Chapter 19: The Battle Begins
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new day dawned. One of the Demi girls woke us up and called us to breakfast. ''Good morning, Onaki,'' I told her and had to yawn. ''Good morning,'' she replied to me and kissed me on the cheek.
Walking down the stairs, we could spot the Demis' family already waiting for us. We sat down at the table with the family and thanked them for the food. There were rice balls this time. We prayed once more before eating and laying off.

''Demon beasts have been searching the neighboring lands for you, and there have been casualties. It won't be long before they get the idea to look for you in this village as well. It would be best if you talked to the village elder about it,'' said the father of this family. Our food got stuck in our mouths, and we were horrified by this news. Damn, so it's coming soon. I'm not sure we're ready yet. We need some help. ''Thank you so much for informing us about this. We will ask the Demi's village elder for help. Your village is also in danger with this. We are sorry about that.'' I answered him thankfully. ''You are our friend. Don't worry. We won't abandon you,'' the father answered me confidently and firmly. The Demis were a powerful race and had mastered many powerful spells that were even equal to our spells. If we joined forces, the chances of success would not be so small.

The meal finished, we left the Demis' house and headed for the village elder to talk to him about the problem at hand. The village elder seemed to be waiting for us already because it was already on everyone's lips that the high council sent its demon beasts to innocent towns. ''Dear Aramoto, dear Onaki. We know about evil. They will probably have the village searched for you soon as well. We will not sell you. You have our word!'' the Demi village elder answered me even before asking him for help. We had powerful and loyal allies.

''Aramoto, do you hear me? It is Brahm. I am speaking to you through telepathy right now. I, too, will do my part to protect you. I am following everything in the distance. The angelic being who teleported you will also teleport me to you as soon as it starts,'' I suddenly heard in my head. So Brahm was watching us from a distance all the time. That's good. With him, we have another strong ally on our side. I couldn't stifle my grin. Not only did we get much stronger over time, no, but we also have a whole village of Demis and Brahm on our side. The worries that we would lose were all but gone. ''Prepare yourselves! We could be attacked at any time,'' I firmly replied to the Demi's tribe. ''No one will die this time because I will personally see to that. ''Just come here, demons of the high council. We will destroy you!'' I shouted with motivation and determination to the crowd cheering me on. Onaki stood by my side, also determined to win the inevitable battle with the high council.

''Aramoto. We avenge all the people who lost their lives. No one will have died in vain,'' she told me, holding my hand tightly. Suddenly Rohan came running at us with a frightened expression. ''Listen up, everyone! An aura is spreading around our village. They are here!'' he shouted out of breath and gasping. ''That fast? Yet I thought we would have had at least a few more days to prepare. ''Brahm, can you hear me? They are here. Get your ass over here, quick old sack!'' I shouted into the crowd, having no idea how to use telepathy. The threatening aura was now in the village, and out of it came all ten demon beasts and Razul Menderes.

With menacing steps, he approached us and immediately recognized who we were. ''So you are the Merthyl crystals. Listen to me carefully, villagers of Demis. Give me these two people, and your village will be spared,'' he coldly shouted to the entire village. ''The people here are our friends! We would never sell them to you!'' the Demis called disapprovingly. ''Just as I thought. Then die all together!'' called Razul and prepared an explosion spell. Before he could fire it, Brahm appeared and held the hand he was about to fire his attack at us. ''Long time no see, Razul. You are still playing the tyrant doesn't suit me!'' he replied to Razul and broke his arm. ''What are you doing? Attack them, beasts of demons!'', Razul shouted in pain and broke free from Brahm's grip to regenerate his arm. ''You traitor, I was going to hunt anyway. It is very convenient for me that you would show up here, Brahm.'' Razul then replied bloodthirstily and lunged out to attack with his arms creating a shockwave of cuts.

The demon beasts fought with Demi's villagers. Onaki and I supported the villagers in this. Just one of the demon beasts was far superior to the Alpha Hibiscus. This made things much more dangerous. I summoned my perfected Hellblade and gave one of the demon beasts a deep cut in the stomach. However, it quickly regenerated. The demon beast countered with a fire breath. ''Equilibrium!'' I shouted reflexively, protecting not only myself but everyone around me as well. I also perfected this spell and used it over a larger area.

2