Chapter 15: Facing Death
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eight days have passed since the angelic being welcomed us here in Inazuma Forest. It was hurriedly time that we went on the way. Suddenly this bright light appeared again, right in front of the old hut. It was the angelic being. She came to check on our progress. ''Let me see a sample of your progress,'' the angelic being said in a heavenly voice. We stepped out of the hut and began as well. Onaki demonstrated her many attack spells, and I showed mine. By now, we have maintained all the spells at a reasonable level.

We mastered the newly learned healing spells at a reasonable level and could use them in an emergency. ''You guys have progressed a lot. The time spent training here in Inazuma Forest was completely worth it. If you are ready, I will now transport you to where your brother and the last hostage are.'' the angelic being said to us in a heavenly and instructive voice. We were ready and held up an affirmative position and nodded. The angelic being raised her hand and cast a teleportation spell.

In the blink of an eye, we were teleported in front of the entrance to the Council of Demons. The place we were in was utterly gloomy, barren, and gray. It was a place made for demons. We looked around cautiously and recognized a large gate a few steps ahead of us. The entrance led into a massive hall held up by several pillars for support. A sound could be heard. It was the hissing of several flames distributed around the arena, providing a source of light. We looked around cautiously and could identify a figure at the end of the hall.

It was the being I saw on the monitor in Altravessa. The being turned to us, laughing and applauding. So you let eight people die, and then you dared to come here,'' the creature replied cynically and coldly. It then pointed with its witch hands at my brother, who was still attached to the stake. You could see the ten stakes as seen in the monitor. On eight of the piles were hanging lifeless bodies disfigured in cruelty. In two of them were my brother and another hostage, still alive.

''Where are the merthyl crystals? If you hand them over to me, I will let you escape with your lives. Otherwise, you will all die now!'' this creature shouted at us in such a demonic voice that the whole skin on both of our bodies shook. Now was no time to freeze in fear, so I punched myself in the pit of the stomach to come back to reality. ''We are the Merthyl Crystals now. We have united with them to kill you and the entire high council and free you from this world!'' I shouted, determined and enraged that he had gouged out my brother's eye. The high council being grinned in response and magically drew me to him with an invisible attraction.

I prepared my hellblade in the air and struck the blow. ''Before we knock each other's heads out, it would be appropriate to tell you my name first, wouldn't it? I am called Ivern Glavur. I am responsible for the executions of the global world, you know? Do you realize how many people have died because you waited?'' Ivern replied, laughing diabolically from the bottom of his heart and creating a shock wave with his arms that threw me at one of the columns in the hall, damaging the column. Gasping, I tried to straighten up, and when I made my lookup, I saw Ivern right in front of me and grinning. Ivern was thoroughly bent on killing me agonizingly and, most importantly slowly, you could tell by his pitch-black and empty eyes. ''Huff... and so what, I will avenge everyone! And I won't let you kill my brother! Onaki now!'' I shouted to Onaki, who was preparing her powerful lightning spell and firing it the moment I called out to her. Everything happened in just a few seconds, and an explosion occurred as a result.

A cloud of black smoke covered the whole hall, and I had to cough, gasping as a result. Had we caught him? Was he dead? These thoughts flowed through my head. After a few seconds, the smoke cleared, and Ivern could be seen standing unharmed in front of me. It even yawned to provoke me. ''You'll have to think of something more clever to finish me off,'' said Ivern, the creature of the high council, mockingly and sarcastically, and grabbed me by the neck with his hand. His nails pressed lightly into my neck and pierced the skin. Blood dripped down the hand of Ivern. Barely able to speak, I shouted ''Equilibrium,'' and a barrier was created, pushing Ivern off of me. The tight grip on my neck made me cough and gasp at first. However, Onaki did not stand idly by and cast another lightning spell of double strength. This time the Ivern dodged it, as this spell was too strong. ''Wait your turn. First, I'm going to get this kid, you hear me, little one?", Ivern laughed mockingly.

Ivern came up with an idea to make things even more exciting. ''Let's see what your pathetic brother has to say, shall we?'' With a snap of his fingers, Ivern brought my brother over. ''Aramoto, I'm sorry. You shouldn't have come here. Run away!'' my brother shouted desperately at me, and out of nowhere, Ivern's hand pierced my brother's chest. He spat blood and looked at me, with his eyes getting smaller and smaller until they closed completely.

''Kishimoto! No!'', angry and full of hatred, I charged at Ivern with my hell blade, but before I could do anything, that monster held my brother's body in front of my nose. For this reason, I broke off the attack and distanced myself. My brother hung motionless and still bleeding from the wound in the hand of Ivern of the high council.

 

2