Chapter 13 My first quest ( New Updatet )
40 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

....  

,, mhh which quest should I choose. ''  

You are a complete idiot you know that right? Said Alina annoyed   

,, yes ‘’ 

Ok would you please at least explain to me why you did that? Alina asked me   

Flashback.....  

Of course WAIT WHAT? Are you serious? Licht asked me shocked.  

,, Yes, I am begging you to do it. '' I answered Licht  

But wh-why would you want that at all, what do you gain from it?! Licht asked me   

,, You know, I joined the Adventurer's Guild to have fun, to rise in the ranks and to have adventures. And now I immediately become an S rank and get to play the noble's henchman? That's not why I came to this place. ''  

bu-  

,, If such a thing is not possible, of course I understand. ''   

...sigh you are a really strange fellow you know that, right? I'm only going to ask you once, are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want this? Because once the rumor gets around, that's it for your S rank and you'll become an F rank.  

,, I am sure, please do that. '' I answered licht  

If that's what you want, fine, but don't come back to me at the end if you change your mind....  

End of the flashback... 

,, Well, let's just say it's more fun that way haha. ''  

Huh what kind of stupid reasoning is that.... said Alina   

,, But that aside, I would like to do this quest here. '' I said to Alina and showed her the quest.  

Sigh then show it to me, collecting medicinal herbs in the forest the perfect quest for an F RANG ABENTEURERE  

,, so perfect for me ha.''  

Well I give up if that's the way you want it, here take this Alica said and handed me a small card that looked like a driver's license.  

And now listen carefully, this is your adventurer's card, with this card you are officially an adventurer from today on. So if guards or soldiers stop you and ask questions you can show them this ID. But that doesn't mean that this is a free pass to break the law, you can only identify yourself as a real adventurer, nothing more. And you better not lose this card, because getting a new one takes a LONG time ROTU said Alica.   

,, yes ma'm. '' I answered and saluted   

Ha then I guess you are ready for your first quest I wish you good luck dear F rank adventurer Rotu said Alina with a smile.   

,, Thank you Alina, see you soon. '' I said waving to her and left the guild.  

Once outside I took a closer look at the ID card, on it was a picture of me together with my name and the guild I am in. After looking at the card I put it in my inventory and was about to leave before I saw something interesting. Further ahead was a kind of magic store, and although magic is useless on me my curiosity was aroused and I decided to go into the store. Standing in front of the store I walked up the stairs and opened the door where I was greeted by a little girl.  

Ahh a customer welcome to my store I am Shuna how can I help you said the little girl  

,, Hello, uh, is the owner of the store here by any chance?'' I asked her.   

Mh mh he is standing right in front of you she said with a proud smile   

,, wa co-could it be?! ''   

Mh mh it's exactly as you think   

,, Your parents force you to work here!? ''  

Mh mh just like that is- WHAT? HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT?! Shouted the girl  

Well, I'll show you, BY THE GRACE OF THE GODS I TURN YOU INTO A RABBIT  

,, WA-AHH. ''  

...  

...  

Wha- why isn't my spell working, HOW DID YOU DO THAT?   

... 

,, Sigh look would you please tell me where the store owner is? '' I asked her annoyed   

A-a-but I am the store owner why don't you believe me, you..YOU BULLY, MEANIE, PERVERT  

,, hey why pervert. '' I said before she started crying.   

She can't possibly be the shopkeeper I said before analyzing her   

Shuna  

Mage  

Lvl 80   

..  

UHH SHE IS REALLY NOT JUST A CHILD  

,, ok, ok i believe you, please don't start crying now. ''  

Sniff, sniff I sniff, sniff I DON'T she said with tears in her eyes.  

Since you believe me now I'll go back to my work if you need anything then DON'T CALL ME she said and went back stamping angrily  

,, I can't believe it' this is the first time I've met a real Lolita. '' I said softly 

HEY WHAT WAS THAT?!   

,, Nothing, nothing at all. ''  

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT   

After my strange encounter with a loli I started to look around the store and saw all kinds of things. But something which struck me were those blue potions in front of me on a shelf.   

,, Hey sara what are these potions? ''  

These are potions that allow non-magicians to cast spells for a short period of time. Said Sara  

Oh... WAIT, what does that mean that it allows non-magicians to cast spells for a short period of time? ''  

As you surely know, mages are rare in this world, everyone has magic in them, but only a few can use it. This potion, however, does allow non-magicians to cast spells for a short period of time.   

,, But let me guess, there is a catch. ''  

There is for whatever reason after drinking the potion you feel sick and have to throw up. The reason is probably a poison that is needed to make the potion in the first place, which is why no one buys it.   

,, So that means that the only negative point is the poison, right? ''  

...Yes   

,, Heyyy Shuna. ‘’  

I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME.  

,, I would like to buy this. I said to her and pointed to the potion.  

Uh? That useless stuff?  

,, Yes, please, how much for everything? ''  

That makes 1 gold coin- wait what did you say?  

,, I'll take them all. ''  

After I said that, Shuna suddenly froze and didn't respond to anything.  

,, Uh, shuna? ‘’  

Why didn't you say that right away, my beloved customer? Of course you can have them all, that makes 100 gold coins, please," Shuna said, rubbing her hands greedily.  

So when it comes to money, she turns into a bootlicker, I said to myself, taking out one of my green coins and handing it to Shu- wait. When I had the green coin in my hand, I realized that I couldn't just give her one of the green coins. With her greediness for 100 gold coins, she probably would have a heart attack if she got 10 million.  

You know you can convert the green coins into 10 million gold coins, right?  

...  

 ,, No, no, I didn't know that, Sara.  

