Chapter 27 -Business Proposal
447 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Yukari didn't stay long on the dickscord channel and simply searched the internet, there was another video a much clearer one with everything recorded about the fight, that video reached a million views in a single hour and still climbing, at first she thought it was some sort of viral marketing, but seeing her brother there? she wasn't sure. Then the news came and announce it, the internet was lit like a storm again. Many people believed that what my brother did was just self-defense.

But after seeing the many videos of these black dog masks posting many videos of taking out various gangs around Sapporo and posting them online in the next two days, People started to strangely act too, She saw some sort of movement in the web, it wasn't just them that was doing it.

Ordinary citizens are starting to stand up for themselves here in Sapporo, cases of bullying in cram schools, Domestic violence, and even random people helping out with mugging were posted online, all of them have one defining theme. They all claim that they are part of Anteiku, just like this video of an ordinary mother and son being rescued by 2 high school kids from being beaten by an abusive dad, these two kids wear black hoodies and masks.

She knew that look, it's what her brother used to wear when masquerading with the Anteiku gang during the incident. that video went viral too with a million views in a single hour. people take to vigilantism to the streets, what started as a provocation of a gang war turned the streets of Sapporo safer, it made people realize they could stand up to tyranny, just like the comic Kyoto Ghoul. Looking through the dickscord group, the atmosphere of the group started to change too, it became a hub to send help and receive help messages such as

dickscord group channel chat 23-----

"Someone, I need help, my abusive boyfriend is drunk, he's trying to kill me!"

" Maam, keep calm, Anteiku is on the case, where you at girl? we sending someone over!"

" Tenkaichi street, Aogiri Apartment on the 24 floors, I'm scared..."

"Yo, Isn't that Nakagiri's place? contact her asap, oh and miss, what's your door number?

" door 23, hurry! he's banging at my door, I can't hold on!"

DM@Nakagiri - Hey hurry up! get the guys and stop him!'

"Nakagiri@leetgirl- yeah yeah! I'm wearing my mask right now shut it! that shithead is gonna get a baseball to the head! hey@admin call the cops! it's domestic abuse!"

@Nakagiri do it, homegirl! yo! we got your back! blast that fool!

@Nakagiri- if you need backup we're on our way! I'm almost done with my shift, heading to Aogiri apartment now as we're typing

@Nakagiri- Sanada here, I'm nearby too, I've just sent my daughter to kindergarten, on my way now.

"Nakagiri@leetgirl- I'm at the scene, this guy is huge! I can't take him out with a damn baseball bat uhh...can someone send help sooN? eeep! He has a knife!!

@Nakagiri- already at the elevator, stall him! just..uhh...deal some emotional damage! tell him his dick is small or something!

@yukaritheboss -Admin here, The cops are on the way too, I've made the call earlier Nakagiri, you can rest assured, just be safe alright? this isn't a game.

@Nakagiri- I'm here! don't worry I'll keep Nakagiri safe just like my own daughter!

@Sanada- DADDY!! do you need a second wife?

@Royboy hey! I'm here too! I'm at the lobby, then I've got traffic police on the way here, we're coming up!

Yukari could only sigh as she runs the biggest dickscord group in Japan now, Anteiku is blowing up way too fast for her to handle, even her online friends are getting way over their heads about this, whatever it is, The changes that were made had started a movement here in Japan, and it won't be stopping anytime soon.

....................................

2 days later-

While Yukari was fretting all alone outside the main room trying to manage the many messages she received from Anteiku without her brother knowing during breakfast, Aya and Alex was awake early in the morning and is discussing something in his room/studio.

The anime and manga industry is broken, and everyone is concerned especially a certain isekaied boy living in Sapporo now, Alex Kenichi was an otaku in his old life, he's a hustler in his earlier life, a pretty casual guy turned artist in the age of 30 in his life, It was never too late to get into something and to live your dream, and to a certain degree, he had lived the dream, he lives and breath anime for several years, wrote and created several works in his previous life even if it isn't manga, it was still art. Comics are evergreen and Universal, anime and manga are everlasting, it doesn't matter what country you came from, everyone is able to enjoy it.

Of course, this is wrong, being a great Artist doesn't make you a great studio director, The first former requires you how to draw, the latter one needs a set of skills to manage money and manage the balance sheet, equity, and flow. even leaders of the anime industry back in his previous world admit that the anime industry will face a declining rate in the future if no perceptible outcome is changed,

Alex could already see the cracks in this world, the same cracks without the raw deal back in the early days of the anime and manga industry, the dark side of the industry still persists today, it's why he noticed the lack of animation studio in this world, and Manga is still being the number 1 consumed medium of this world, and of course light novel.

If he wanted to start a studio of his own, he needs to hire many people and train them personally. Perhaps an animation school eventually. There is no studio training for managers and producers, one simply becomes and self-learns all of it. Thankfully he came from an era where animation and the anime industry have matured as many works exploded.

