Chapter Three – Second Chance: Part Two
74 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
For this chapter you see one of the many constructed languages that I plan to use for this series. The way I created this language is through a paid generator called Vulgar Language (yes I know an interesting name) that uses current world languages that you can mix and match as much as you want to create a randomly unique one.

At the moment, I'm in the process of experimenting with it, but this is one of the few versions that I was able to create that I generally liked so please give your thoughts in the comments below.

And be aware that this is the final version that will be used it is subject to change as time goes on.

The girl still struggling to wrestle out from the grip of the soldier had started to kick out in an effort to try and get away from him, but she wasn't physically strong enough to wrestle with a trained soldier that was pretty much straddling her waist. With each passing second, the girl could feel the strength from her arms slowly diminishing with each passing second.

As she started to realize that her attempts to escape were beginning to become fruitless endeavours she had begun to give in to what was about to happen as she started to cry hoping that the forthcoming ordeal will be over quickly and painlessly.

The soldier, on the other hand, seemed to have been enjoying the whole experience as he began to laugh knowing that he was about to have a good time all to himself.

She immediately closed her eyes turning away from him when the sudden sound of a loud bang rang out beside her followed by something wet and warm splattering across part of her face and chest that made her shake in fear not knowing what the substance was.

When she opened her eyes the soldier on top of her suddenly fell forward laying his full weight against her body as blood seeped out of a large splintered hole created in his helmet. Without a second thought, she scurried out from underneath his lifeless corpse while panting heavily once she had gotten herself free, the girl took a few steps back before falling to the ground upon her buttock.

Her body began to tremble as so many emotions was starting to build up inside of her. When she realized that there was still blood over her face and chest she began to wipe away at it furiously as if revolted by the sight of it. Just the thought of having that man's blood all over her almost made her want to rip her clothes off and throw them away.

Hearing the sounds of groaning and coughing behind her she suddenly turned around remembering why she was here in the first place. Laying on the short grass a few feet away from her was Takeshi who was slowly losing consciousness from the serious amount of blood loss due to his gunshot wound. She rushed over to his side her face clearly panicked by the situation that was unfolding in front of her, she tried to figure out something that would help him, but nothing was coming to mind.

As she continued to try and come up with something a thought had suddenly popped into her head, whether it would work or not was another question entirely, but she didn't have time to dwell on such things. Her idea was to try and use Healing Arts on him, the only issue was the fact that she didn't know if it would work on him.

Both she and her people never really interacted with those outsides of her kingdom so most of their magical arts were created and refined around the idea of only being used among the people of this kingdom.

Moving her hands over Takeshi's bullet wound they hovered over the area a few inches away. Her hands were still shaking from her recent ordeal and a cold sweat was starting to come over her body which was easily visible due to the fire lantern strapped around the waist of the dead soldier a few feet away. With her hands continuing to shake she quickly wiped her hands to get as much of the sweat off before taking a deep breath.

"Konessia Xira, rusohyo kapuni ko ro nuhyu ton su" she whispered quietly to herself, as she closed her eyes her body started to be enveloped by faint glittering particles. On the palms of her hand, a faint glow of forest green coloured particles started to emerge slowly growing in strength. A relieved smile appeared on the girl's face which was soon snuffed out when that unusual looking energy disintegrated into thin air before her very eyes.

"Nin! Kora ni en yan he?!" she panicked trying again for a second time only for the same thing to happen.

"Rusohyo! Sen he!" she tried for the third time and once again nothing happened. She racked her mind for something, anything to help her, but the only thing that she could think of was applying first aid, and she didn't know how to do that in the slightest especially not to a human.

"I heard gunfire! Over there!"

She turned her head in the direction of where the shouting was coming from her heart beating faster than normal. Through the thick brush and trees, she could see multiple glimpses of bright light piercing its way through the foliage like rays of sunlight breaking through at the crack of dawn. Knowing what was coming she looked back at the wounded Takeshi to find that his eyes had completely closed, she started to panic once again fearing the worse.

At first, she was worried that he was dead, but when she put her ear next to Takeshi's mouth she could feel the gentle, but slight caress of his shallow breathing. Not knowing what else to do she attempted to try and pull Takeshi by his arms, but the weight of him and his armour was too much for her to handle especially with her weak strength.

