Chapter 31 – Corruption and Trends
343 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile - time limit for the Black Dobers is up.

"is it time for you guys to go?"

Kaya nodded towards Alex it's time"

"Alright then, safe travels"

the rest of them were covered in glowing white light they are about to be transported back into their manga world. 

"Kaya, is this really necessary?"

The woman named Kaya simply nodded quietly. This world is too peaceful, far more peaceful than her bleak sordid world, and soon all that would have changed, the new Creator will do it, the Dreamer, he can change the destiny of a world with his pen.

"Kyoto, Sapporo, I've never actually traveled much even as a ghoul, once we're back in our world, remind me to do so, the rally and cries of the people here mirror our sentiments, the people are fed up of being hunted, bullied and taken advantage of, the people simply fought back. It will be peaceful soon, the Creator assured me, He will grant us our wish,"

the other members of the Black Dobers stared at the peaceful city, One of them even started to laugh and said

" It is, I can't wait to get back to our world, Perhaps this time my daughter will have a better time, I hope she will live through a normal life, isn't that something that we can yearn for?"

The rest agreed and nodded, they too look forward to the changes to their world, If today is their last day in this peaceful world of the Creator, today they would leave all of it and come into their own peaceful world, the New Creator said so, all they have to do is have faith in the new god

Kaya even said

" Even if the Creator decided to call upon us again, I wouldn't mind it. If what he said was the truth, if he truly could change our world for the better, I would serve him for eternity, and if he want all of Anteiku, I will try to persuade the rest, including the Tencho Yoshimura san the one-eyed Owl of Anteiku"

Kaya's eyes turned red in ghoul form and stood up straight, it was time.

" Let's go"

"As you command!"

 

And they were no more.

..................................

 

Back in JAMP HQ- Emergency JAMP meeting- 1 week later

"Kameda-san, your recent conduct was rather abysmal, we invested a lot into your Personal finances and growth, and you couldn't even get into the top ten of JAMP?"

Kameda Kura couldn't say anything, it was all that stupid kid's fault, if he didn't exist, they wouldn't have compared his works to theirs, After the competition, He was slandered, ridiculed, and ostracized in the anime and manga community, While his loyal fans stay true to him, they aren't exactly great paying customers, Kameda lashed out on social media, trying to smear Kyoto Ghoul after he found out that JAMP Magazine isn't going to serialize the series but it backfired. The man before Kameda Kura simply show him this twatter post he did that allow things to get out of hand so early in the morning.

Even within JAMP Editorial department, some people simply left the company, angry that this happened in such an institution, there was clearly something foul at play here, These are experienced editors, some stayed but two people left, two veterans of the industry leaders who are at the top of the Editorial JAMP Magazine simply couldn't take this injustice, those two are...the best Editors in the Kanto Region of Japan

One of the Editors of Jamp got up and left the room as he storm out of the room angry and fuming as he shouted at the rest of them,

" This is a waste of time! we should be out there doing damage control! It was a stupid Idea not to sign that kid in the first place! Didn't he win the competition?! why are the Upper suits bothering our work like this?! it doesn't make sense! and you!!"

Kameda san was simply startled as the buff old man pointed at him

" This is supposed to be a fucking shonen Manga Hub!! Safe for work people! It's for fucking Shonen for crying you punks! Did all of you know about this?! and no one did anything?! He's a goddamn NTR artist!! HOW the hell does it even pass the censorship?! who authorized this shit huh?! it wasn't my department that's for sure!"

The other Editors could only stay silent, they couldn't refute him.

" Nanami, are you coming with me? Screw this place! Jamp Magazine isn't what it used to be!"

The woman beside him simply nodded calmly and stood up

" I'm with Hojo sensei, this is getting out of hand, interfering with the Editorial work and our work ethics, I cannot stay here any longer, it's against my principal as well"

The rest of the group started panicking

"the two of you can't just leave!! Where is your loyalty, you bastards!!"

