Chapter 23: The land of the Kemono
46 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The new day dawned and brightened our room. I slowly opened my eyes and still had a slight headache from the alcohol the previous day. Onaki was already awake since she was not in bed. I could only vaguely remember what had happened the last night. But my body still remembered the erotic scene. I didn't daydream for long and got dressed to keep Onaki and the Demis company. We had pancakes with tree resin syrup.

Even in such a wacky world, such a thing that existed amazed me greatly. I sat down next to Onaki, and we held another small prayer. It was widespread for the Demis to always pray beforehand for any food. "Bon appétit!" we shouted and started eating. The pancake was very tender and very easy to bite. The village elder wants to talk to you, Aramoto," the father of the Demi family told me and patted me on the shoulder. As soon as I finished eating, I thanked him for the delicious food and left the house to go to the village elder. "You wanted to see me, village elder?" I spoke to the old demi man in a respectful tone, waiting for him to explain why he wanted to talk to me.

, You know, we are just a small village living in the land of demons. For the war that is coming soon, we need the help of our nation in the state of Kemono. You would have to make your way there, as the Demis there reject letter-gripping and like it more personal,'' the village elder answered me. I just hoped that the demis of Kemono were not stubborn, like the king. The village elder answered me before asking him where the journey should go. ''The state of Kemono is in the west. You will have to cross a forest called Maho Forest. It is a magical forest and holds dangers,'' the village elder told me in a severe tone, warning me about the forest.

However, I was not worried about it. After all, we survived the Inazuma Forest, and there were beasts there that resembled the demons here in the country. ''We will be careful, don't worry about us", I replied to the village elder and called Onaki to me. Brahm would also accompany us. This would make the journey even safer for us. After all, he was still the strongest of the group. ''We must go west to the land of the Kemono. However, we will pass through an enchanted forest during our journey. There are supposed to be very aggressive beasts lurking around. But I'm sure the three of us will make it!" I answered the two resolutely and clenched my fist.

We left the village and headed west. Thanks to Onaki's compass, this was much easier than without it. The landscape was initially very barren and lacked vegetation. But the further we went, the more densely vegetated the terrain around us became. There were plants everywhere. Slowly we approached the Maho Forest and mentally prepared ourselves for a confrontation. Vines hung over our heads, and animal sounds could be heard around us. So after half a day of hiking, we were already in the Maho Forest. Suddenly we heard a scream that sounded like a human. ''Did you hear that? That was a human being. It was calling for help!" I shouted to the two of them and ran to the voice source.

Fighting through the thickly overgrown forest, I arrived at the place where the voice sounded. There was no one to be seen. You're too late!" a human voice then called out to me from nowhere. It was a Kopikyatto that had triggered this voice. This creature resembled a bear. Only it had two heads. ''What are you doing here in this forest? Get out of here!" it roared in anger at us. Onaki and Brahm arrived at my place in the meantime. I was unsure if we should kill this creature, so I tried to talk to it. ''We are not here to stay. We don't want any trouble, I promise!'' I shouted to the Kopikyatto and raised my hands to signal that I was no danger to it.

The Kopikyatto, however, was not at all amused by this and lashed out with its claws to attack. Fortunately for me, this creature was inferior to the Ursus in speed, and I could dodge with ease. There was no other way, so I summoned my hellblade and showed the Kopikyatto my abilities. I still didn't want to kill this creature unnecessarily, so I just held my hellblade in front of her nose. It could then decide if it wanted to continue attacking me or if it wanted to flee. The creature chose to retire and ran away from me. I let my hellblade go out again. ''Avoid a fight if you can. We are not in this forest to mindlessly murder these beasts,'' I replied to Brahm and Onaki. The two agreed with me and nodded. We walked on through the densely overgrown forest.

2