Chapter 25: A new Ally
18 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the victory against the Alpha-Ursus, we convinced the agent enough to allow us to talk to the president. ''The round-the-clock watching will no longer be necessary. You saved our city from the attack of the Alpha-Ursus. If you were part of the high council, you would have taken advantage of the opportunity,'' the agent said to us. ''So can we talk to the president now? It's about the upcoming war.'' I answered the agent. ''Please follow me, I will lead you to him,'' he replied to us and started walking. We passed some houses until we arrived at a mansion that was surrounded by a fence. There, then, resided the president of the state of Kemono.

He opened the gate to the building and asked us to enter. As we entered, we could see a luxurious mansion. There was even a pool in the mansion. And in the pool, the president was already waiting and grinning. ''So you are the saviors. You are welcome!'' he told us and sipped his cocktail. He was completely relaxed and seemed carefree. ''Excuse me, I must come across as very arrogant. Surely you are here for a reason? What brings you to me?''
''Mr. President of the Demis, there will soon be a war against the high council. The whole thing will escalate into a world war. We need your help,'' I answered him in a solemn voice. I feared that he would not believe us and was therefore prepared to hear a refusal. ''So, war with the high council, you say? World war? It all sounds very dystopian, don't you think?'' the president started laughing and continued sipping his cocktail. ''But it's true, they want to retaliate, and they're after Onaki and I,'' I replied, slightly irritated, stamping my foot against the ground.

''Why do they want to retaliate? And why are they after you? Have you done anything wrong?'' the president wanted to know, curious. Brahm changed from his human form to his true form. ''You should know me, I betrayed the high council back then, and they have been looking for me ever since. It would be best if you believed the children because I was there when Razul Menderes tried to exterminate the small Demi village in the land of the demons. They are only after the two children because they have now become part of the Merthyl Crystal,'' Brahm answered him with a very serious look. The president pondered a little. ''I understand. But in a world war, we can't win alone. We need allies.'' the president replied and got out of the pool, now taking the situation very seriously. ''We already have an alliance with the Zenith Kingdom. With you guys, we have gained a significant ally. We were also going to visit Igdrasil later and win them over,'' I replied to him.

''Very well, then we support you. But when is this war going to occur?'' the president asked us, puzzled. ''On the day of the demon moon. Because on that day, their powers rise to the maximum.'' Brahm replied to the president, turned back into his human form, and sighed. ''In a war, there are no winners, only survivors,'' Brahm said in a shaken voice. Brahm still remembered the time when he was murdered in the name of the high council, and that sent a cold shiver down his spine. ''You're right. If it were up to me, I would want to avoid a war,'' the president replied sympathetically. Now that we could convince the president, we left his estate and headed back to the hotel. We also arrived back at the hotel after walking a few steps. ''How long do we have before the demon moon appears?", Onaki asked us curiously. ''That should be about six months,'' Brahm answered him. ''Then let's continue training during that time. Maybe guild orders are very good for that,'' she replied to us.

''We can start doing rank S missions tomorrow. Not only are they difficult, but they also give us very high rewards,'' I replied to Onaki and Brahm. ''But we must not lose sight of our goal. After all, we still have to go to Yggdrasil and convince the king there,'' Brahm answered me and then went to his room. It was night again and time to sleep.
Onaki and I also lay down again and cuddled together. ''We'll get through this whole thing, Aramoto. And then we'll get married!'' she replied to me, laughing and completely optimistic. ''Yes...we'll get through this. Even though I could hardly breathe with worry, I kept thinking that. ''You're right. We'll get through this. After this, I will marry you, I promise. Sleep well, Onaki,'' I answered her and closed my eyes. My thoughts began to slow down until they stopped, and I fell asleep.

2