The two of them simply left, while Hojo-san showed the middle finger on his way out. Even though he is an old man almost reaching 70 years old, he is still fit and buff, Nanami was always loyal to Hojo san, being his protege, the two top Kanto region editors in charge of Japan simply left just like that.

The head of the Editorial Department Mrs. Sinomiya could only sigh at what just happened, she looked towards the culprit that started all this dumpster fire, the third rate Mangaka Kameda Kura, He heard that he even had an anime deal with Gainax and wondered how he even gets that deal, now? he isn't so sure. Perhaps there is something wrong with the department. There seems to be corruption, and he as the head of the department isn't aware of it. 

"You posted this didn't you Mr. Kameda Kura? What on earth were you thinking posting something like this?"

The man pointed toward Kameda-san

"This is your problem, You are no longer under JAMP. leave immediately!!"

Twatter post-

@Kamedakura

Has that Stupid Tochigi failed? He didn't even make the cut! haha! what a loser!

20 quote 31 like

OZY Replying to @KamedaKura-

Go Home Sensei Kameda, you're drunk, you need help.

1000 quote 5679 likes 

MasakaMasaka Replying to @KamedaKura-

Does this Ntr loser think he's better than Tochigi sensei? what a joke.

1000 quote 6123 likes 

Gazy144 Replying to @KamedaKura-

this Ntr bastard, get lost.

1000 quote 5432 likes

@KamedaKura-

You stupid bitch! That kid is nothing, Even JAMP decided to not extend their hand, so what if he won the competition? he isn't getting a serialization! Aren't you the idiot? Some Top Editor you turn out to be! hahaha!@AyaGozen

10 quote 3 likes

AyaGozen Replying to @KamedaKura-

 Who are you again?

1000 quote 5675432 likes

Barbri12 Replying to @KamedaKura-

Shots fired! Anteiku assemble! protect our Queen Editor!

1000 quote 9999 likes

 

 

.........................................

What ensues later that day-

The scathing remark came nonstop after that, most of them are from Anteiku. linking videos about how Anteiku actually made a difference even if it doesn't get the green light for serialization for JAMP Serialization. People protested saying it was unfair and there was some sort of politics at play, After several days, There was no sign of JAMP or from Kodansha wanting to sign with Tochigi sensei. Things have gotten worse after that.

People started posting youtube conspiracies, about the secret group of Anteiku cleaning up the streets, helping random people with the simplest things, with that magical app, from random bullying to preventing Racketeering and even domestic abuse, People started to post these videos by the masses, and every single one of them claims to be part of the Anteiku group. It started a revolution here in Hokkaido, and soon at the Heart of the series, even in Kyoto, the movement spread far and wide but only focused on these two cities.

Similar groups started to appear in Kyoto as well, cleaning up the streets from delinquents, bosozoku's, and even the Yakuza working as delivery men patrolling the streets. People are taking justice into their own hands and this has left the police of those two regions in a pickle. Hojo san and Nanami san left their name tags and ID on the table and left without even saying goodbye, the office was in full damage control. Everyone who works at Tokyo HQ right now but it isn't their problem anymore

Hojo and Nanami exited the building of JAMP and walk along the streets when Hojo san hailed a taxi, Nanami was perplexed, they just left and suddenly he had somewhere to be? He was already inside the taxi and is waiting for his disciple Nanami to get in,

" Sensei, where are you going? What are you planning now old man?"

Hojo san just said

"Get in, we're heading to Hokkaido in Sapporo, we're going to see the kid that started all of this"

Nanami simply tilted her head the kid? Nanami thought to herself, he must be referring to the kid that started all of this drama, that Anteiku kid, Alex Kenichi, also known as Tochigi, the author and creator of Kyoto Ghoul, but why is his teacher going to Sapporo just to see the kid? Well, he always has a plan, no matter how obscure it is.