"Ko zu yan gadahan en" she muttered to herself almost in shock that she couldn't move him one bit. Before she knew it the Azov Kingdom soldiers were already on top of them barging their way through the trees and bushes without a care in the world. Two of them grabbed the girl one on each arm pulling her to the side whilst she kicked and shouted. Another went to check on the fallen comrade that had just been shot.

"Nokyo ko ban!" she shouted out. Suddenly the butt of a musket rifle hit her square in the forehead creating a cut that started to bleed down her face.

"How is he?" the soldier who had just smacked the girl in the face turned to the comrade checking on the fallen soldier.

He shook his head, "Metal pellet straight into the skull he didn't have a chance"

The soldier standing next to Takeshi kicked him but there was no response, the look on his face seemed somewhat disappointed in that fact. "Get rid of him." Two soldiers started rushing over to Takeshi's motionless body getting ready to dump him somewhere nobody can find him.

The two holding the girl tighten their grip as she continued to try to wrestle her way out of their strong grips, as for the soldiers, they just resorted to squeezing tighter onto her arms in response. "What about her?" one of them asked sounding a little annoyed about having to dal with the girl.

"What do you think?" They looked at him hesitantly for a moment. "Take her back to the damn city, lump her in with the rest of them!"

Getting ready to move they all suddenly heard the faint sounds of rustling in the distance. Some of the soldiers moved in closer with their torches or fire lanterns in hand trying to figure out whether there was something there with what little light they had on them. Others in their group readied their musket rifles or swords in case of trouble occurring. After a few seconds of searching through the brush one of the soldiers with a fire lantern in hand-turned around to face the others.

"It's all cle-"the sudden sound of multiple swishing noises followed by the sound of cracking metal. The soldier who was just talking fell to the floor with a dozen arrows protruding out of his back, he was instantly dead before he even hit the ground.

"What the hell?!" the leader of the group shaking slightly pointed his blade at nothing but air when he suddenly spotted a shadow that came racing out of the dark forest straight towards him.

"Biron!"

A wave of shadows came charging out from the pitch-black of the forest. All of them wielding weapons ranging from spears, swords and bows. The one that lead the charge ran a spear through the gut of the soldier that was commanding the Azov Kingdom soldiers, the latter screaming in pain as he felt the tip of the spear skewering his innards.

"Hakyo Azov sa!" ripping the spear out from his target he continued to stab him repeatedly in a fit of rage to the point where a large open gash started to open in the Azov soldier's stomach as his intestines started spilling out from under his breast-plate metal armour. As his life slowly dwindled away.

The Azov Kingdom soldiers in the midst of being shocked and surprised weren't prepared for the large onslaught coming their way some of them attempted to flee but were cut down by horseback riders as the latter either galloped them down crushed their bones under the charge of horses or simply mowed them down with bow and arrows. Some of them firing their muskets just in time were able to hit a few of their targets, but ultimately it was too little too late at this point as dozens upon dozens of unknown enemies rushed out at them.

Both the Azov Kingdom soldiers and their enemies clashed in a symphony of blades and the cries screams ringing out through the forest like a bloody orchestra at its peak with the chorus. One of the Azov Kingdom soldiers that were still holding the girl was repeatedly stabbed in the chest with a slightly curved short sword killing him instantly from behind, the other had attempted to flee with those that tried to escape, but was fortunately cut down with the rest. Another was decapitated as blood spewed from his neck not even having a chance to realize what had happened to him before he was dead.

The girl simply dropped to the floor once again unsure of what was happening she felt she was in one of those stage performances that reenacted famous battles of their history, however, this one was the real deal in all of its glory.

As screams of pain and death were ever-present among the chaos of the fighting, members of the Azov Kingdom laid in pieces across the grass many of them had severed limbs, and those that were slowly dying had their throats cut or their demise dragged out longer giving them a slow and painful death.

The girl having sat there near to Takeshi since shortly after the fighting had started didn't know what to do. She had never seen these people covered in black cloaks and dressed all in black before, and the way they acted reminded her of stories that her parents use to tell her when she was little. The stories of warriors dressed and shrouded in black that are feared by the natives of this region, but come to our aid in times of dire need regardless of how we viewed them. That's what her mother use to tell her.

