time, she got one! she was simply smiling on her own little world as Lilian typed the words needed to boost "Kyoto Ghoul" on her social platform, Lilian needed to do this, she didn't advertise for her own protege, her own assistant, Instead, she is doing it towards one of her competitors, She added the last fire needed to ignite the burning fire of "Kyoto Ghoul" to reach to the top! And this last fire is likely the key to her assistant manga and the next one too, to have "Kyoto Ghoul" be buried under obscurity? it's not something her conscience would allow. And..she really doesn't mind not getting the top three post simply because she's not serializing under JAMP. She's with her Mentors company after all. They are JAMP competitors, she's only doing it for the street cred and prestige.

"It's not a loss for me, If Tochigi could be within the top three, next time I'll beat him with my best stories!"

Lilian Akamatsu smiles slightly at the corner of her mouth, she is proud of her protege for doing this, It's what she would do too if given the chance.She adjusted her glasses, and looked at the graceful girl with fluttering hair beside her with interest, her manager Mary could only smile wryly at what she did, She didn't try to stop her, she knew even as her manager, Lilian Akamatsu always one whatever she ones. She is after all the Queen of the Shoujo manga. One doesn't get there simply by following the rules, they paved the rules which others would follow. This is one of those decisions that the Queen has decided. It is simply like a royal decree. Her manager can't help but say,

"I know you used to date his father, but isn't this just a tad bit creepy old girl?."

"I just think good work shouldn't be buried."

Lilian said lightly.

Kikite simply snapped back to reality when she heard that sentence, did Mary just said that her Master Lilian used to date Tochigi the original?!

" Wait a minute, you used to date "Tochigi?!"

Lilian simply said a single word.

"Yep"

Meanwhile on Rebbit on R/manga and various social media-

"Oh my god!No way! Lilian Akamatsu is endorsing other people to vote for "Kyoto Ghoul"!"

"No way!"

"It's true! on Twatter, or Crapbook, even on Dickscord... All the major platforms have posted the news!"

"But Lilian's assistant's manga is third! If "Kikite's Daily Life" doesn't make the cut..."

"Never mind! I've given my votes to Kikite's works for the past five days! the last two days will be reserved for, "Kyoto Ghoul" and half for "Kikite's Daily Life"! Now that Miss Lilian has spoken out! I can finally All for "Tokyo Ghoul"!"

"I have a VIP account so I also voted like this recently with all my votes all into "Kikite's Daily Life" But now that our goddess has given the ok, I don't feel so bad to vote for Tochigi"

"By the way, I heard a rumor that miss Lilian used to date "Tochigi's" dad"

"What really?! Listen to this guys story haha!"

"Wait, head up to VC and tell us all about it!"

"Front row popcorn!"

"Coke in the back row!"

Suddenly, everyone was super excited, right before they could head to VC, The administrator turned on the ban- everyone was kicked out for one day. Lilian could only smile as she did that. Kikite and Mary looked from the corner and simply shakes their head, Mary simply scorn her as she said

"Not cool Lilian, people are gonna talk you know?"

Lilian simply gives the middle finger to Mary.

" Not on my watch! No one needs to know about my little secret, especially "her", at least I don't want her to know just yet"

...

Lilian wasn't the only mangaka that has endorsed "Kyoto Ghoul", in the last two days, Mangaka artists from the lower brackets have been advertising freely for Alex's manga. And they have one thing in common! That is, their debut time with him is the same! Since they debuted at the same time during the "My World" anthology Oneshots, some of the familiar names that submitted decided to stand together and support a fellow newbie. Solidarity between newbies.

.........

In the Supermarket, Katherine put her mobile phone in front of her pouch but it was in silence, her fair and beautiful face revealed incomparable nervousness, as she simply hugged her 12-year-old daughter and sit calmly on the other side of the Isle, Alex's sister simply look at her mother warmly.

"Don't worry mom, you seem very nervous, Onichan will definitely win!.

"You're such an Angel baby!."

her mother said as she hugged her tightly, Yukari simply holds her mother's slender fingers thoughtfully.

Yukari knew that her brother has been drawing lately, even in the past big brother would always follow dad around and watch him draw, He knew he had the same hobby but she has never seen him draw at all, This was the first time her brother actually tried to do something big, she didn't understand much but she knew this was very important to him, just like how it was important to her dad.

"Hey, mom? are you glad that Onichan decided to draw?"

Her mother simply nodded and click vote on her JAMP Portal account yesterday.Her daughter find out about it when they were about to go to sleep. She has a 5 year VIP account. all five daily votes go to her only son, Her mother simply put her finger on her lips and moved her daughter to keep it a secret as she said,

" Don't tell your Big brother okay?"

Yukari, being the bright and smart little simply could only nod happily as she giggled out loud

"Hehe okay, mom!"

"Now come on! help me pick up some of the stuff, want some cereal for breakfast? which one?"

"not the chocolate one, chocolate cereal doesn't taste so good"

Katherine had a bad feeling in her stomach, a sudden feeling that she hasn't felt in a long time since she dated her husband back in the old days. She wondered if someone is talking behind her back right now?

17