Chapter 40 – Guerilla warfare bosozoku style
77 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kishimoto-san, the manuscript you sent was great, the first volume will be uploaded on the app and the physical copy will be shipped to those who want direct delivery or direct pickup at Comiket, I've got the booth setup for you and you're gonna love it"

 from the other side of the call, Kishimoto san seems to grunt and said

"It's been a while, and I've been out of practice, you said the inking will be done externally? We're cutting it too close, how are you gonna do it Kenichi-san?"

"Don't worry about it, The inking was done in an hour when it arrived, everything is ready. Are you here in Tokyo?"

"On my way there. Just had to apply for leave for a few days from college, The draft is really rough since I don't have an Editor but I prefer it this way"

Alex just scratches his head and said " I'm working on that, We have a few Editors around from Satelight, Aya my Editor will edit for you until we can assign someone more permanent, The thing with going independent is choices. We are free to choose who to publish with, And I already have a remedy for that"

"That's comforting, I've heard of her reputation in JAMP among the other great Editors like Hojo and Sanomiya, the book cover for One Piece was done by her as well during the launch phase"

This was the first time Alex heard of this.

"Really?"

" Yeah, back when I was submitting my doujin during high school, she was already famous for writing two successful novels and doing advertising and marketing for Jamp Satelight branch here in Sapporo, they call her the super rookie of the Nihon Suisei Era in the Light novel market"

Kishimoto -san then proceed to say-

" After releasing two novels, she quit writing and decided to go full corporate mode and did quite well in the manga and anime scene, lots of the great Shonen manga probably had her help one way or another in the editorial department just like the My world debut for your one shot"

Alex nodded, If she was that talented, why did she quit her novel? couldn't she do both? Does his father's death bother her that much?

" I guess I didn't know much about my own Editor as I should"

Kishimoto grunted and said 

"Dont fret, not many knew at first, I'm just well connected with the other JAMP circles, and ...this is my last year in University, I'm graduating at the end of the year and will focus on my current series, She's the real deal when it comes to spotting issues with quality and plotlines in any manga, If my series gets past her screening and was approved? It will be a success"

Alex raised his eyes and can't help but ask

" That's some confidence you have in Aya"

Kishimoto grunted again and said

" Ano, I don't know if you haven't heard of this but...the title Ice Queen didn't just fly out of nowhere, her rejection rate is around 90%, she doesn't just accept any works. But when she does..."

"It turns into a hit?"

"It turns into a huge hit, Even the Main office in Tokyo values her opinion. Satelight was created just for her. Her uncle recognizes that talent and works with the whole department, what most people don't know...is, while her reviews are successful, most manga artists do not hold to her standards, so much of the series she manages, while they do have great success at first..."

Alex nodded and said

"Reader retention is a different matter, talent consistency, and even luck need to play a big part when creating a masterpiece. "

"Pretty much yeah, but there's also the case of her talent and foresight"

"People in JAMP didn't recruit her immediately into the main branch and created a subsidiary company like Satelight because ...let me guess because she's too talented?"

Kishimoto smiled from the other side of the phone

" Managers don't like it when their juniors are more talented and produce an almost flawless result in the industry, they tried to limit her here in Sapporo. Corporate politics rears its ugly head but her uncle manages to limit that, any series that was greenlighted by her gets bumped up to VIP status and was given to Regional managers directly, those Artists get better care of course, but Aya Gozen remains contractless here in Sapporo"

Alex couldn't help but scoff and said " That's why she doesn't have any artist under her? she's the gatekeeper of JAMP, but she's also their Raid boss kept hidden in a dungeon because the developers thought she was too OP? that's ridiculous."

"You have a weird way of explaining things Kenichi-san but essentially yes, and frankly I don't think she cares for corporate politics and truly wanted to excel as a great Editor"

"Anyway, thanks for telling me all of this, I'll talk to you later soon"

"Sure thing, Ramen's on me when I get to Tokyo, I'll show you the best Shoyu Ramen in Akiba"

There's probably more to this than he knew, It's no use thinking about it. Alex then finishes up the conversation and ends the call with a promise to eat Ramen. Alex wondered if Kishimoto san loved Ramen as much as Naruto does, it's probably some SI version of himself writing that series.

