Chapter 1 – E29VA2075 residents
24 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"E29VA2075 awakes. The pod is opening. Proceed to the cleaning area and put on the black garment. The auction will begin at noon."


Eva opened her eyes as the mechanical sounds reverberated to the glass layer right in front of her face, just millimeters away.

As the pod opens, the lights brighten. Illuminating the 2x2 space. The walls are gray, it is made out of metal and the pod hangs from the wall horizontally. A small basin full of cloudy water rested on a single table in front of the pod together with her meal of the week.

Eva POV

As soon as the glass door opened (the pod door), I immediately stepped out and went to the lone table in front of me. I immediately sat down and drank the water in the basin. It was fresh, as there was only a small amount of oil pollution. Then, I take the small palm-sized rock bread and eat it by tearing it slowly with a sharp knife provided. I soak the bread in water, so it can be more digestible.

Today's meal of the week was the best out of all weeks. As today is auction day, many elites pour great resources into the facility on this day.

After finishing my meal, I walked outside my room. Walking down the narrow hallway along with the other residents towards the cleaning area. A place where we get cleaned, using hot vapor that smells nice.

Today is a special day, when we will get adopted by the elites. And at this once-a-year event, residents get special treatment, such as cleaning, change of clothes, and fresh water to drink.

Today I turned 16, and now I can attend the auction, to be adopted by the elites and get to wear the beautiful black garment that I have yearned to attend all this year.

Just like the other residents, I changed into a black garment and waited inside a glass window. Standing in rows along the hallway.

It was said that the elites would walk down the hallway while examining us, and that the one that caught their interest would receive a set of numbers to become an auctioned candidate and get the chance to be adopted.

I'm so excited! And hoped I would get picked by one of the elites.

0