Chapter 27: The Destroyer
15 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I concentrated my breathing and recited the Rain of Fire spell in the catacombs while the barrier protected me and Onaki. It was a concentrated form of that technique and it burned every single one of those snake aspirants in the perimeter. ''Huff... That was extremely close, we could have been killed. We can't be too careless, Onaki!'', I replied to her, huffing and puffing. The snake contenders all burned to the tiniest particle of ash and there was nothing left of them. ''Now the snake demon is still missing. He should be waiting for us at the end of the catacomb,'' Onaki replied to me with a serious tone. Cautiously and composedly, we made our steps in the catacombs. Slowly but surely, a groan and hiss sounded. The sound was like something out of a horror movie.

When we reached the end of the catacomb, it opened into a kind of large hall. The hall was enveloped by fire chandeliers, which lent the room its brightness. One could now perceive a huge figure that had several heads. Next to the serpent demon, there was another serpent guardian. ''There are two of them... Listen, we'll split up. I'll take care of the snake demon and you take care of the snake guardian. Can you handle that, Onaki?'' I answered her with an excited smile and ready to face death. Onaki nodded ''Agreed, take good care of yourself!'' ''You too,'' I replied to her and rushed at the snake demon while Onaki faced the snake guardian from afar.

''Dozens of other heroes have come before you and they have left their lives here. What makes you so special, you tots?'' the snake demon replied sarcastically with a demonic voice color and started laughing. ''So others have also accepted this mission? Then this Snake Demon is really dangerous!'', I shouted to Onaki and prepared my Hell Blade with my Mana Sword. Onaki was fully focused on the serpent guardian and fired her explosive lightning with her bow. A cloud of smoke formed, I wonder if she had made it? I couldn't care any more because I had my hands full myself. So I swung my hellblade at the serpent demon and thought for a moment I had wiped him out, but appearances were deceiving. He intercepted the Hellblade with his big mouth and held it so tightly that I couldn't get my mana sword loose. Then he let out a loud roar whose sound waves spread in all directions and cut every obstacle, even hitting me lightly on the shoulder. I therefore let go of the sword and distanced myself. The snake demon spat the sword far out of my reach.

So I could no longer use the mana sword to stand against this monster. I would be very interested to know if I am dealing with the destroyer himself. It would be a great disappointment if that were not the case,'' the snake demon replied, bored but hopeful. You will experience a disappointment with me, I am not a destroyer, only a hero on the way through,'' I called to him answering. At the same time, I conjured my fire rain spell in concentrated form and focused on the snake demon and his huge body. His neck was my target. Done! My spell hit him directly, even he couldn't survive this attack. Anyway, those were my thoughts. He was unharmed and to provoke me as well he was still yawning. ''You are really boring, I think I'll end this game right now.'' the snake demon answered me mockingly and prepared a huge attack.

Onaki and the snake guardian were still fighting with each other. The snake guardian was very close to the snake demon in terms of power. Because of this, Onaki could not finish her fight as quickly as originally thought. The snake contender spat a corrosive acid at her, but before the acid could reach Onaki, she enveloped herself in the protective spell. However, the acid etched away most of the barrier and her clothes came to harm. ''Huff... She's really strong... I'll have to think of something!'' she replied while I cast my protection spell to ward off the snake demon's huge attack.

2