Alex heard this particular news from an interview in the old world that Kishimoto's wife looks a lot like Hinata, but her temperament is actually much closer to Sakura. Alex wondered if he could persuade him to write a harem out of Naruto.

"Wait...since the timeline is different in this world, how would Kishimoto san even find a wife?"

Alex can't help but shake his head and said

"Well, it's probably nothing. The series just started in the first arc, there isn't any romance so far, a little divergence is okay I guess? just treat it like fanfic or something"

 The final touches are done for tonight's secret release. A guerilla marketing under the Anteiku app with collaboration site YouTube and nikoniko to pre-release the first volume of an unreleased manga from Tochigi to the public.

" And all they need to do is watch the live stream and participate in some Japanese subculture depicting a positive light in the Bosozoku scene"

........

What is Bosozoku? People say they are a tribe, a gang of outcasts that rebel against the current society with their loud sounds by removing the muffler of their mode of transportation, the motorbike.

This isn’t Harley Davidson meets Naha. Bosozoku gangs have a history, mentality, and visual identity that is distinct.

Bosozoku style traditionally involves boilersuits similar to those of manual labourers or leather military jackets with baggy pants, and tall boots. This uniform became known as the tokko-fuku (special attack clothing) and is often adorned with kanji slogans. Typical accessories to this uniform are hachimaki, surgical masks, and patches displaying the Japanese Imperial Flag.

Bosozoku members are known for taking a Japanese Road Bike and adding modifications such as over-sized fairings, lifted handlebars shifted inwards, large seat backs, extravagant paint jobs, and modified mufflers. Bosozoku styles take inspiration from American choppers and greasers.

And today, the world will probably start paying attention to that culture.

At least a certain young aspiring mangaka thought so, he clearly hasn't thought this through properly.

*Knock knock*

"Ano- is this thing actually streaming? How do I sound Hiroshi? "

"Sounds like ass, your mom probably set it up for you, let the Sapporo kouhai crew handle the machine, all we gotta do is introduce ourselves"

The Two Bosozoku Captains were clearly unaware they were live streaming on the Anteiku app, nikoniko and YouTube with English subtitles provided by live translation script from the Anteiku app.

Hiroshi started reminiscing about the old days when they just started this outfit.

" I wish the captain could see us now"

Masamune just scoffed and sneered at this accursed camera trying to operate this blasted machine to work. A bunch of dinosaurs trying to use a camera. None of them are digital savvy.

" yeah he would, maybe he would even know how to fix this blasted camera"

Hiroshi just laughed at him and said

"oi, Baka! - don't you know how to operate this?"

Hiroshi went mad and lashed out at his friend with a Parang and brandished it willy-nilly slicing the air menacingly, totally unaware that all of this was broadcasting live 

"Masamune,  urusai na ahoge! you do it if you think you know how to operate this shit!"

"you shup up kuso oyaji ! (Smelly uncle)"

Masamune rose in temper and said 

" Oyaji?!!(uncle?!!) Fuck you, you son of a fuck!" 

" Oi! Pay attention to the camera! "

Masamune squats down with an annoyed face grumbles along and looks at the Camera and the app, there is a red light shining away, but he doesn't know what he's doing, so he doesn't know if red means recording or red just means standby..Red could mean anything to the uneducated fool.

 but since he doesn't know how to operate the app or the camera, he just nodded sagely just to spite Hiroshi and said

"naruhodo...naruhodo..I got it"

Hiroshi gave him a stare and asked

"Huh? Nani? what?"

Masamune just shrugged and said "No clue"

"Oi!" 

"We're totally not streaming I think. I have no idea what this red light means, so no fucking clue, Ask one of the kouhai and see if they know how to operate this, Ahhh...I give up, Tsukareta na.. yabai( I'm tired... fuck) ...wanna get some beer? Kuso Yarou? (Smelly asshole)"

"What about the commission we needed to do?"

Masamune just shrugged it off and said "Ayyy, we got the money ne? wired through my atm just this evening, Let's just do whatever, race you Kyoto Bastards down the Sapporo highway!"

