Chapter 23 -A system Upgrade
606 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Meanwhile back in Lilian Akamatsu Studio,

Word has gotten out, The head manager of Jamp manga has mailed her manager Mary the verdict. It was as expected. Mary could only shrug as she looked at the old soul in front of her still immersed in her own creation as she create the next shoujo masterpiece, Her previous work "The Villanous Father and her Villanous Wife" won a lot of awards even breaking into the International Market and threaten the Korean Super manhwa award, Her manga breaks the barrier of works as it's tropes touches on the very soul of every shoujo out there, She is a master of the tropes and she sets the trends for these tropes.

Mary was simply smiling as she stared at Lilian's back immersed in her own little world, Kikite came by and gave Mary a look, Mary simply nodded at her and gave her a thumbs up for a job well done.

"Not to worry, You pass the top three, congratulations kiddo. You're in the big leagues now"

A simple sigh seems to be released and her tense shoulders started to relax. Haruka Kikite could only smile in agony, she didn't want to sacrifice her work for another if possible, she was only glad that she gets to be in the top three,

" I'm guessing that Tochigi kid is the first place?"

Mary could simply nod and smirk at her when she sees her become complacent.

" Ready for revenge Kikite? Comiket Summer is just around the corner, I bet my bottom dollars a guy like that will probably join that one too and release something incredible, why not bet on society for once? let the money and fans do the talking, nothing beats a paying customer for real data"

Kikite wanted to shake her head but instead simply nodded slowly, as her shrugs turns to sorrow

"That means I gotta compete against sensei too, she's entering the too you know? for that visual Novel game?"

Mary could only pat her back heartily with a smiling face and said

" Welcome to the big leagues, Never said it was easy, now finally you're on even ground right? even so, I have faith you will probably come close, have faith in yourself. You snatched third place after all as your first debut, not many people get to do that besides, you won't be competing with your teacher directly since it's a Visual Novel"

Kikite could only look at her sensei's back immersed in her work as she wield her digital pen in absolute fury and grace, She wanted to do that too soon, digital art, she can't wait to get involved with new tech, the world is changing and new ways of animating manga is being introduced, some people are averse to the effect of the new generation of manga artist and their ability to use newer tools with faster and cleaner results, in this world, results do matter after all.

" Sure, I'll think of something,  looking at sensei working hard like this, I won't lose in spirit and fire when it comes to my art! That Tochigi is going down!!"

"that's the spirit!"

said Mary as she took out her phone and key in a bunch of stuff, Kekite was curious and ask what she was doing,

"What are you typing Mary?"

Mary only look at Kikite cluelessly and said

"I'm ordering Supper, Is sushi good? Looks like it will be another late mid-night scrims for the both of you"

Kikite could only teared up gratefully for Mary, she really knows her master and herself much better than she knew herself. It's good that she had a manager and Editor like her.

.......

Back In Alex's studio.

Less than ten seconds after the warm current disappeared,  there was a glitch happening to the system, before he could say anything time was dilated and simply stopped. The surrounding turned grey, he couldn't move, he couldn't breathe, something is interfering with the reality of this world.

Alex began to panic. A system dinged in his mind- the UI pops up. something was really wrong this time, this wasn't like the previous system prompt. Something was definitely wrong with the flavor text that he was reading. It's far more flamboyant than the beginning.

The wheel of Destiny is turning,

Heaven or Hell, Fate, and Destiny,

the System Multiverse has found one of the Akashic Records Seed, Granting Authority Access to the

The antithesis of fate. One who wields the path of the "Dreamer"

Granting Akashic Records of the World to the one chosen by the Stories of Absolute Authority

System Upgrade to Open additional Mall Options.

System Upgrade to an additional new skill and job options

The system will be upgraded, Upgrading All hidden "Dreamer" skills -

Gain SSS Gambit, Gain SSS Speed Burst, Gain SSS Copy Knowledge, Gain SSS Reality Brush, Gain SSS Imagination Authority

Granting SSS Authority by defying the fate of this world The world is watching-

Lifting Protection Mode, Enable Insurance to Host by borrowing the power of the Eldrich God to retain Reality

The Dreamer Path will be full of uncertainty, Conquer the World with your Imaginary works! Beware of the world Interfearance,

Son of Prime Earth One, the Multiverse will try to intervene from time to time, Protect yourself.

The system's voice sounded cold, pulling Alex's consciousness into the system's world, cold and foreboding. In front of him there was a figure, it was humanoid, with no gender it looks like a mannequin but transparent. it waved towards Alex.

" What the hell is going on here?"

Taking a closer look, the mall has changed, the world has changed everything has changed. It's just an empty blue zone with various UI surrounding him as the system then started to talk to him, it was the mannequin before him, it seems startled as Alex looked at him and it seems to ponder for a while before a sudden magical transformation and the mannequin before him changed into an anime character that he knew,  It was Gen Geneki from Kyoto Ghoul, Gen then simply bow towards him and said.

