Chapter 10: The heavenly light
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A petite young woman in white clothes appeared, and her hair was also white. So this was the angelic being I had only read about in the books. She had a charming and soothing voice. ''I have been waiting for a very long time for you to appear in this forest,'' the angelic being said in a calm tone.
The bright light around the being decreased in strength and now disappeared completely. The being pointed her fingers at Onaki and me.

''Come with me both of you. The crystals must be held in the heavenly light before we recite the spell,'' she said and started walking. We didn't hesitate for long, looked at each other, and nodded with determination.
We followed the angelic being who cleared the path of plants for us. A few meters ahead of us was a shrine, the floor of which was made of ancient stone. Arrived, the angelic being asked us to take our Merthyl crystal items out of the bag. Without questioning it, we finally did what the being asked of us.
Onaki and I were now to put on the items. When we accomplished that, the being asked us to step on the strange stone floor with an antique pattern and stand on it. At first, nothing happened, and we thought something was wrong with our Merthyl crystals. Ten seconds passed, then 20 and then 30.

Both crystals suddenly started to react and glow before I could say anything with impatience and impulsiveness. They vibrated and magically attracted each other as if some attraction existed around the two crystals. Then out of nowhere, a beam brighter than 1000 suns shone down on us and hit the two crystals. The angelic being began to give us instructions and recite the spell.

''O Lord of men, grant us your power to those who truly believe in your power. Give us a part of your power, and let us unite with you!''
, said the angelic being, and we spoke after her. After speaking the sentence, this light that was already almost causing blindness stopped. The ring and the necklace also no longer wanted to attract each other. Was it now accomplished? Could we now fight the high council, I thought inwardly until the being spoke to us again.

The crystals are now a part of you, and only you can use them. The power you have gained is like the highest power of the authorities. However, it would be best to learn to use it in a controlled manner. Stay here in the Inazuma Forest for a few days and fight against beasts to use the power you have from now on,'' said the angelic being, instructing and warning us.

I would have liked to go and confront the high council right now, but that would have only meant my death. I decided to keep a cool head and, together with Onaki, bowed to the angelic being with thanks. One thing finally reassured me, and that was that we had now gained a perspective of victory. Thanks to the fusion with my necklace, my body also felt more robust now.

The same was true for Onaki. I tried a spell that I once read in a book. I tried it before, but nothing happened. But now. "O Lord of the Underworld, lend me your all-cutting and all-burning blade.... Hellblade!'' I shouted, and a tremendous heat arose in my hand. A sword of blue flames formed in it.

Onaki was amazed and cheered me on. I struck a blow against one of the giant trees as a test. My actual target was just the one tree, but I cut dozens and hundreds of such trees that stood behind my target. I thought this was a powerful spell to myself, but it also seemed to consume a lot of stamina. I could only make a single strike with it and collapsed shortly after, gasping.

''Huff... It's not that simple. Onaki, you try it too!'', I called out to her and encouraged her to use a spell as well. ''O Lord of the Oceans, grant me your power and create an unstoppable wall of water that washes away everything and everyone.... Holy water!" Shortly after she dictated this spell, a huge wall of water, bigger than any tsunami, appeared and washed away all the trees and plants by the water pressure formed.

One of these trees was certainly 100 meters tall, and yet none of the trees in the path of the wall of water held up. However, Onaki also collapsed shortly after she cast the spell. It took us some time to get used to the strain and strain of the spell. After all, there existed other powerful spells that we would need in the fight against these creatures.
''Until you are ready, you can stay in this old abandoned hut. It was my home before I died. It should still be in good condition today. I will revisit you in a few days to see how far you have come with your spells,'' said the voice of the angelic being and disappeared in an echo, along with her body.

So she was a spirit that watches over the forest here from time to time. I would love to visit her grave, would she have one. Drifting from my thoughts back to the present, I told Onaki that we should rest now and went to the hut the angelic being spoke of. Onaki then followed me into the hut.

The hut was equipped with everything possible, with a bathroom, a kitchen, and a bedroom. However, there was only one bed, and there were two of us. Ashamed, we lay next to each other, stiff as a thick log and flushed like a tomato. Onaki was already quite pretty, I thought to myself and still tried to cast my gaze in the other direction, as I was uncomfortably embarrassed.

2