"very well, but you're paying for everything."

Hojo simply shook his head rapidly, this little girl always tries to take advantage of this old man.

" Gah!! I'm just an old man reaching retirement! heck, I don't have a job anymore, I guess I'm really in retirement, ya know what? stop yapping and just get in! the meter is running!"

"Why aren't you using the kid's app? there's this Anteiku drive, the fare is pretty cheap"

Hojo san just shakes his head

"I don't trust these stinking apps, I'm old school. Just get the hell in!"

Nanami san can only shrug and enter the cab, the ride was smooth, the both of them didn't say anything, Up till today she never thought that she would quit her dream job, being an Editor of JAMP Magazine, especially from the Tokyo branch was a dream come true for everyone, but now? she wasn't so sure anymore, after what she witnessed for the past few months, there were a lot of things on how they handle Mangaka's and their works. There's only one word to surmise everything she saw. it was...Sloppy.

" They were careless Sensei, things could have proceeded as usual but the cracks were there, to begin with, sooner or later they will burst and destroy themselves. You simply found a good opportunity to get out didn't you?"

Hojo simply look out the window on his left as they were leaving Tokyo streets on a cab, the cityscape passed them buy with the neon lights started to blare up in the evening lighting up Tokyo in the new cascading glow, He loved this city, but it's time for a change of pace.

" Has anyone told you that no one likes a smartass?"

Nanami simply nodded

" Perhaps, why? does it bother you Sensei?:

"Not at all, that's why you're my student little girl, tell me something I don't know though, How close were you with Aya Gozen?"

Nanami knew Aya, they were in the same batch when they sit in the same class in the same school at University. They even have similar hobbies, Aya writes, and she draws. Albeit one day she did want to collab someday but both of them ended up becoming Editors full time. There were few words to describe Aya Gozen

"She's...Icy, confrontational, Predatorial, and sharp, As an Editor she's top-notch, as a person? I can't really say"

Hojo muttered something

" Is that so? but that's what I ask Nanami, are the two of you close?"

Nanami simply shakes her head, she wasn't close to her, not one bit. She didn't think someone like Aya would have any friends. 

" Okay, no friends huh? got it. well from today onwards, you're going to be her best buddy!! Got that?! Listen here you little shrimp, I want you to be the best friend she ever had!! the very best!! bring out your best Kuudere trait got that?!"

"I..don't..understand why I should do that? I'm a grown 30-year-old woman and-"

"And you're still not married in japan! you shameless girl!! stop talking so much and make more friends! Why do I gotta parent your ass when you're a grown-ass woman!"

"Ugh...sensei, what's the plan? Are we really going to see that kid? what for?"

" Because I have a hunch, a hunch that...he's going to be at the center of the storm. and that kid will be the catalyst, Aya Gozen is his manager, it's only right we pay our respects."

"Why aren't we approaching the kid? Alex Kenichi is just a high school kid, wouldn't making direct contact with the Mangaka artist would be far more beneficial-

Hojo simply interrupted her

"That's where you're in the wrong little girl!, listen here shrimpy, It's Micromanaging 101 again, I'm only going to say this once, schools in session again so listen up!"

Hojo san took out his phone, where he was in a dickscord group, under the channel saying "Anteiku" he showed the number on the group chat, 1 million, the limit of the group, then he showed the left tab, 20 more of the same groups, His sensei joined each and every group, all of them were called Anteiku, from 1-20, all of them full 1 million members, there was something odd with this. some of the groups are nation-specific dickscord groups, It has a country flag beside each group, 1-5 belongs to Japan, then America, Australia, and Newzealand, Brazil, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, the list go on, and on, Britain, India, Canada..there's a whole group of nations of Anteiku out there.

" A kid that could mastermind all of this isn't as simple as you think, you don't just into Lion's den like that, It's not just about Japan anymore, those numbers don't lie, people from overseas are actually following this Anteiku fiasco, who comes up with an app and took the whole Country by storm within a week? I haven't seen any high school kid do that, the way this kid thinks outside of the box is unheard of!"

