Chapter 12 The Guild Master ( New Updatet )
40 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

, So I have to defeat you to be accepted into the guild? '' I asked toujou  

...  

,, Huh? ''  

HAHAHAHA I LIKE THIS BOY ALREADY ALINA BUWHAHAHA  

,, Did I say anything funny? '' I asked Alina confused  

Haha no don't worry you don't have to beat toujou to join the guild look. You just have to hold on for at least 10 seconds to be accepted into the guild, so if you don't even hold on for 10 seconds you will fail. If you last 10 seconds, you have basically passed the test but.  

, But? ''  

But that doesn't mean that the fight is over, after that 10 seconds we will evaluate what rank you will get according to how well you do and how long you last. Said Alina  

,, I understand and are there any rules? '' I asked  

Yes there are and they are don't be a coward said toujou to me  

,, Uhhh what does that mean? '' I asked in  

It means that you should FIGHT me and not run away or try to avoid the direct fight. If I see that you are just running away all the time, you will be disqualified. Otherwise everything is allowed you just have to hold out long enough and give everything you have...or defeat me BWHAHAHAHAHA   

,, It almost sounds like it's impossible to defeat you. '' I said to Toujou with a short laugh.   

Oh ho, do I hear cockiness coming from you? Since I've been in charge of the test, I haven't suffered a single defeat," Toujou said with a grin.  

Haha even though I would appreciate it if someone would finally show up and show this arrogant idiot a defeat Alina said laughing   

Hey Alina what does that mean Toujou said with a sad face   

Well who knows I have a good feeling about this one, you better not underestimate this boy said Alina to Toujou.  

Mh... Toujou then turned around and looked at me with a serious look this time  

...Hey boy, tell me where did you get that mask and that cap? Toujou asked me  

,, Oh, I bought it at a weapons store, a woman sold it to the owner for a gold coin, do you know anything about it? '' I asked Toujou  

What? Ah no, unfortunately not but now what else would you please follow me Toujou said waving his arm   

Good luck Rotu said Alina waving after us  

I followed Toujou and we were both in the same corridor when he told me something.  

Rotu I would like to apologize for the behavior of the two from before 

,, Oh, those two? Did I upset you perhaps unconsciously? '' I asked Toujou.  

No not that it's just... If I have to guess, I would say you are not from here or Roku?  

,, ....that's right. '' I said to Toujou and tried to avoid eye contact.  

Sigh, I thought to myself, then you can't know about it either. You know, there was a reason why those two were so aggressive to you, it all happened 10 years ago. At that time there was no test like there is now, everyone and everything could become an adventurer, no matter how strong or weak you were. And so one day a group of 5 friends came to the guild They all just turned 15 and wanted to join the guild to ,, experience adventuring ,, and ,, have fun ,, . They took a small test where they just had to show their skills briefly and got their ranks accordingly. All 5 of them became F ranks, and one day they got their first Qust as well. They had to collect some medicinal herbs not far from the city, so the 5 of them set out. Since it was an easy quest, it was supposed to take 1 or 2 days at the most, but days turned into weeks and no one knew where they were. 

At this point, Hanz and Ganz B Rank were adventurers and were given the task of searching for the group. It didn't take long for them to find the group where they were supposed to be gathering herbs. As it turned out, the group was attacked by a group of Small Demons. Because they were all still quite young, they thought they had a chance against the group of little demons. They thought that since they were now adventurers, they would have become strong. But what they didn't know was that it takes a D rank adventurer to defeat a minor demon, and an A rank adventurer to defeat a whole group. Hanz and Ganz, who had just arrived, found the group and saw that they were all dead, torn to pieces. But among the group, one survived and told them what had happened. When the 5 decided to attack the demons, they were immediately defeated, but instead of killing them right away, they had to watch as 2 of their comrades-in-arms were being raped and tortured by the demons. After the demons were done, they killed the two women and then finished off the boys. 

On learning of this, the king was enraged and passed a law stating that anyone who wants to join a guild must first undergo a test. In this test, the person must fight against a certain person who then judged whether this person is suitable to become an adventurer. And that's where I come in, before I became an instructor I was an S rank adventurer of the highest rank as you surely know. I was offered this job and I accepted.   

,, Now I know why they reacted that way. '' I said to Toujou  

That's right, the whole thing traumatized them, that's why they scare away every newcomer who wants to join our guild, because they are afraid that something like that could happen again. This is also the reason why we are getting fewer members. But this is not the only reason, since the whole testing system has changed. Adventurers who are now an F rank would have been a D rank in the past, and since the test has become harder to take, fewer and fewer people are giving it a try. And the ones that do try usually don't even last 10 seconds, last time I had 10 people try to join, out of the 10 none lasted 10 seconds.  

Shortly after Toujou finished his story, we were suddenly standing in a huge arena that reminded me of the Colosseum.   