He has that knowledge and know-how on what to expect. While he hasn't actually made an animation industry in his old world, he did study a lot about it to manage his own series, to self publish his own works, and he did with Marbel as Alex Walker. a self-made artist and producer of his own series, an independent artist, and someone who has spoken in Cons overseas and was immersed in the culture itself. He only needs to bring that same culture here, with some added changes of course.

that will all change today.

Aya took the manuscript from Alex, and explain to him the four companies that own the manga and anime industry. If they are going to take on the industry, She would at least educate him on the basic knowledge a production house owner needs to know, She is an Editor for starlight production for several years and has learned a lot about the industry in Tokyo and Japan, how JAMP works, how the anime industry work, how the media and advertising company here correlates with the industry and the government as well.

" the four big companies, the biggest producers are four, the first is Sony Industry, owner of their own global production house, music labels and many other companies, it is currently the biggest Media mix company here in Japan, so we won't touch on about that"

Alex could only note down what she said as he writes it in his small little book,

"The second company is Kadokawa, since 2011, they have owned 11% of the market, Lilian Akamatsu is currently their biggest Mangaka Artist and the boss of the Shoujo Magazine empire known as Asuka Ciel, you know her don't you? the biggest publishing company here, with a million manga clubs with a collaboration with the biggest manga publishing company they were the first to produce light novels and dominated the light novel entertainment, back in the early 1990s they have bought over many companies like Fushimishobo, and many works such as Haruhi, the fate series, Kadokawa is the fastest-growing company here but recently,

Kadokawa has been struggling, as you know, the merger didn't go through Fushimishobo all went to the other company, the only subsidiary under Kadokawa is currently it's an animation studio, as I said before, it's not going good for them."

"So..the fate series existed in this timeline huh? It's no wonder i couldn't find it in the System Store"

Aya could be overheard Alex mumbling something

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing, Please continue"

Aya nodded and said

" The third one is Shueisha, JAMP, the shounen and shoujo manga dominated industry and magazine Tankabon as their release, if it's a physical release, you bet your ass it has the JAMP logo on it, Jamp has the monopoly of the industry currently with one of the largest magazine publishers under them. From figurine to video games, they have the dominant monopoly of every subset of the anime culture and is currently working with Nintendoos to work on the next best RPG game for their newest digital handheld"

Alex interrupted and said

"Is it called the switch?"

Aya shakes her head

"No..i think it was called gameboy or something, it's similar to our smartphone but with a wider screen"

Alex then said

"So it's like a tablet"

Aya shakes her head again and said

"No...Tablets are expensive, why on earth would someone wants to game on them?"

Alex could only laugh internally at what she said. This world is soo messed up.

" and the final one, Shogakukan Bushiroad, the fastest rising company, with a 2 billion yen revenue and rising, Takayaki Hidemi, a self-made millionaire made card games as the basis of his franchise to create original projects and made them a fair mainstay in the anime and manga industry, maximizing profit using music inhouse system, he already owned another media company called Broccoli, so he knew how to create a proper mix media company in live concerts and various entertainment industry. their industry doesn't just have otaku main industry, their focus is mostly on sports manga and anime while focusing on creating interesting new Unique cardgames, they are mostly a hobby shop that dabbles into the anime industry, they are doing quite well overseas"

Aya wrote a memo at each of the company profiles as she handed it to Alex, she has decided to treat him as her boss, someone to follow, a leader at the very moment he brought down those Yakuza members, it takes a different sort of mentality to destroy a gang and then self-proclaimed to want and change the industry, a small gamble perhaps, but she knew that it was a small gamble that Kyoto Ghoul even achieve any success, and now that they have decided to go for the independent route, she would believe in him, after all, he did say to trust him.

" That's the gist of it Alex, if you're going after Japan's top anime and manga industry, these are the giants you need to face eventually"

Alex read the documents in mere minutes and responded

"That's fine, we begin the first phase right now, regarding any money matters, you don't have to worry, find a suitable home for my family and our office, preferably right at the heart of Sapporo, if there's a building for sale, vouch it for me, I have my own methods not to worry, set up a company under my name, the copies of the documents will be emailed later with my Id and details."

Aya nodded and ask,

" What's the name of our brand new company?"

Alex pondered for a moment and then smile, he thought of a brilliant name

"Just call it Funnymation and we will roll with it"

"Alright then, anything else?"

"Right, one more thing, since we're going for the self-publishing route, find a local company that we could partner with to publish our works exclusively, I want Kyoto Ghoul out there as soon as possible, the first volume, and next week the second, I'll do the second volume by tomorrow, I want a million copies total, that means 500k for each volume, for now, this will do"

Aya wanted to raise her voice for a moment, a million-copy?! He's too insane. This is too much! there's no way they are going to sell a million-copy even in the first month!

