Chapter 22: The Alliance
20 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Leaving the cave, we made our way back to the village. Nakasone, meanwhile, woke up in my arms, but he was probably still too weak to walk by himself. For this reason, I continued to carry him in my arms through the forest. It did not take long, and we arrived again in the village. Everyone was already waiting for our return, and the boy's parents ran up to us and thanked us for our bold action. ''He is still weak from the sleeping spell of the demon that kidnapped him. But he should be back on his feet quickly,'' I told his family. ''We have to be more careful. Since Ivern Glavur was killed, the demons in the land have become more restless and tend to act rashly.''
 
This made me wonder, how were we going to protect the village from more attacks like this? Then the idea came to me to build a high wall of reinforced wood around the village. That way, no demons could enter the village unnoticed. We should start to build a protective fence around the village,'' I said to the village elder. He agreed with me and gave me a nod. We went into the forest, cut down the trees, and processed them into several boards. This also cost us a lot of time, because two more weeks passed.
 
When we gathered enough wood, we started to cast a protective spell on all the boards. This way, we strengthened the wood, which could withstand much more. Of course, a gate to enter and leave this village could not be missing. Finished was the protective wall that enveloped the village. It was time to discuss the next steps with the village elder. I wanted to know how we could contact the Zenith Kingdom. ''Do we have to travel to the kingdom, or is there another way to contact the king?" I asked the village elder. ''Unfortunately, we are not able to practice telepathy with humans. However, we can have a letter sent to the king using a letter gryphon.'' And they must have had such a griffin here in the village. That was probably the way the Demis communicated with people. ''I see. I'll compose a letter then that covers the situation in more detail,'' I replied to him. Onaki and I went to the house that served as our overnight accommodation, and together we composed a letter that would explain to the king that a war with the high council and the entire demon people was imminent. The letter we had then, in the end, ready summarized, and he rolled up in a box put, which the letter gripper should then transport to the Zenith Kingdom.
 
The village elder called the letter griffin to him and attached the box with the letter to the king to the griffin. The village elder spoke in the language of the griffin and explained to the bird where this letter had to be flown. I was not surprised that the village elder was able to do this. After all, he was a demi. The letter-griffin flew off into the sky and left the village a few moments later.
 
A few days passed, we all waited for an answer from the king. ''Not that the king just tore up the letter and killed the poor griffin,'' Onaki replied to us. ''Don't worry, the king may be stubborn, but he's not an idiot,'' Brahm replied to her. After hours of waiting, the letter-gripper came flying with a new letter on his back. Brahm took the note from the king and read it aloud. ''If what you say is true and war will take place on the day of the demon moon, then you have our full support. When the day comes, our military force will be at your disposal. After all, I cannot refuse the request of the former prince from Marlorvina just like that.''
 
I see. He probably knew me from back then before the horrible event with my homeland. We rejoiced at this surprising news and celebrated a small banquet. The demis danced for joy, and we sat together with Brahm at one of the big tables. There was hunted game meat to celebrate, and it was well cooked in the oven. The food covered the entire table. There was so much. I have seldom seen so much food at once, and I ate it. However, again very distinguished and like a noble. I just couldn't break this habit, which is why Onaki once again made fun of me and imitated me in the way I ate. ''So you are a prince, Aramoto? I should have been a little more submissive then!'' old Brahm shouted at me. He was drunk and laughing. The celebration went on until late in the evening. After everyone had finished eating and was in an alcoholic stupor, everyone went back to their houses to sleep off the alcoholic stupor and rest. Tomorrow we will train together with the demis. After all, they were also a target of the high council.  I took Onaki by her hand and walked with her to our room. The alcohol made me braver than usual.
 
She was slightly embarrassed but also alcoholic. Once in our room, I undressed and did the same to her. I guess she wanted me to. After all, she allowed me to undress her. ''Shall we do it today?" she asked me sheepishly, lying on the bed with her back. She and I, we're both completely naked. I was hardly ashamed of it. After all, it was the alcohol that lessened my shame. I finally nodded and gently laid on top of her. My hand touched hers. Our bodies were both hot. The night ended with us having unprotected sex with each other. I wasn't worried about that. After all, she was my wife. Sure, we hadn't officially married yet, but that wasn't possible in our situation. To me, she was more than just a steady girlfriend. She was my soul mate, and if I were to survive the whole thing with her, I would marry her outright. Something I missed terribly in my world. I won't let that be taken away from me here. We fell asleep naked and cuddled up.
2