When she heard rustling in the trees from behind she turned around to see two black-cloaked warriors riding upon horses. The two parties stared at one another for a few moments the two riders showing a particular interest in the girl. One of the riders glanced over at Takeshi then back to his companion.

One of the riders spoke up his voice older and wisened by years of experience no doubt, "Nin ni na sanu gepon?"

The girl was taken aback that they spoke her people's language, she stammered for a moment when responding to his question. "Nin sanu ni Nare"

"Nare" the rider who asked nodded his head before taking off his black mask. The girl scared to find out what was behind the mask was surprised to see that it was someone from her own race. She never would have thought that people were still alive outside the capital's walls after the Azov Kingdom attacked, after all, they pillaged every town and village on their way here from what the soldiers in the capital said.

The person behind the mask was a man his face slightly wrinkled from the many long years he had lived in the kingdom. His eyes were a darker shade of red, and his hair was a lightish grey shade of colour, and you see the long tied up at the back of his hood.

He looked to Takeshi then back to the girl, "Ni en u kan?"

The girl nodded, "Yanbu, en ku ko"

The man's companion scoffed at the mention of the girl's words clearly making him angry so much so that he couldn't help but speak out against what she had just told them, "Nen! en ni keka den ru Azov no!"

The rider whose face was the only one shown to all out of all the soldiers in his group raised his hand slowly his mind looking to be preoccupied as he contemplated to himself about the current situation.

His companion continued to press the issue despite the warning that he was just given by his commander, "Go nero sen hiyun en ba!"

"Nanruan, Gohenri!" the man you displayed his commanding trait with such flawlessness silenced his rowdy companion in a mere few seconds. He continued to stare at his companion the latter was clearly irritated that his commander wouldn't pay heed to words as he believed that what he said was worth taking note of. Before the commander could decide what to do another one of his soldiers came before them they bowed down while also saluting his fist and arm placed diagonally across his chest.

"Sunban!" the commander called out wanting to know what his soldiers have discovered. The soldier nodded in response, however, his posture suggested that they had found something truly disturbing.

"Go ne kaes ton ranbu to Azov taes..." the soldier paused for a moment, as if, unsure how to phrase this next part. It looked as if he didn't want to believe what he had seen that it was all just an awful nightmare, but the soldier knew that you couldn't imagine something as awful as that in a million years even if you tried.

"Enbi, nin ni en" the commander pressed for an answer feeling impatient about having to wait.

"San hen to ksu go kagyun zora ze yuneon pora hakyou ze al oki ton yun gupu" the soldier responded shaking slightly as he gave over his findings to the commander.

As for the girl, shivers went down her spine at the thought of what she saw at the riverbank too when she washed on the shore it was sickening the whole idea that Azov Kingdom soldiers would do such a thing to innocent people. She felt sick when she thought about what might have happened to her if it wasn't for Takeshi saying her back on top of the wall from those group of soldiers.

The commander shook his head looking away for a moment not wanting to lose his composure in front of his own men who were all having similar feelings to him, "Kiken ro nokan kan ko..." turning his horse in the direction that they came he then looked back at Takeshi laying on the floor "...go wedu ib en u go." Two black-cloaked soldiers quickly picked Takeshi up hoisting him just in front of the commander's saddle.

The commander then looked to his rowdy rider companion, "Go wedu se usu kan ro pungon."

The companion objected to such an action not wanting to leave after what they found out, "Tani! No nin san beus kan nan sengin san ozu su tya hi nin san ne un!" The others watched on in silence albeit an uncomfortable one.

"Zongo ni noro Gohenri!,"  his companion didn't answer back instead he looked away feeling in more frustrated by the current circumstances that they were all in.

In response, the commander's companion nodded following his orders, but the body language that he was displaying showed that he was clearly dissatisfied with the situation when he took a glance at Takeshi just the sight of him made his stomach churn. He turned facing the girl offering her a hand, the latter gladly accepting took his hand and sat just behind him wrapping her arms around his waist so as not to fall off the horse when they start to move.

The commander shouted out his orders, "Go wedu nyatsa pa!"

On cue, he and his soldiers started moving back into the deep foliage of the forest leaving behind the massacre of the Azov Kingdom soldiers showing a signal shred of respect as the soldiers trampled over their remains.

1