Chapter 10 The Dinner ( New Updatet )
40 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

,, so then I'll get going.... ''  

...  

,, Hey sara you sense them too, don't you? ‘’ I asked Sara when I noticed that 5 elves were following us secretly.  

Yes there are 5 elves of the Royal Assassins, I guess they are supposed to take care of you and intervene in case something happens. Said Sara  

,, Well, as long as they are just following me, that's fine with me. '' I said and continued walking.  

Once down in the city, I immediately noticed something and couldn't believe my eyes because apparently there were streetlights everywhere that looked almost exactly like the ones I knew. At first I thought that there was just a torch inside the glass, but from close up there was some kind of light bulb.  

,, Hey sara am I wrong or are those streetlights? ''   

No, they are indeed streetlights, but they are not powered by electricity, they are powered by magic, but they basically work on the same principles as the ones from your world.  

But not only the streetlights caught my eye, but also the elves, they were all dressed quite modern and many even carried handbags. The whole thing reminded me of my MMORPG which I played, the elves there were also represented quite modern. After I was done looking around, I went in search of a clothing store. But even after hours of searching I couldn't find a store that offered clothes, which should be impossible considering how many stores there are here. When I finally wanted to give up and climb on one of the houses to get a better overview, suddenly a little boy stood in front of me and just stared at me.  

Starrrrr  

,, huh? ''  

But not only the boy stared at me but also other Elven which I had not noticed at first.  

,, Hey Sara, why are they all staring at me like that? ''  

Well who knows maybe it's because of your good looks? Or yo-  

,, mh, mh that must be it. '' I nodded with a smile  

.... you are really weird you know that, right?   

Heyyyy mister are you the hero? The boy asked me  

,, mhh the hero?''  

YAAA the hero who saved the princess and defeated an ogre all by himself replied the boy with sparkling eyes  

,, ohh the hero yes that's me haha. I said to him laughing  

OHHHH COOL   

No wait how do they know that I am the hero? This is bad  

Well, there is a rumor that a human boy in funny clothes saved the princess, and you just fit the description.   

,, I still think it's because of my good looks, but that's also possible. ''  

....  

Heyyyyyy Marlo what are you doing, you are supposed to stay with mom and me IAHHHH THE HERO   

,, uh? ''  

HEY HEY SAY AREN'T YOU THE HERO   

YES SISTER HE IS   

,,Hey, you- ‘’ 

OHH I CAN'T BELIEVE I RAN INTO HIM HERE   

,, hahaha nice to meet you both I'm Roku '' I said to the two with a smile before hearing another female voice  

MARLO, SIRA   

Ahhh ma- PUNCH  

Ma- PUNCH  

What are you two doing I told you to stay...close...to...me?  

,, Ha-ha hey.  

AHHH THE HERO oh YOU TWO said the woman before she bowed down along with her children.  

I am sorry if my children disturbed you said the woman  

,, Oh haha no don't worry it's all good. ''  

Tsh this could become a real problem   

Mhh what do you mean, isn't that what you want? Sara asked me  

,, Well, yes, but it wouldn't be good if this story gets out and the other kingdoms find out about it. ''  

And why is that?  

,, If a story like that gets around and one person tells it to another, that person will tell it differently to the next person, and that person will change the story too, until it is said that a boy defeated an army of ogres by himself. ''  

Aren't you exaggerating a bit?  

,, That's not all, as soon as the story is told that way, it only takes one paranoid king who thinks the Elven Kingdom wants to use me as a weapon against the other kingdoms and we'll be at war again. '' 

Yes, you are exaggerating that will never happen.   

,, Even if it doesn't, I should try not to act like a scary hero and settle things while I still have the chance. ''  

So I looked up again and thought of a good speech.  

,, Listen to me, citizens of the Elven Kingdom, it is true that I AM the hero who saved the princess and-.   

 

-  AND DEFATED THE OGRE  

AND defeated the ogre  

- ALONE  

ALONE 

…. 

SHUT UP   

  

.... but that doesn't mean you have to treat me like a hero. My name is Roku and I am just a 17 year old boy who did what anyone would have done in my shoes, so I want you to see and treat me not as a hero but as Roku. '' I said, while bowing my head.   

....  

Cough, cough  

.....  

As I finished speaking and looked back up, I noticed that none of the elves were moving or saying anything, they were all just staring at me like the boy.  

H-H-  

,, H? ''  

HE IS NOT ONLY A HERO AND STRONG BUT ALSO SO FRIENDLY, LONG LIVE THE HERO   

LONG LIVE THE HERO  

,, ...everything went exactly according to plan ha...'' said I when I felt something tugging at my pants, so I looked down and saw that it was the boy.  

Hey mister can you show us one of your COOL tricks that you used to defeat the ogre.  

,, mhh trick oh haha i would love to, but you have to watch closely. ‘’ I said to the boy with a smile and got ready to use instant teleportation. 

YES GO- UHHHHHHHHH  

WHERE DID HE GO?   

,, phew i finally got rid of them. '' I said after teleporting to one of the rooftops while making fun of the elves' expressions on their faces.  