Oh, well, now you know.  

,, ...that girl.''  

So after Sara explained to me that I could convert the green gold coin into 10 million gold coins, I did. Shortly after I finished, I took the 100 gold coins and gave them to Shuna, who took the bag of coins from my hands. After I gave Shuna the gold coins I opened my sack and took all the blue potions that were in it and added them to my inventory.  

See you soon my beloved customer, I hope you will visit me again," Shuna said, not paying any attention to me but only having eyes for the 100 gold coins. Having added all the potions to my inventory and left the store, I finally made my way to the city gate. On my way I took a closer look at the quest  

Collect 0/10 medicinal herbs  

Place Naori Forest  

It didn't take long before I was standing in front of the city gate, I showed my ID to the local guards and I was allowed to leave the city. I left the city and was for the first time back in the forest in which I woke up and went to the place where I would find the medicinal herbs. Of course I could have just used inhuman speed and been there in no time but that would have just been a waste of energy. And so I was also able to view the beautiful landscape. While walking I noticed that I still had a few skill points left, so I opened my inventory and looked for useful skills. While looking, one of them immediately caught my eye, "portal", because I couldn't imagine what portal was exactly, I asked Sara.  

,, hey sara?  

Snore....snore....  

,, She's killing me SARA'.  

Yes, yes I am Sara, how can I help you?  

,, ... Look, I know you can't be available 24/7, ok, but what if I'm in a situation where I need you, but you're asleep? ''  

That's right that would be bad of course  

,, Then... ‘’ 

So you think it is better that I am available for you 24/7 and then in case of emergency I am too tired to help you?   

,,Well no bu- ‘’ 

If that's what you want we can do it that way. ''  

,,All right, all right, you can sleep calm down.... ''  

So how can I help you  

,, What can you tell me about the skill portal. ''  

It does exactly what the name says it does. ''  

,, You're not much of a help right now, you know that, right? ''   

Yep haha   

,, ... ''  

Okay, I'm just kidding, this skill allows you to port to certain places.  

,, What do you mean "certain places"?  

It means that you can only port to places you've been before, like the guild or your room in the castle.  

,, I see, then I should probably take this skill with me. ''   

Skill Portal unlocked 

Sigh...huh, what is this? I ask myself when I saw next to my skill bar another skill bar on which skill upgrade was written   

,, hey sara was that always there? ''   

No, that's what I wanted to tell you, I was able to restore a part of your inventory. The skill upgrade bar allows you to upgrade skills you already have, and to see the other upgrade you just have to swipe your hand from right to left in your skill bar.   

After sara said that, I did just that and suddenly saw dozens of new skills including inhuman regeneration and inhuman durability. When I saw these two skills I didn't hesitate and used my last two points and unlocked both.  

Well, that was some good news, thank you Sara,'' I said to her, but I noticed that Sara was already asleep again.  

And after a few minutes I arrived at the place where the herbs were. I looked at the ground and saw already one next to a tree, so I bent down, plucked it and put it in my inventory.   

A few hours later   

,, OK, AFTER HOURS I FOUND ONLY 1 OUT OF 10 HEALING HERBS AND I SEARCHED ALMOST THE WHOLE FOREST FOR THEM, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? '' I yelled before I could hear screams from the distance.   

I stopped and used inhuman hearing and indeed I could hear a female voice. And although I wanted to finish my quest, my good side won and I made my way to the screams.   

HELP PLEASE SOMEONE   

As I approached the screams I saw what looked like a group of little demons chasing a girl and 2 children. I was about to intervene when I saw the girl stopping in front of the demons and pushing the children away. YOMA TAKE ZENI AND RUN TO THE VILLAGE DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME she yelled. NEE-SAN NO screamed the little girl and wanted to run to the girl, but at that moment the boy grabbed her arm and kept running. Take care of your little sister YOMA screamed the girl before she stretched out her arms and tried to stop the demons.   

I WILL NOT LET YOU PASS!" she screamed, looking the demons in the eye. They were visibly surprised and just looked at each other before one of them threw a punch and ripped the girl's clothes off. At that moment I remembered what Toujou had told me and knew what would happen next. So when one of the demons reached out for the girl, I used inhuman speed to run to the demon and split him with one sword strike. The girl who had her eyes closed opened them again and saw a person with a mask in front of her.  

Who-who are-WATCH OUT she asked me before pointing at one of the demons who was about to attack me with his axe. I turned around, dodged his axe and touched his body with my hand....  

Death Touch  

...  

BOOM  

Uh? said the girl who saw the demon explode in front of her, spraying its black blood everywhere. The last 3 demons were surprised by the whole situation and even hesitated to attack before one of them finally ran towards me.  

AHHHHHH he let out a loud scream and swung his axe.  

...  

Whistle  

,, That thing is pretty dangerous. ‘’ I said to the demon who saw me standing on his axe. And before he could react, I decapitated him and now held his head in my hand. His lifeless body fell backwards and I could see the other two demons attacking me. Both of them ran at me before I had an idea, I aimed at one of the demons and used inhuman strength and threw the head at the right demon.  

AHH-   

BOOM  

After my throw there was a loud bang and only one of the two demons could be seen, because as the smoke disappeared you could see how the upper half of the right demon's body was missing and its body fell forward to the ground.  

The other demon saw this but was unimpressed and continued to run towards me.  

,, Oh, I haven't introduced myself to you yet, I-  

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WATCH OUT BEHIND-  

Absolutely counter... said I while swinging my sword slowly behind me 

,, I'm Rotu by the way, nice to meet you   

...  

Äh? said the girl 

BOOM 

4