Hiroshi just smiled and laughed " Haha! kono yarou! Oreno(My) Zephyr won't lose to your crappy Suzuki!"

"Oi! yamero! don't you talk back about my Suzuki you gomi! ( trash!) I'll end your reputation live on stream!"

The two were arguing about whose bike was better when suddenly the rest of the crew came with their bikes, loud and blaring out their horns as the peace for soon disturbed by the biker gangs of Japan, they were out on full force, a hundred bike humming and buzzing their loud engines.

 

Odawara region Spectre, the Black Empire from Shinjuku, even the famous Nina Mona bike club and the Rising Sun clan are here. the biggest and most notorious Bosozoku biker gangs are congregating here. 

What is happening right now? Hiroshi thinks that this might not be a simple stream itself, whoever organizes this might want to do something big..something that is about to be revealed soon.

as soon as the crowd gathered everyone's phone was alerted at the same time, and a message came in through a private channel

" 100 000 yen to those who are able to solve these minor problems- "

each bosozoku group receive their very own mission with a payment slip, some range from 100 000 yen to 200 000 yen, lucrative would be quite the understatement since these groups are delinquents within the age range of 16-17 still in high school but highly volatile and violent one of the group from the Spectre Branch here in Hokkaido said

"It's a quest, I've seen this sort of stuff in those otaku in my class called RPG just like Dragonquest. It's a mercenary job. mine said to go to Hakodate, we could probably arrive there in an hour if we drive at top speed, I'm asked to teach some wife-beater a lesson and stream it online..heh! "

The leader of the Spectre seems to be raised in anger when he reads the details of the quest..child abuse and forced child labor. Something that doesn't sit right with any society, especially the Japanese. Not after the war ended. 

" This...bastard!...Kono Yarou! We have a child abuse case here!! Spectre! we're moving out and driving to Hakodate nonstop! if anyone stops us blew them up! even if it's the police! this guy gets buried today!"

"OoooHHH!!"

 the rest of the spectre group departed swiftly and drove away, leaving the meeting place with the leader priming the camera for the live stream and the screen went red. Chat was enabled and lots of people flooded the chat but the Leader of the Spectre group ignored it and drove off immediately. Whatever task they receive seems important.

Soon, the rest of the group left,

Black Emperor received a task to apprehend a group of guys harassing an old lady so she would sell her land for the developer in the Kitami region, they departed and left the scene. 

Soon it was Hiroshi and Masamune's turn to receive their quest. the message came via SMS using an encrypted number. 

the task was written as follows

" Help a teacher seek justice against a group of delinquents from blackmailing him, failure to complete this quest will end the Teachers career. The Teacher's name is Eichiro and is currently taking care of his sick mother and two little sisters by himself. 

Eichirou is 27 years old, single and stays alone with his family in a family Apato when a group of delinquents in his school set him up with an incriminating picture with a minor, this is all a setup, of course, to get the teacher expelled, Please sufficiently instil the will of violence within these group of delinquents and stop them from circulating the picture, time is of the essence. Location Hokkaido hakkodaten Highschool - "

Hiroshi and Masamune receive the same quest so their payout if this is successful is 200k yen. That's 1500 USD.An easy job and the requirement needed was for them to stream the injustice.

"Seems like we have ourselves a mission, think this is some sort of scam? I mean...I know we received the introduction money and all" said Hiroshi skeptically but Masamune stopped and said

"The man ...he ...he has a mother to take care of and two sisters...doesn't that remind you of...our former captain?"

the two pondered for a moment and thought of their former Captain from the Sapporo Avengers.

The similarities of their predicament were too uncanny. Hiroshi nodded and said 

" Back then..we were just a bunch of rotten kids, We couldn't help him, but maybe through this teacher we can finally pay it forward" said Masamune,

" But don't you think it's strange? Why would our former captain even need help? He's strong. The strongest in the prefecture. Which asshole got the guts to threaten him? "

Hiroshi asked pondering for a moment if this was actually their former captain

"Could he be someone else?"