Hello, User Alex. Do not be alarmed. The system is undergoing some Maintenance, I am simply your system's ego for the moment provided by the Akashic Records to further assist you in your role as the Antithesis of fate and destiny. We are the system, in simple terms we are

the Akashic Records fragments that created the System and  was given form and ego

Alex could only rub his temples, what has he gotten into now? The antithesis of Fate? He didn't ask for this. He thought this would be a simple world where he would inherit a system and go on his merry ways to make a  few mangas like usual..how did the genre suddenly change? what now? is there any danger to his life? what's with the foreboding message he read earlier?!

" Uhh look, I think you got the wrong Isekai guy"

The system simply chuckled, it seemed human, or at least able to present an emotional range for some sort of life form. this system is sentient now, Alex could not get used to this at all.

"You are the "Dreamer"

the soul that falls between the glitch in time, the Schrodinger's Law has made its vision clear, there are others like you, but in this world, you are the glitch, the interloper of this world, and this world has started to notice you. As you can see, changing things that do not go according to the laws of the world will correct itself, by winning the Kokusai Manga Shou Comic Award with an overwhelming force,

You have altered the future of many,

the current system is unable to support you as it stands, there was an error in our calculations, The quest design wasn't suppose to initiate an ultimatum penalty towards the questline, there was a glitch within the parameters and you have exceeded it. The user have changed the perception of reality of this world by defying the questline direct directives.

far exceeding the capacity that was given as anInterloper.

Your actions have changed many humans life in this world.

changing the Artstyle intended for the original "Kyoto Ghoul" and inserting your own understanding in the betterment of its design, you have drawn the ire of the world, but at the same time, the Akashic Record acknowledges you as the seed candidate of the world, you are worthy to change the world as you see fit."

  In my previous life, I had never drawn SSR when I played Onmyoji. I have been playing FGO for a year, and I just took a 4-star crappy Saber Cards and blazes through all kinds of dungeons, so what the hell is this? is he lucky or cursed? he can't tell? on one hand, he felt honored to be the "Chosen One"..on the other hand, he's not the protagonist, more like an extra who suddenly gained gods power? no, wait. Alien. He's just an immigrant in this world and Alien with some really high-tech cheats, and he's been wrecking and changing the destiny of others without even realizing it.

Now to make yourself spin the wheel of Destiny? no wait, that's not it...To fight the wheel of Destiny? Can he take a raincheck?

The system hesitated and simply said.

" There are rewards to help you deflect the world interference, how would you like to play with the Wheel of Destiny?

My host, please turn the wheel of Destiny as soon as possible. After ten minutes, the Wheel will be removed. This shall be

your reward for inheriting the will of the system"

 

  

A dark wheel appeared before Gen Geneki's Avatar, the wheel contains many runic words but he understood them, they are rewards. various sort of rewards, from points to skills and out-of-this-world concepts in things he is yet to understand. Perhaps it is magic? never mind! Something is better than nothing! No matter what he will salvage this, If the world is gonna screw him over, he might as well use this to his advantage and get as many benefits as he can.

  Holding the wheel, Alex turned it hard with his hand, and the color wheel turned quickly, like a huge black lollipop just spinning and spinning and finally, the turntable stopped, and the pointer pointed to 1 000 000 points.

a million points!

There are a lot of things in the mall he could buy with a million points! 

The system that looked like Gen simply smile

The Maintenance is complete, the Mall is currently updated, would you like to browse the updated mall user?

  "Additional 70,000 influence points have been credited to the account, 10,000 influence points are given as the task reward, and 60,000 is obtained by the host during the Kokusai Manga Shou Comic Award. 

The total Amount the user currently have is around 1 080 000 influence points"

 "Hey, system! let's go shopping!

Alex was simply smiling as he headed towards the newly upgraded mall, This number of influences simply startled Alex's mind! But soon Alex calmed down and kept saying to himself in his heart

"Calm down! Calm down! It's just a little rich in points, you don't have to get the hype up for it...heh"

Going into the system mall, Alex directly spent 33,000 influence points to buy 1 point of physical fitness. Consciousness controls the warm current, and Alex continues to strengthen his body and left and right hands. Now Alex feels that his hand speed has been greatly improved. It is currently far stronger than any normal person.

The next upgrade was 77000 points. he buys it. and this time he focuses those strengths evenly on his entire body. He gets stronger. His Muscles grew leaner for an 18-year-old kid, He grew about a few centimeters taller, barely noticeable and his complexion looks better. He's far manlier and handsome now.

Investing points into physical fitness was worth it. But he wandered around the mall, there was many new updated stuff. Alex's eyes could only stare at all of them greedily. He know what he needed to get, and then save some for the future,

 

.....

The next day-

JAMP Magazine Sapporo HQ, the cafe downstairs.

Two really pretty women sat facing each other, their figures were beautiful, and they revealed a mature temperament about them, they even look quite similar to each other.

"I wouldn't expect it! Our talented novelist and Ilustrator would resign from the position of the Head editorial team leader of Satelight, just to be a small little editor in charge of JAMP magazine for some stupid kid." 