Nanami was speechless when she saw that number, she too was in one of those groups but she didn't know there had this many members, what is going on here? She couldn't see the big picture.

"Still can't see the bigger picture shrimpy? it's trending, really fast. Unbelievably fast. whatever this kid is planning, it's big, and I want a part of that. Screw JAMP, that's old news now. The manga and Anime industry is about to change and these dumb old foggies still haven't the foggiest idea who the main players are, still playing the blame game with their ho-ho-ho! like anyone gives a rats ass about that"

A glint of madness and euphoria was plastered on his sensei's face, he hasn't seen this old man this excited before, could it be true?

" What do you think Nanami chan? still wanna play nice in the industry? That kid isn't gonna play nice, oh no...He's gonna wreck and rebuild everything from scratch! and I want front row seats when all of this came crashing down!"

The old man was simply too hype to sit still, his burning passion just blazes through his speeches, it even made Nanami a little bit scared.

" It will be glorious!! hahaha!! Just you wait little girl! it will be glorious!!"

"You're so...crazy old man"

Nanami could only fix her glass and look upon the distant stars in the sky, it's going to be a long night for the both of them.

..................................

 

 

At this point in time, Alex Kenichi was simply going forward with his plan while he used the profit from the app to buy a house. It's only one week but he has amassed up to a 67million yen, roughly about 50ok USD dollars, He had bought a house with debit directly and invited His mother and Ueno to move in with him, his sister was simply shocked when he told her about the news.

After all, he didn't even have a book out there, While the series is being handled and printed, Aya assured him that the printing was already in the process. They are going independent distribution and using her contacts with various bookstores around Sapporo, she created a  supply chain for Pre-order and delivery as I advised her on how we would reach the other regions of the world.

"Aya! can you help me with those boxes?"

Aya simply moved towards the boxes elegantly and unpacked it, she doesn't say much but was the content just unpacking the stuff

"Alex, about the new manuscript you're doing right now, will you hold it off around the next Comiket?"

Alex just nodded, that was the plan anyway

" Sure, Kyoto Ghoul will be in production around next week right? hows the printing going? any problems?"

Aya shakes her head and smile while she said,

"No problems at all, so far we have fans guarding the site, seems like the news was leaked that the place is being targeted since we started going Independent, the other Manga publishers don't seem to take this lightly since the publicity we garnered"

Alex understood what she meant, the surprising rise of the Anteiku group and the recent gang fights he was in just cemented him as a prodigy, an outcast, and a rebel of the industry, on one hand, his works are sublime, Kyoto Ghoul was probably one of the best manga that was released recently, and as for his face during the fights? Some speculated it was him,

the police started looking around as he didn't even bother to try and hide it, while there isn't any concrete proof other than the video, he didn't do anything wrong except self-defense, as for those Black Dobers? nobody knew who they were.

"The Black Dobers as you call them have gone silent, what have you made them do Alex? not that I wanted to but in, but as your Editor, I'm worried about you"

"Those guys...are just returning home. Today is the last day anyway"

Alex wasn't going to say anything regarding that, he simply acknowledge that they were part of Anteiku. No Publisher would want to associate with a delinquent like him, yes that's right. He's a delinquent now. branded by society due to one video, it's that type of society, it doesn't bother him though, his family doesn't care so why should he? Aya said that this is how the corporate do business these days, underhanded and quite dirty, he doest minds it one bit, with corporations like this, all he needed to do is to cut into their profits one by one, and sooner or later they will all fall down.

Not like he hasn't been canceled or anything, but it's close, At least the fans are supporting him one way or another.. For the time being, he just needs to focus on his work, He even has a Gofundmyshit account set up to donate towards him so he could release his series Kyoto Ghoul independently, and the money didn't even come solely from Japan, It seems he needs to consider localization as well, He already has a plan for that as well, Does he feel guilty about milking it from everyone? not really. Free money is good. It's all for a good cause after all.