Masamune glares back at Hiroshi and barks out his rage " Aho!(Fool!) Think for a second, he's a teacher now! Gotta follow the law and shit! I bet he's getting blackmailed!"

Hiroshi became angry, and the rest of the kouhai from the back listening in started to get rowdy and became angry as well when they heard that one of them was being blackmailed, Nobody messes with one of them, even if they already quit and went legit. The Sapporo Avengers takes no shit from no one, especially from blackmailing scumbags.

" Taichou, we gotta help your former captain," one of the younger members of the Avengers said

"Yeah, I was blackmailed by a bully once, if it wasn't for you Taichou, I bet none of us would be here"

Masamune nodded as well, the new generation had some spirit

" If it weren't for Captain Eichirou, I wouldn't be here as well" 

Hiroshi knew what he needed to do and said 

" You're right... it's what our former captain would wanted. It's why he created this group so that people won't be oppressed, so kids won't feel so helpless anymore and could do something about it with the backing of a clan...our clan!"

"We're raiding this motherfuckers tonight! Sapporo Avengers ikimasho!'

the rest of the groups became hyped and shouted "ooohraaaa!"

"Sapporo Avengers! Banzai!" 

...................

A few dozen men on bikes flooded the streets of Tokyo and phone cameras were flashing away as an unconventional scene was happening right here in the night streets of Tokyo.

The bosozoku chapter from the Kanto alliance, Jeong Suk is currently riding towards a small ramen shop near Tenkaichi Street near Kabukicho.

The person was the infamous Tochigi. Jeong Suk saw the video where his men took out the Yakuza gang members from Hokkaido wearing a mask.

Curiosity mostly. He isn't doing it for the money. Getting a sudden call from a former follower of his Captain was certainly a surprise since these days after graduating from high school, he own a repair shop and stop his nightly gang activities with the biker gang.

But this time? This time... Was different.

The crowd parked over under the bride all two dozen of his Tenkaku gang. Jeong Suk told his men to just stay back and went alone

" Any problems just call me, I wish for some privacy with this person"

His underling bowed and took the burner phone "Taichou, we will guard this area"

He gave his nod and walked inside the ramen shop, A few onlookers were startled as he came in with his blazer and biker gang motif clothing. The big logo and sign of Tenkaku

He saw a blonde young man, eating ramen by himself in the table. He must him, Tochigi. He didn't think that the Tochigi would actually be this young. A half? 

" Are you Tochigi?  Jeong Suk of Tenkaku from the Tokyo Alliance"

The boy just smiled and said " Jeong Suk?... Are you Korean? " (Jeong Suk? Hangug salam ielyo?)

" Ye, hangug-desu... Eh?"

Jeong Suk accidentally speaks in half Korean mixed in with the desu. It sounds awkward and weird but the boy just laughed and said

" I'm messing with ya haha"

The boy wiped his hand off and gave him his hand for a handshake

"Alex Kenichi, son of Suzuki Kenichi, I'm also Tochigi the manga author. Nice to meet you Jeong Suk"

Jeong Suk took his hand and shook it, strong... He doesn't even flinch when he presses on it. This Alex kid doesn't seem to mind.

" I've heard from my Senpais, you're looking for me, why?"

Alex pondered for a moment before saying

" How would you like to be a character in my manga series? Oh... And it's about to drop tonight. We have a few hours before it will launch so decide before I'm done with my dinner, and also..."

Alex sat down and continued to eat his meal

" You're gonna help me sell it" 

Sorry, this story is kinda in a semi-hiatus mode. I am not a very good writer. This was my first attempt at writing a brand new story and the idea implementation and topic it touches upon is very research-heavy. Much of the intricacies of the manga industry are not something I'm good at translating to words, English is my second language, so there are some hiccups in grammar and some tonal issues in writing naturally. I took a year off to practice writing other stuff only on my own and there's also real-life stuff like health issues. Will I come back to this story in the future? maybe. Until I can comfortably write on the subject matter perhaps I will try again. In the meantime? I will be posting another story. It will be fanfic so the subject matter isn't too hard and there's reference. When will I be posting that? When November ends. Thank you for taking the time to read this awful story. But I'm still glad I wrote this. It was my first.

 

2