Prologue
527 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lone figure knelt on one knee on top of a mountain of corpses. All manner of bodies from humans, beasts, other races, and even undead lay scattered across the field.

The lone figure had wounds all over his body. Clad in a purple robe, his left hand held an exquisite 2-meter-long staff with a dark crystal etched on top. Two arrows had found their marks and were stuck in his back. A trail of blood streaked down the corner of his lips.

Although the mountain of corpses seemed impressive, the lone figure was surrounded by an even bigger army that was glaring at him intensely.

“Necromancer King Kaius!” A middle-aged man donned in a set of luxurious white priest gown with golden laces shouted at the lone figure.

“Cease your futile struggles. Surrender peacefully and we can give you a swift death. You can atone for your crimes in the afterlife.”

Necromancer King Kaius let out a disdained laugh. “I only wanted to practice necromancy in peace. The only crime I committed was not killing you servants of that bullshit demigod when I had the chance.”

“How dare you!” The middle-aged man was enraged. “Not only do you not atone for the crime of killing over 100,000 innocent people, but you dare to spew such blasphemy towards our honored God!”

“100,000 innocent people? You mean those brainwashed zealots that you sent after me?” Necromancer King Kaius ridiculed. “Am I supposed to just let them kill me? Your false demigod was afraid that I would transcend the limits of mortal magic and become a threat to him. So, he sent his guard dogs after me.”

“Hmph!” The middle-aged man snorted coldly. “It seems you don’t know what’s good for you. Devotees of the Diamund Theocracy, prepare the highest rank magic – supreme rank magic Holy Annihilation!”

The army behind the middle-aged man began casting. High up in the sky, an eleven-fold magic array appeared. It exuded out a frightening mana presence.

“Hahahaha,” Necromancer King Kaius laughed scornfully. “You frogs in a well are struggling so much just to cast supreme rank magic?”

“Quit your boasting,” retorted the middle-aged man. “Supreme rank magic is the highest rank magic. Even you can barely cast it.”

“Supreme magic is indeed the highest rank magic that mortals can cast,” Necromancer King Kaius had a look of regret.

“In your current state, not to mention supreme rank magic, you can’t even cast rank 10 magic.” The middle-aged man gloated.

Ignoring the middle-aged man’s provocation, Necromancer King Kaius asked, “your bastard demigod is watching us, isn’t he?”

“Even on your deathbed you still dare to curse our almighty God!” The middle-aged man was fuming now. Then, he let out a devious laugh. “That’s right, our most reverent God is watching. I’m sure he’s greatly pleased watching us about to annihilate you.”

“You? You’re not qualified.” Then, Necromancer King Kaius paid no more attention to the middle-aged man as he turned to look at the sky. “Listen carefully, you weak little demigod. I fell to your scheme this time because I showed mercy. When I return next time, I’m coming straight for you, so wash your neck clean and wait for me.”

“How… how dare you threaten our God! Kill him!” The middle-aged man was truly furious now.

The eleven-fold magic array finally gathered enough mana. A ten-meter wide, white beam of light shot out from the magic array towards Necromancer King Kaius, threatening to disintegrate him into ashes.

At the same time, a dark nether flame lit up all over Necromancer King Kaius’ body.

“Hahaha, you think your puny flame can stand against our Holy Annihilation?” The middle-aged man laughed maniacally.

Boom!

The white beam of light engulfed Necromancer King Kaius. Strong winds flew about violently from the resulting impact. The ground shook and a ten-meter-wide deep crater was created.

As the dust settled, the middle-aged man said smugly, “this is what you get for going against us.” However, in the next moment, his expression changed.

Necromancer King Kaius stood in the crater, his body clad in the dark nether flame, unharmed from the supreme magic.

“Impossible!” The middle-aged man muttered. Then, he finally noticed something and looked up in shock.

High up above Necromancer King Kaius was a twelve-fold magic array! Space cracked around the magic array as it sucked up all the mana in its surroundings like a bottomless blackhole.

Looking closer, a transparent barrier can be seen around Necromancer King Kaius. It seemed like this thin barrier was somehow able to block the supreme magic.

“What magic is this…” the middle-aged man stared up in disbelief. Fear appeared in his heart for the first time since the beginning of the battle.

“If only I had more time, I could have perfected this spell and shed the shackles that bound my mortal shell,” said Necromancer King Kaius with a hint of pity. “Consider yourselves lucky that this is not an offensive spell.”

Then, with a proud look, Necromancer King Kaius stood tall and loudly proclaimed, “feast your eyes on the magic that surpasses supreme rank. Let it be known that I, Necromancer King Kaius, was the first mortal to cast magic that can rival demigods.”

“Transcendent magic – Nether Rebirth!”

A torrent of pitch-black nether flame poured down from the twelve-fold magic array. The nether flame fell on Necromancer King Kaius and began to burn his body to ashes.

Drawing his final breath in this world, Necromancer King Kaius’ last words reverberated throughout the battlefield.

“Enjoy your remaining days, you dogs of a pathetic demigod. Once I am reborn, I will have become a being with the potential of killing your weak little demigod with a flick of my hand.”

“S…Stop him!” The middle-aged man shouted in a crazed manner.

However, before anyone could cast any spells, the nether flame had already burnt Necromancer King Kaius into nothingness.

The Diamund Theocracy army could only look at the empty crater as a heavy silence descended upon the battlefield.

14