,, Are we really going to fight here, I was thinking more of a small room and not an arena like this? '' I asked Toujou  

Ha, normally it's like that, this arena is only for special fights, you know, your little action in the guild has already spread like wildfire among the nobles, look. Toujou said, pointing at people who seemed to be watching our fight.  

,, Who are these people?' I asked Toujou.  

Say, did you notice that group at the back right of the guild? Toujou asked me  

,, yes, I thought something was wrong with them. ''  

They were scouts of nobles, keeping an eye out for strong or promising people. And when they saw your actions in the guild, they must have told it to their respective masters.  

,, And for what reason? '' I asked Toujou.  

Well, the offer is there in the form of quests, but the demand in the form of adventurers is unfortunately missing. There are not only official quests that come from the guild, but also special quests that come from nobles personally. But not everyone can accept these special quests, which is why many nobles have only been waiting for someone like you to come.  

,, That means you expect me to put on a good show so that they can use me as their henchman, right? ''  

HAHA that's one way of looking at it, but you have to know that the rewards of the special quests are of course much higher than the usual ones. Toujou said before I could hear what the nobles were talking about thanks to Inhuman Hearing.  

 

Hey, isn't that that boy?  

Yes, my scout also told me about him.  

Let's see if this kid is worth our time.  

Heee he's wearing a mask that's too bad but well I like mysterious men said one of the nobles  

They all were talking about the same thing except one person, it was a man.   

Please win, please win, please win were his words.  

 

,, uhh and they all want to watch us. ''  

What's wrong Roku don't say you'll get nervous hahah Toujou said laughing.   

Shortly after, Alina entered the arena   

Here Toujou, Roku for you said Alina and gave us two wooden swords.   

I will act as referee and remember the fight is over if one of you is incapacitated, now please get into position.  

After Alina said that, I took one of the wooden swords and got ready.   

Now the Toujou are you ready?  

Yes  

Roku?  

Yes    

THAN MAY THE FIGHT BEGIN Alina yelled while running in fear to safety  

Well then, shall we beginn? Toujou said before running towards me, at that moment I could see that he was much faster than Otto. He stopped right in front of me and swung his sword from below left I dodged by leaning back surprised by his speed before he kicked me away with his foot.  

Hit   

Shortly after, he ran at me again, but this time I was ahead of him and used inhuman speed to close the distance between the two of us.  

WA  

Toujou, who was visibly surprised, tried to block my hit at the last moment, but it was already too late.  

HIT  

AHHH  

..  

BOOM 

Ahhh cough, cough, haha now I understand what Alina meant by she has a good feeling about you cough it's been a long time since anyone has hit me like THAT.   

Out of nowhere, Toujou suddenly charged at me with such speed that I didn't even had time to block it with my sword and I flew against the arena wall.  

BOOM  

ROKU shouted Alina in the distance   

,, Cough, what the hell, wasn't that faster than before or am I just imagining it. ''  

No he was indeed faster than before said Sara suddenly  

,, Did he maybe just hold back during the first blow? ''  

No, that's not it, this man has a dangerous skill that allows him to get stronger the more he gets hurt.   

,, I see that would explain why he is so much faster. ''   

While I was still talking to Sara, Toujou attacked me again, but this time I was able to block his attack. I pushed him back and was about to strike before he took sand from the ground with his left hand and threw it in my face.   

UH not exactly fair I said and tried to get the sand out of my eyes without lifting my mask.  

FAIR? Toujou asked me before attacking me again, I tried to block his attack but he just took a side step and hit me sideways.   

DO YOU THINK MONSTERS OR BANDITS FIGHT FAIRLY? Toujou asked me as he knocked me against the arena wall.  

HIT   

BOOM  

AHH   

Shortly after Toujou hit me against the wall I was able to see again and took my chance. Toujou, who thought that I would not get up again so easily, let his guard down. So I used instant teleportation to teleport myself right in front of him. And before Toujou could say anything, I kicked him straight up with my foot, then used inhuman strength to jump up to him. Toujou, who had just realized what had happened, tried to hit me with his sword. I dodged his panic blow and smashed him to the ground with my sword. While he was flying, I used Instadt Teleportation again to teleport down, and hit him with my sword just before he hit the ground.   

HIT  

...  

BOOM  

And hit him against the arena wall, only a loud explosion could be heard and smoke could be seen.   

,, Was that already Toujou-huh? While I was still talking, I suddenly felt a strange presence.   

As the smoke cleared around Toujou, I could see Toujou bleeding and covered in wounds. But that was not all his aura had also changed, his skill is probably now at its limit after my last attack. Shortly after that Toujou attacked me, as expected, and as expected he was even faster than before. As he was about to attack me I used Absolute counter and he flew against the arena wall like before. And again there was only an explosion, at that moment I decided to use Total Concentration and saw that Toujou was about to attack me a second time.   

And that's exactly what he did, he got up and ran towards me again, but instead of attacking me he threw a smoke bomb at me. By doing that he wanted to take away my vision, but thanks to the skill Total Concentration I knew exactly from where he would attack me. So I closed my eyes, crouched down, held my sword at my side and waited for the right moment....  