"Alex, a million copies is too much"

Alex simply replied with a business proposal-

"It's cheaper to produce more now than incrementally sales, I want the cheapest cost, Production wouldn't be able to keep up anyway, the volume doesn't matter as any local company will probably only hit 500 000 a month, I'm not reaching a 1 million sale in a month, we keep stock of the stuff we couldn't sell, JIT system won't cut it if we're self-publishing, stop thinking like an editor of a magazine and start thinking like a self-publishing Owner. What we keep, we can sell later as the first edition like Comiket, and make it like this"

Alex scribble something on the documents and pass it to her

"70% of the production will be in English, I only needed 30% of the books to be in Japanese, As for the translation? I've already translated the text, there are two manuscripts before you, Identical but one of them is In English and the other in Japanese, if you need a professional proofreader, feel free to make any changes and send it back to me, I'll approve it if it's not too drastic"

Aya just realize that Comiket is coming up soon

"That's right, Comiket, are you entering next month? and why English? what are you going to do with 700k copies of these series in English?"

Alex look at her blankly as if she was joking.

"To sell it to America and Europe, of course, oh..and also South East Asia, South Korea and also Australia, eventually I would like to expand to the middle east as well, Did you really think I'm only trying to sell here? Think big. We're going global and we're going global now"

Aya stood up in a panic

"I..wait, I don't have the necessary knowledge to even work out the logistics!!"

"The logistics will be resolved with Matsutada, not to worry, I'm meeting him at school later to discuss it, there's someone we need to meet anyway"

Aya simply shakes her head

"And you're still thinking of attending Summer Comiket? "

Alex just smile and said it innocently

"Yep!"

"That's impossible, the amount of time and work you need to put in is astronomical, even 1 volume took you a whole month to do it, not to mention a whole series Alex, how's your wrist? didn't it just heal? you don't even have an assistant to help you out!"

Alex looks at his wrist and moves it around as if it was nothing wrong with it in the first place and smiles candidly.

"Who says I don't have help? I have my own ways, besides, the next volume will be solely done digitally. I think the sooner I transition over to technology the faster our production process will be, technique and skill will come with practice"

Aya gave him a quizzical look as she touched her chin and pondered where have Alex heard about digital art, it's a recent addition to the Industry as the tablet was a recent invention. And she heard that the technology is very expensive, and the software is still being developed unless...he made one himself?

"Excuse me, Alex, how do you ...know about Digital Art? the news hasn't even been released, I've heard that several companies are on trials for creating the infrastructure to create the platform, and Alex...your computer isn't exactly state of the art, I've seen the laptop you're using"

Alex show her something from his phone, a simple tablet design with a wired focus to the computer, the tablet was blank and black in color it was matte without any LCD screen design on it, just plastic, it was hand-drawn, she recognize that style of drawing, it was Alex.

" Is it something like this?" 

Aya simply shakes her head and gave the phone back to him,

" No, it was a digital screen just like a smartphone  but bigger and far more expensive since the screen is built-in with touch sensitivity with a stylus pen"

Alex simply scoffs at the notion that this company ignores something very critical in the market. It's not just about professionalism at this point, they are simply alienating the majority part of the whole market.

" What a waste, they could have cornered the whole market, perhaps I'll just have to take it for myself"

Aya look at the picture again, it doesn't even have a screen, and it needs to be connected to the computer, what on earth does Alex see in this simple design, will something like this even sell? she doesn't see the appeal of the item he drew.

"Alex, this design is flawed, it doesn't even have a screen"

Alex simply scoff again at what Aya just said

" Even you can't see it huh? it's alright, I'll create a prototype soon, you will see why my version of the tablet is superior, but ignore that, that's an item for another time, the most important thing is to create the software, I'm sure these companies are using their own in-house application to run the application am I right? I'll create better software than any of these, tomorrow we will begin hiring people, I'll Have Matsutada and his friends help"

Aya gave him back his phone and said

" Alex, is it wise to be doing all of this? Wouldn't it interfere with your school life once it begins in a few more weeks?"

Alex pondered for a moment and said

"School is not the issue here if you're worried about my studies and my manuscript don't be. Here I'll show you, my current level of skill"

 SSS Speed Burst

Able to increase the speed of the action you take, this ability will last as long as the user stamina persist, to increase your stamina please invest in the Vitality stat. speed increment can be increased by 100%, 400%, and 800% speed burst can be used instantly or at a constant time frame.

SSS Gambit

Create the perfect calculative risk in a carefully considered decision that exposes an action to a degree of personal and complicated risk that is counterbalanced by a reasonable possibility of benefit. Assessing whether or not a risk is worth it involves careful cost-benefit analysis and ensuring every risk is successful. This is a passive ability that is active all the time, the Dreamer will have a higher success rate when the odds are against him in the skill-based technique and create the perfect technical workflow.