Considering you said you don't feel any emotions and can't show any feelings, it almost looks like you're having fun. Said sara   

After sara said that, I felt something and realized that I was indeed laughing and having fun, and that without forcing myself.   

,, Ha, I don't know what you are talking about, that aside, did we get rid of our annoying chasers? '' I asked Sara  

Yes, it looks like they lost you.  

After Sara confirmed it to me, I jumped from rooftop to rooftop, looking for a clothing store. But after a few minutes of searching I saw something else that caught my attention. It was a weapon store, and although I already had a good sword, I wanted to take a closer look. And in order not to attract everyone's attention again, I grabbed the cloak I had taken from the bandits from my inventory and put it on. After that I looked for a side alley, hopped down it and went into the store. I stood in front of the store before I opened the door and was greeted by a man.  

Hello dear customer what can I do for you the man asked me  

,, Hello, I just wanted to have a look around. '' I answered   

Oh well then if you are looking for something in particular you can just ask me said the man and went back to the counter. And so, I started to look around the store before I heard something, but it was so quiet that I couldn't understand anything. But out of nowhere I had the urge to look to the left and when I did, I saw it. The whispering came from this mysterious looking mask and the black cape. When I approached the mask and the cape the voice suddenly disappeared.   

,, Hey mister, what is this strange mask and cape? '' I asked the man  

Ohh that honestly, I have no idea myself, some strange woman sold it to me for a gold coin and said they were magic items HAHAH garbage that's all if you ask me.  

,, But if it's garbage, why did you waste 1 gold coin on it anyway? ''  

Well how should I describe it alcohol is sometimes my enemy HAHAHA   

,, ...I'll buy it. ''   

HAHAH huh what? Are you sure, as I said I think it's just garbage nothing more so...  

,, How much? ''  

... 1 gold coin please  

I flipped the man the gold coin, took the mask and the coat and left the store. When I stood in front of the shop door, I didn't hesitate and immediately used instant teleportation to get to the rooftops, where I could take a closer look at the mask. But even after a closer look it was just a normal mask and a normal cloak. The only thing that was strange was the color and shape of the mask. The mask had only 2 holes for the eyes and was painted red and black, and the cape was surprisingly light.  

,, Hey Sara can you please analyze these two things? ''  

I already did and I am surprised myself about the result. Said Sara  

,, What do you mean by that? ''  

I mean that I myself have no idea what it is exactly, for whatever reason some kind of protection was put on both things, blocking my analysis.  

,, mhh is there any way you can get around that? ''  

I don't know, whoever was responsible for that is good, very good but I can give it a try.  

,, Yes, do that please. ''   

After I took a closer look at the mask and Sara in the process of bypassing the lock I thought about what to do next.  

,, So how about- wait why is the sun setting... Sara?  

Let me tell you that what you are thinking about is correct.  

,, FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THE DINNER TONIGHT, no wait how can it even be night already? ''  

When I realized that it was already getting late, I used inhuman speed and made my way to the castle as quickly as possible. On my way I saw out of the corner of my eye a woman selling jewelry on the street, so I had the idea to buy something for Alifa. So I put my cloak back on, looked for a side alley and ran to the woman.  

,, pant... I would like to pant... buy something. ''  

Of course are you looking for something special?    

,, It's for a girlfriend of mine. ''  

Mhhh then I would recommend this to you said the woman and pointed to butterfly hair clips. Oh, she'll love these, I'll take them. '' I said to the woman before I disappeared back to the rooftops and went on my way again.  

And after a few minutes I had already arrived at the castle before I noticed something. 

,, Hey Sara, how come I haven't run out of energy yet, even though I've been using my skills non-stop all day? ''  

That's because you naturally get more energy and HP with each lvl, but also when you win against strong enemies your energy and HP increases. Said Sara  

While I was still talking to Sara, I was already standing in front of the gate, the two guards let me through. I entered the area of the castle where Alifa and the other maids were already waiting for me.   

ha-ha hey Maria, Alifa, Lucia, Rilfa, Lisa uhh you all look good today and- ''  

TOO LATE Alifa just shouted   

Sigh you I can't believe you are late for something so important Lisa said annoyed.  

That's how our Roku is hahah said Rifa   

,, Wait, I can explain, I was lost and also here for you Alifa. '' I said to her and handed her the hair clip. 

Is this for me tha- thank you very much Roku I-  

,, and these are for you. '' I said to the maids and also handed them the same hair clips.  

Oh are these....for us? Lucia asked   

That would not have been necessary, Maria said.   

,, What's wrong? ''   

Well, Roku, when Rurir was talking, she just pointed at Alifa who was visibly angry.  

,, Uh, is something wrong Alifa? ''  

IT'S NOTHING COME she said angrily and went stomping into the castle.  

Sigh I feel sorry for Lady Alifa and now come and follow me said Maria before we all went into the castle. But at that moment I turned around and saw Lisa looking at the hairclip with a smile, for me it was the first time I had seen her smile. But as soon as she noticed me, she put the hairclip in her pocket and looked at me with a look that said I'm going to kill you.  