Right now, Alex is cleaning his brand new house together with Ueno, Aya, his sister, and his Mother. Alex's mother didn't quit her job in the bar, she wanted to work there to help out Madam Irene for all the help she's given to us during our trying times, but at least she doesn't need to work two jobs, one as an odd-job worker. Although His father had passed away in the past 3 months, it feels like a long time to him. Must be sentimental about the previous Alex affecting his emotions. 

Alex could only adapt and try to stay calm during this Summer Holiday, it was already the last day of July now. August is approaching, Comiket will soon be here, and he already signed up for it to sell more copies of his series. He will also introduce a new series soon, Her sister invited someone to help him out, a girl named Anya Selztszaya, Of Russian Ukrainian descent, who migrated to Japan to seek a better life. A weird girl unlike her sister. 

The new house was ready and they did a housewarming party today, he met her for the first time and...well, She just arrived here this afternoon and she was...peculiar to say the least. 

" Hiya! so you're Yukari's Onisan yes? you look tough! we should spar one day!"

Alex didn't know how to respond, how do you decline a 12-year-old girl to a spar? and why does she even want a spar with him? Didn't she want to be his assistant? how good is she anyway? Perhaps it's better to refuse her and not take her as his assistant.

"Don't be so hasty comrade, you wanted to refuse, didn't you? try and test me. Do it, you won't regret it"

Alex could only smile at this peculiar little girl, why does she want to fight so much?

" Come into my studio, I'll test you with one of my newer works"

The girl simply bright up at the mention of a new series

" You have new series!! Delighted! I am ecstatic!! you made me a happy devocka today! let me see it!"

"Uhh? devocka?"

Alex could only shake his head as he headed toward his new studio. The place is still part of his home, it wasn't a bad deal bought the house for 17,900,000 yen around 150k USD it was in a good neighborhood near his school in Hakodate, four bedroom 2 bathroom with a 1400 sqft. Not bad at all, it's bigger than my Apartment back in Seattle in the US in my previous world.

He handed her a finished manuscript, something he already did but haven't inked yet. The new series was something he experimented with, it wasn't bought from the System store, it was a short serialization, something original he came up with from his old world, it was his first work in the Marbel industry, while not really a superhero series it's something similar, the title is called Sapporo Rumblers. He altered some parts of the story and made it into an Isekai Genre, He wanted to popularize the Isekai genre that took the Manga and Anime industry in a storm. if there's one genre that's about to change the industry, it's the damn Genre that brought him into this world in the first place, and he would abuse the shit out of that.

Anya looked at the cover, it was colored, the hero of the story was called Rook, The story is about 2 protagonists, Rook the invincible Legendary Leader of the delinquent gang in Sapporo, and a high school washout who time travel to save his girlfriend from being murdered by working with her little sister in order to change the timeline and save her. The main character's name is Yasuhiro. If there's any story that hits home, it's this one. And after what he did with Anteiku, there needs to be a balance in the Underworld after this, what better way than to write about the underworld using the eyes and views of a high school delinquent and the Yakuza?

"Sapporo...Revengers? OOOHHH!!"

Anya's eyes were practically glowing!

Alex could only laugh out loud at this little girl's antics

"Try inking it for me, will you? if you do it, you got the job, I'll even pay you for it. What do you say?"

"Yes! let me do this! I love gangs! fights! a good brawl is a good day! I knew you were cool Mr. Onichan!"

The day of Comiket is approaching, and Sapporo Revengers and Kyoto Ghoul next few volumes will be marketed there. He will make his debut on that day. He can't wait, not to mention, that he's also trying to sell a brand new magazine to compete with JAMP directly. A brand new magazine that he will need the help of another fellow artist, and he already knows who to look for.

 

 

 

8