The way of the Alchemist: the beginning
48 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Opening!

Success!] The voice of the system sounded, then 21 cards suddenly appeared in his mind, the system immediately added:

[Does the host wish to skip the opening and reveal all cards or does the host wish to see every card by himself.] Shang Di quickly choose the second option since it was his first pack purchase and he wanted to feel the excitement!

Slowly the 1st card flipped and showed:

[Good Conducting: Alchemy Technique (R); The host can cultivate this technique to get a higher chance for conducting a perfect pure pill.]

[Alchemy Hands: Alchemy Scripture (E); The host will automatically be more careful with the ingredients; also there's a high chance on get double pill creations. (When intentionally conducting only 1 pill can result in conducting 2 pills unintentionally though the same amount of ingredients was used.]

[Shallow Cauldron: Alchemy item (R-E): A cauldron to conduct pills by an alchemist.]

Though Shang Di seemed lucky everything went downhill afterward... And he got straight 10 Rares while 9 of them and 3 Epics were simply duplicates due to the poor amount of Rare content in the pack for the Epics there was no explanation, he was just too unlucky!

[Duplicates: C: 0; UC: 0; R: 9; E: 3; SR: 0; UR: 0]

Shang Di's face darkened and his eyes almost fell out, he rarely felt so depressed.

"This is worse than gambling for money..." Shang Di murmured and continued.

[Mind emptying: Alchemist scripture (R); slightly increases the focus on conducting pills.]

[Balance: Alchemist Technique (R); allows the alchemist to balance between ingredients and the amount of heat inside of the cauldron.]

[Perfect Alchemist Eye: Alchemist Technique (E-SR): Allows to see the perfect time every ingredient needs to be inside of the cauldron plus when the perfect timing is to conduct all of the ingredients without wasting the potential of other ingredients.]

"YEEEEEEEAH" Shang Di shouted out in joy as he finally got a "semi" SR item, though it didn't help his battle prowess it was still more than useful.

'Finally my plan is hopefully working...' Shang Di then prayed as he opened the next cards without any luck, but just on his last card...

It flipped and just as it did, it began to glow...

[The flame of Ying and Yang (perfect balance): Alchemist Flame (-SR-): The flame can adjust automatically and knows which temperature is necessary for the ingredients.]

(A/N: "-SR-" the system just wants to say that the flame is not a real SR and is just coming somewhat close. Closer than "E-SR" I am writing this since it won't be further explained in the novel since Shang Di has asked the System off-screen.]

"YESSSSSSSSSSS, I AM THE KING OF ALCHEMY!" Shang Di shouted as a wide grin appeared on his face.

---

In a mysterious place...

"Hachooooooo" Someone sneezed, the someone was an old man who wore a luxurious robe and stood in front of a golden cauldron.

"Did someone talk about me?"
---

"System let's start with my journey to become a alchemist!"

Shang Di opened his inventory and took out his "Way of the alchemist: The beginning"

Excited he opened the first page, then he followed the instructions first. He prepared a cauldron, and gathered some normal herbs like "Moon Grass."; "4 Days old Moon berries; "Regenerating dried Sage"; and "1 Drying Frye Stone." Those were the herbs that were quite nearby and easy to find, Shang Di didn't plan to make a super perfect pill, no he needed to gather a but experience first before starting to get serious.

"Now I should pour my spirit energy into my cauldron..." Thinking for a bit he closed his eyes and poured a bit of his Qi in the cauldron as it suddenly transformed into a liquid!

"Wow... next step his to use my fire..." Shang Di had already equipped his flame, and now he finally could use it!

As thought of the flame it appeared; a half-white-black flame that was glowing. It seemed majestic something none would ever witness in one's lifetime. Spectacular.

The flame then wrapped the cauldron in and heated it, as the liquid began to boil, Shang Di continued to read.

"Now a fingertip long moon grass, letting in get warm then throwing slowly in a handful of Regenerating sage. For the taste I'll add all berries whenever I want so it wouldn't become so bitter..."

Following these steps, everything melted within a few minutes, and the smell was just like lavender, an extremely relaxing smell!

"After using all the ingredients except for the stone I should let it rest for 5-10 minutes. After that I can add the stone and let it slowly mold."

Nodding in satisfaction Shang Di sat down and watched the cauldron. He closed his eyes and smelled the heaven-like scent, it relaxed him and cleared his mind.

After a 10 minute nap Shang Di stood up and added the stone, however he thought that it would take about another 5 minutes till it was done, but no! The liquid then flowed into the stone, and it slowly floated out of the cauldron.

Now was the moment of truth! A success?!

----

Sorry for the short chapter!

To be continued...

You enjoyed the chapter?
  • Yes Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1