So please go and put on your suit we will wait in the dining room together with the others.  

,, ah yes the suit exactly haha then see you soon. ''  

While Maria and the others went into the dining room, I climbed the stairs up and went into my room. 

...  

,, What suit? Don't tell me they expected me to get one myself? ''  

I said, searching the entire room for a suit before I heard someone knocking on the door.  

,, Come in. ''   

Sigh, I figured that you wouldn't get yourself a suit, so I organized one for you said Maria, holding a suit in her hand.  

Oh, thank you Maria. ''   

No problem that is my duty as a maid  

,, ha if you say so. ''  

...  

...  

You can put the suit here and I'll put it on. ''  

Undress  

..  

,, as I said, you can put the- ''  

Before I could finish my sentence Maria started to pull at my clothes.   

,, IHAAAA WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING.  

It's my duty as a maiden to make sure you don't look like a mess when you're eating with the king, so get undressed. ''  

,, IHAAAA HELP I'M BEING ASSAULTED BY A PERVERT MAID. ''  

While Maria was trying to tear off my clothes I remembered something.  

,, I thought you don't like men and are afraid of them so why are you acting like this around me. ''   

After I said that, Maria suddenly stopped and looked on the ground.  

,, Maria? ‘’ 

Let me guess Lucia told you about that didn't she?  

,, …no...''  

Sigh, that damn brat, listen, it's true that I don't like men and yes, I'm still afraid of them. But thanks to the king's help I was able to leave my past behind a bit. And by the way you are someone special so- ''  

,, What do you mean by special? ''  

As I asked Maria this, her whole face turned red and she started to tremble  

GA-GA-NOTHING YOU IDIOT AND NOW GET UNDRESSED ALREADY.  

,, WAIT YOU AHHH ‘’  

AHH  

BOOM  

Knock, knock, knock   

Shortly after Maria's seizure we both fell on the bed before there was a knock at the door.  

,, WAIT, STO- ''   

 Hey Maria the King sent me to ask what is taking so...long...time.  

The door suddenly opened and there was Rifa who could see Maria lying on top of me in bed.  

,, Wait it's not what it looks like, you say something to her too Maria! ''  

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I   

You two take your time, I'll let the others know that this is going to take a while.   

WA...  

SLAM  

5 minutes later  

Ohh Sir Roku there you are finally   

,, Sorry I'm late, we- ''  

Don't worry I already heard everything from Rifa, I must say I was disappointed because of your decision but it was your decision in the end.  

After the king said that, I looked at Rifa who was trying to avoid eye contact.  

Sigh don't worry your highness what Rifa said is not true said Maria who was about to explode.   

Sigh, so it was another one of Rifa's jokes... said the king annoyed   

So I... said Rifa anxiously...  

Grap   

Uh?  

Don't worry your highness I'll have a serious word with this maid said Maria before grabbing her by the head and dragging her out of the room like a wild animal its Prey 

IHAAAA OUCH HELP ROKU, SIR ROKU PLEASE HELP ME SHE WILL KILL ME   

 The door behind them closed... 

So then Sir Roku if you would be so kind and take a seat said the king and pointed to an empty chair next to Itomi. As I did I went to my seat and sat down before the king gave a little speech.   

So first I would like to introduce you to some new people Sir Roku, the one next to me is General Hannes he is in command of the Elven Arms.   

HAHAH so you are the guy who beat that idiot in a duell HAHAHA I still can't believe it Hannes said laughing  

ah talking about Otto where is he?' I asked the king  

Ahh well how should I explain this he is not in critical condition or anything it is just that Lady Soifa refuses to heal him.  

,, Why is that? ''   

With the explanation, "I won't waste my magic power on that pugnacious monkey anymore",   

,,ah ha-ha. ''  

Cough, so let's continue, the woman to my right is Emelie, my court mage and leader of the Elven magic unit.  

I am Emelie pleased to meet you Roku she said with a creepy smile  

And last but not least the man in front of you is the commander of the Royal Assassins Landros   

,, Ah, finally I meet you in person, please tell your people to hide better next time. '' I said to him with a smile  

Ha those were some of my best men, now I have no doubt about that boy said Landros with a smile  

Well then that was all of them and now IT'S TIME TO EAT I'M STARVING Munch, munch 

YES YOUR HIGHNESS mampf said Hannes and also started to gobble down the food, while Queen Jullia and the rest also started to eat annoyed. 

A few minutes later  

,, ahhh now I am full that was needed. '' I said before I remembered something.   

I got up from my seat and walked over to King Albert who was talking to the others.  

Do you need something King Albert asked me  

,, If you have a moment, I need to talk to you in private. I said to him with a serious look.  

Of course but why in private King Albert asked me  

It is about Alifa. I said to him  

If it is about Lady Alifa, I want to be there too, said Hannes.   

Me too said Landros  

And me too said Emelie  

Sir Roku whatever it is I can assure you that you don't have to worry, I trust my people all without a second thought.  

And that could be a problem. '' I said   

What do you mean Roku asked me Itomi who was listening to our conversation.  

,, I'll just say it then, your highness, I think you have a traitor among you.   

4