 

Alex activated the 400% speed burst and soon the pages fly like a photostat machine, a printer that prints Kyoto Ghoul chapters every few seconds, even the ink was still wet but the pages were complete, the artwork is sharp, his penmanship is fast like a martial artist boxing their way in a jab with every page done, it was surreal to watch it, borderline on superhuman strength, What Aya Gozen is watching in front of her is sublime and just incredible.

Is this kid even human anymore? She doesn't know and frankly, she doesn't care. She was simply mesmerized by his technique, All she sees is shock and awe, and reverence towards his work, no other Sensei Mangaka is like him, he's simply too unique. If it's him, he can usher in the new age of manga and animation in Japan after many years of stagnation. She could see him change the industry. In less than 5 minutes, 200 pages were prepared. Some of the inking processes will need to be done if they hired some assistant, but the line art is fairly consistent, there aren't any mistakes.

Alex Kenichi is a god at this, a manga god. 

Aya took every page and inspect every page professionally, she couldn't find any flaw. His technique is simply flawless, some of the art is simply better than what he posted in the competition, this one was simply too good.

" Leave the inking to me, I can have a couple of assistants outsourced for this"

Alex didn't even break a sweat, but he did become out of breath.

"If there's a publisher willing to collab with us other than JAMP, Ask around and see if Kadokawa is desperate enough for some clout, if they are? go for it, as for physical manga? we're self-publishing ourselves, remember that we need a million copies, don't listen to what others say about this, just trust me on this alright? it will blow up, especially this Anteiku business I've got going on"

Aya stood up and packed up the manuscript carefully.

" I'll do it, trust me as well alright? I'll call tomorrow, "

Aya simply left his room studio and left the house leaving Alex to ponder what he will do later on. The morning will be a busy day for him. Matsuda, Kaya Irimi, and Aya are his three subordinates that are proceeding according to his haphazard plan. Before today, he didn't even realize this plan would be even implemented. Whatever the system did it cleared his mind, and right now he could clearly see into the horizon of what he wanted to do.

" To be the next Sony huh? I could take Disneyland if I wanted to at this rate...so why not? the world is my playground isn't that right system?"

Affirmative my Creator. You are the Dreamer afterall.

I  will be with you, every step of the way. Even if you conquer or destroy the world, I would stand by you.

Whatever your decision is, always remember that this is one of many parallel world out there.

"Send me to the mall, I'm buying some stuff for our next project, time is ticking"

............................................

 

In front of the school gate-closed, 10.00 am

"Matsutada, these are your friends? aren't these the guys I've beaten up that day?"

the rest of the guys heard that and flinch, it was the same blonde kid with purple eyes that beaten them up that day, later on, they found out that this was the same guy that started the Anteiku revolution, Whoever those dog mask people, they were also listening to him, the guys in the group heard from Matsutada that this high school kid...was the head and mastermind of all that.

"What a scary kid! we shouldn't mess with him at all! Just obey!"

Alex noticed the fear they were showing him and just smile brightly at them as they flinch, Alex wraps his arm around Matsutada's shoulder, who knows sports a blonde hair just like him, is he trying to imitate him?

"Hey, looks like your friends are  scared of me, have you told them that they too might get a free zephyr as well?"

the rest of them heard that and shouted in sync

"WHAT?! Let's go guys!! woohoo!!"

"come on, we're going to meet an old man and buy off those zephyrs from him"

Matsutada's eyes just blink and sparkled with stars as they said that.

"Oh!! let's go Aniki! free bike!! wooo!!"

 

10 minutes later 

"umm...Aniki...are we really at the right place?"

It was a broken-down warehouse with abandoned bikes all over the place. But it's not the bike they were imagining. It was a bicycle. It was not the Zephyr they wanted. Alex pointed out to the abandoned warehouse with an old man standing there smiling goofily with his big tummy and tropical T-shirt sipping tea on the lawn.

"There ya go, Zephyr bikes, choose it"

Matsutada and the rest of the guys stay silent... They thought they were getting a Kawasaki Ninja Zephyr racing bike. Not Sumino Zephyr the bicycle. Their disappointment was immeasurable. Alex couldn't hold back his laughter and said

"Relax, I know what kind of bike you're thinking, but trust me. These bikes are gonna earn you a hundred Kawasaki Ninja Zephyr, just choose one and follow me, Our business is soon, I better show you the office where we will be operating"

Matsutada can't help but ask what sort of business involves...abandoned bikes

"What are we going to do...exactly Aniki?"

Alex showed him an app

" We're going to deliver...with the help of the Anteiku App I created last night, oh..but it's not just any delivery, We are going to deliver...justice as well"

 

everyone - 

"Eh?"

 

11