....  

THAT'S IT Toujou shouted and attacked me from the side with his sword, at that moment, to Toujou's surprise, I made a turn to the right and spun around the sword.   

,, That's right, that's it toujou. '' I said to him, combining inhuman speed and inhuman strength and hitting toujou with all my strength.  

HIT   

Toujou flew back and I used instant Teleportation again. Just before Toujou hit the wall I Teleported behind him and kicked him in the air. As Toujou flew up I used inhuman speed to catch him at the top. At that moment we both looked into each other's eyes and I could see him smile before I hit him one last time with my sword and he flew down.  

HIT  

FLY  

... 

BOOOM  

After that I landed again and I could see a crater, and as the smoke disappeared I could see Toujou standing on his feet to my surprise.   

I-I-  

No, you lost Toujou, that's enough" said a male voice that appeared out of nowhere in front of Toujou and supported his motionless body.   

...   

After the man supported Toujou only the sound of his sword was heard, which he dropped.  

Hey Alina the fight is over, shouldn't you announce the winner said the man to Alina who was standing motionless outside the arena.    

  

That can't be   

IT CAN'T BE , THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE  

OHHH HE ACTUALLY WON said the man from before in tears  

 

Hey boy Toujou is not the lightest could you please help me carry him said the man to me before I went to him and together we took Toujou out of the arena. Shortly after we left the arena Alina walked up to us.  

How is he Licht she said  

So Licht is his name...  

Ahh don't worry we are talking about Toujou he is only unconscious and has a few broken bones and internal bleeding and organ damage and internal ruptures nothing more hahah  

,, ... is he still alive at all? ''  

Yes but we better take him to the infirmary, after that Alina will take care of him said Licht and so we took him together to the infirmary where we put him on a bed. After that Alina started to treat Toujou, but had realized that his wounds were deeper than expected.  

Uh that's not good licht I honestly don't know if Toujou will make it, his wounds are too deep said Alina desperately.   

,, Let me give it a try. '' I said to Alina   

Sure, but what are you going to do? She asked me  

During dinner with the king I went through my skills and saw that I had a skill called Heal. And although I was happy about it, I hated myself for not seeing it earlier.   

huh, what are you doing? Licht asked me as he watched me placing my hand over Toujou's body.  

I closed my eyes and said Heal and shortly after that my right hand started to glow green and a small green circle appeared on toujou's body.  

What is this? asked licht fascinated by what he saw.  

Alina, who was next to me, couldn't believe her eyes, because in front of her she saw how Toujou's wounds slowly disappeared until he looked the same as before.   

... 

..  

UH 

AHHHH THAT WAS ROTU- screamed Toujou who out of nowhere opened his eyes and was about to hit me before-.  

IHAAA   

BANG   

Alina hit Toujou on the head in fright, knocking him unconscious again.  

Ahh tou-toujou? Alina said before me and licht looked at her annoyed.  

Sigh, let him rest a bit, the important thing is that he is out of danger, said licht before he stood up and told me with a hand gesture to follow him.  

We both left the room and went to his office Alina wanted to stay with Toujou to explain everything to him if he woke up again. As we both were back in the guild Hans and Ganz suddenly approached us and bowed to me.  

 

WE ARE SORRY FOR WHAT WE HAVE DONE  

WE ARE SORRY FOR WHAT WE HAVE DONE  

 

Both said to me  

,, Huh? Ah, don't worry about it. I said to both of them   

Well, look who we have here suddenly light said in a deep voice to both of them  

Ma-master you look good today ha-ha-ha said hanz with a shaky voice   

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TWO IDIOTS NOT TO DO THAT?  

PUNCH  

PUNCH  

Ahhh so-sorry master they both said only before they fell to the ground  

Sigh please follow me to my office there is much to discuss Roku said licht to me and we both walked up the stairs before we stood in front of the door to his office. Licht opened the door and we both went inside.  

Please sit down said Licht and pointed to a couch, I went to the couch and sat on it. So let's get down to business, first of all congratulations you have passed the test and are now an official member of our guild I as the guild master welcome you in our Guild said Licht with a smile which quickly turned into a serious expression. Mhhh how should I explain this now, ah well first of all I should tell you the rank you will receive. From today on you are an S rank adventurer and what has never happened before.   

,, Wait Is it even possible to become an S rank right away? '' I ask Licht  

Well, today you proved to everyone that the impossible is not always impossible, right? Tell me, do you have any idea what you've gotten yourself into? Licht asked me  

,, What do you mean, is it that bad? '' I asked Licht  

It depends on what you define as bad, you just defeated Toujou in a fair fight in front of many nobles. That means that in the future you will often-   

,, Mr. Licht, can I ask you something? ''  

Mhh and that would be   

,, I would like you to announce that I did not win fairly, say that Toujou got poisoned before the fight and therefore could not fight properly. For this reason, I may still join the guild but will only become a F rank adventurer. ''  

...  

oh sure WAIT WHAT?!?! 

5