Chapter 156
132 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wu Qiujun, you're a real slippery old dog!" Wandong flared up, with grim sparkles darting out of his angry eyes.

Wu Qiujun let out a wave of insidious laughter, pretty satisfied, "No, it was just because you are way too unexperienced!"

Wandong caught a glimpse of the youngster and turned back to Wu Qiujun, "You have your heart set on his death?"

Wu Qiujun nodded heavily forthwith, "Spot-on! I won't feel relieved until I take his life."

"I'd like to replace him for that. What do you say?" Wandong tried to sound out Wu Qiujun.

"I'd beg you pardon?" Wu Qiujun struck his eyes wide open. Leng Yuecui also went slack-jawed, unable to come to terms with Wandong's proposal.

Wandong had long seen it coming, sneering, "If you are willing to have a bet on that with me, you'll have to agree on two conditions once I win. First, you must spare him. Second, you'll have to give me another five hundred cubes of raw gemstones of the blood steel."

"What on earth are you after?" A vibe of vigilance soon permeated the whole showing room. Wu Qiujun and Duan Lengyan couldn't help but associate Wandong's weird proposal with the traps he had set for them before.

Wandong went on with a smile, "Hang on, bear with me until I finished the rules for the bet. If I lose, I shall commit a suicide right in front of you."

"Big Brother!" "Yaoting!" Wu Yang and Leng Yuecui both went flustered. They couldn't allow Wandong to risk his life like that.

Waving his hand at them, Wandong fixed his eyes on Wu Qiujun, "Haha. I know you will be the most delighted if I die. How do you find the bet? Pretty tantalizing to you, right?"

"Are you sure you'll kill yourself as soon as you are beaten?" Wu Qiujun's reacted just the way Wandong expected. His proposal was an irresistible offer. Wu Qiujun shivered in ecstasy on picturing Xu Wenchuan's grief over the loss of his grandson.

Though Duan Lengyan had a foreboding of a lurking swindle, she couldn't turn away the desirable offer on remembering her loss to Wandong. Compounded with the suffocating pressure she felt in her confrontation with him, she could tell that she had to have Wandong killed. Otherwise, he would probably become her haunting nightmare in the future.

"Of course! I won't lie in full view. Otherwise, it would be a disgrace for myself as well as a discredit for my grandpa. And I wouldn't be able to get away with it if I had duped you. You know, your martial capacity is way superior to mine."

That was a unshakingly convincing statement. If Wangdong refused to act on his proposal if he lost, Wu Qiujun could by no means take the liberty. And Xu Wenchuan wouldn't reason with Wu Qiujun for Wandong's death, as it was Wandong himself who came up with the proposal.

"Okay, I'm in! Tell me what you're gonna bet on!" Wu Qiujun nodded his head in agreement.

Wub Qiujun's acceptance put Wandong at ease. He was halfway with his victory as long as Wu Qiujun gave his consent. "He failed to draw a lesson from the past again. Old dog, go and get defeated again!" Wandong felt rather pleased.

0