That woman before Aya Gozen was Maya Gozen, Aya's Older sister. She is currently the Director in charge of JAMP Magazine branch. she is only 32 years old this year. 7 years older than Aya

"So you voted for Tochigi, no surprise there," Maya said with a smile, but the smile was a little cold.

"I didn't vote for him, but "Kyoto Ghoul" had potential and Tochi-" Maya simply sat up straight, her plumpness standing proudly,

"Don't mention that name in front of me!"

"Do you still hate him? He's already passed away..."

Maya was gazing at her sister coldly as if she didn't understand how badly she was treated back then,

" You know what he did, He simply bowed away like a coward, with all that talent and all that skill, he simply quit the industry, I was his manager!! Does he ever think about the people around him?! mark my word, his son is no better! you're making a big mistake"

Aya Gozen rises up in anger and slams the table. 

"Why are you still thinking like this! Oh, grow up Maya! you're thirty-two years old and acting like a spoiled child! The kid is different! "

"Grow up!? Isn't it? My career was in shambles!! He knew I didn't have any artist under me back then! he left me to die!! if it weren't for Father's connections, I would probably be in a different place right now!  And Don't look at me like that! The reason you came to JAMP Magazine is because of that kid! you disgust me! falling for a damn kid!"

Aya could only stand up straight, her eyes became wide in shock 

"WHAT?! you take that back!"

Maya could only scoff at her when she said that. she didn't have time to play petty games here. She wanted to sign a request form to go ahead with the serialization but before she could do it, they sent her down here to meet her sister. This has her interference, she knew that her sister might have done something, but to this extent? Ridiculous!

"What do you want Aya? I'm busy! I don't have time to reminisce about a former artist and his kid"

Aya could only boil her anger in silence, despite her status in the literary industry, Maya was a director of JAMP. Any upcoming new Manga will have to give her an A-ok, And she knew that her own elder sister does not forgive well.

" That kid, drew "Kyoto Ghoul" have some respect and acknowledge that he has a real talent and-"

Maya simply slams her hand on the table, the cafe customers all looked at her but she didn't care.

" Just one series! and I heard he has a busted hand! he wouldn't be able to manage it! He won't be able to retain it, You and I know a series like that won't last long, at most it will get a season or two then it's over, It won't last for a year, what about later? Can he keep multiple works like the pros are doing? Even if he has assistance, what about other mediums? can he do it? he's still in high school!"

Aya couldn't say anything else. the both of them kept silent.

" I won't sign him under JAMP Magazine, no exclusive contract. No serialization, no nothing! and the prize money? we will withhold it until the investigation is complete. He won't be able to operate here in Japan, Not under my watch!"

"But he won the competition!!"

Maya fired back with something she didn't expect

"He's under investigation for manipulating the votes, there's just an exorbitant amount of votes for him even from overseas. The way he won was very unusual even for JAMP Manga, This is unprecedented, How could a high school kid do that anyway? someone is probably backing him up, isn't it? who is it Aya, tell me, and maybe ...I'll stop the investigation"

"There isn't any backing! you're just jumping to conclusions!"

Maya slams the documents before her, Dickscord, and youtube accounts with multiple sources influencing votes, from Twatter, to Utube to even giant social media Crapbook with many users upvoting his, but to Aya, this is all coincidence.

"We are building a case, it's a matter of time..."

Aya couldn't hold it back, she wanted to push this stupid sister of hers, time and time again she kept blocking her from achieving her goal, first, it was in College, then Jamp, then her career, now this? just because she had a grudge with Alex's father? She won't stand for this farce!

"Why are you doing this? You are breaking the contract signed when he entered the Kokusai Manga Award!! There will be consequences Maya!"

Maya simply smile arrogantly and said this to Aya naturally.

"Our lawyers will deal with it, It's our competition, nothing we cannot fix by  fine-tuning the law to our side"

Aya could only stare at her maliciously, She couldn't do anything to her, not even with her father's help. She is simply too strong right now. Aya has no choice but to admit her defeat here.

Aya stood up and simply left as she kick her shoes defiantly, Leaving the smug Maya as she sat there alone, she said nothing and smiled sipping her tea with her short victory, For Aya, there was nothing she could do, she had been played by her sister again, and this time it hurt her young charge instead,  Jamp was the longest-running best selling manga magazine here in Japan. Not getting a serialization in JAMP means that you aren't getting a chance of going pro, at least not here in Japan.

This is a serious blow to her self-confidence, not to mention that she was blindsided by her sister's angle in doing her in like this. Aya entered her car..and there she sat there motionless, thinking of what just happened today. It wasn't a good day, for a long time, she almost feel like crying.

.It's already 25 chapters. I didn't get this far alone, writing is...harder than I thought it was. Thanks to Lan Kikite and Riggs Jeb first and foremost., this whole series couldn't be done without your support and the people in discord helping me, special shoutout to Darian for your artwork and valorant carries, Ender for your insights. and special mention to aunt kiskilli,pry and duggy for emotional support when I'm always sick.

 

12