Chapter 17: A new Danger
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were still in dangerous territory. The land we were in was the land of demons. We had to be careful not to be discovered by them. We dug several pits near the high council hall and buried the deceased people. I said goodbye to my brother and said a prayer. Why did he have to die? Why wasn't I strong enough to save him? These thoughts played in my head like an endless loop. I was just too devastated because I couldn't prove myself useful even in this new life. This was frustrating for me.

I had to change. Otherwise, I would only lose important people. To guarantee Onaki's safety, I had to grow out of myself. The last hostage who survived told us that there was also a tiny peaceful village near this demon land. He wanted us to lead him there and go underground for now. ''What is your name, survivor?" I asked him coldly. He looked at me nervously and politely introduced himself. ''My name is Rohan Kawamatsu, it's a pleasure to meet you!'' he answered me kindly. I kept silent and just gave him a slightly smiling nod in response. Rohan knew his way around since he came from this peaceful village he told us about. Everywhere we stepped, there were withered plants and ruins. We walked along with the ruins, and as we passed them, a vision of a city appeared to me. However, it was not mine, and it was not the city Onaki came from. It was a strange city filled with life. This sight reminded me of Altravessa, except that this city was not in the center of the desert. There were crowds everywhere and stores where merchants seemed to be selling something.

As if from nowhere, the same aura spread as in Altravessa and engulfed the city. This land must have been an ordinary land and free of demons in the past. I would love to know where these beings called the high council came from. Passing the ruins, we arrived at a relatively dense forest. This forest was teeming with animals and creatures I didn't know. Fortunately for us, there were no beasts that resembled Ursus or Hibiscus. Only small animals were gathered around the forest. ''Look, the forest is clearing!" shouted Onaki excitedly and ran a little ahead of us. As soon as Onaki caught up, the village of Demis appeared. They were people with animal characteristics who lived here in this village. The Demis were not attacked because they were powerful and knew how to defend themselves.

Going to war with the Demis would only lead to losses on both sides, Rohan explained to me. The Demis welcomed us with great joy, and we were allowed to stay in their village for a while. We had food and a roof over our heads every day. Two weeks have passed since the death of my brother. Onaki and I trained during this time and made very significant progress. I perfected my Hell Blade, and you perfected your Thunderbolts of 1000 Storms. We were now able to use reinforced versions of the skills throughout. Along the way, we learned how to use several ranged attack spells from the Book of Spells we took from Inazuma Forest. We must be prepared to be sought out and soon found. We needed an elaborate plan to overthrow the entire high council. This corrupt world needed to be freed from us. We were now one with the Merthyl Crystals, after all.

In a distant land, a voice rang out. It was the voice of the king from the high council. ''So Ivern has been eliminated. Razul, I charge you with the task of searching for these two people who have now become the Merthyl Crystal. Kill them mercilessly. They are a threat to our existence.'' the king shouted snubbed through his palace, which was located on the Thunder Mountains. ''Yes, your majesty. I will go in search of them and eradicate these worms,'' replied Razul Menderes in a cold and convincing voice. He left the palace without saying a word, taking ten beasts of the demons with him. ''Search for these two people in every human city. If any of you find them, alert me immediately, and I will teleport to you,'' Razul replied to the beasts with a clear command. ''Yes, sir Menderes,'' they answered him and all at once split up assuming different directions. Razul then grinned diabolically and could already imagine pictures of how he would dismember us one by one.

2