Chapter 15 The sad reality ( new Updatet )
72 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

YOU.....then do what you want said the man before turning to the side  

Are you really going to help papa? Zeni asked me  

,, Yes I will, I promise. I said to her and stroked her head.   

Thank you very much dear sir said the woman with tears in her eyes 

But before you go, Roku, you should talk to Carlos, said Nami with eyes filled with hope.  

,, Why that? '' I asked her  

Carlos has already had experience with the giant wasps and knows almost everything about them, you can find him at the village entrance. Nami said to me with a smile  

And so I left the house and went to Carlos, on my way I noticed I was being stared at by the other villagers. When I looked at them and their houses I realized that the villagers were not the richest people. And now that the mayor is sick, their situation has worsened.  

,, Hey Sara, how long do you think the mayor will last? ''  

It's hard to say, like you said, it's a miracle he's still alive. I would say he has 1 week at most 2, but why anyone would waste such a valuable and rare poison on a mayor, is something I don't understand. Said Sara  

,,Is it really that valuable? ''  

You can only obtain this poison from a snake salamander, a Unique monster that you can't find anywhere. And even if you do find one, it usually means death, because if the snake salamander touches you even once, that's it for you. One touch is enough to transfer its venom into your body, you immediately start having seizures and start to bleed from your eyes, until you either take your own life or slowly and painfully bleed to death.  

,, It really doesn't make sense, why would someone waste such a poison on an ordinary mayor. '' I said to Sara before I could see Carlos in the distance and waved at him.  

Oh if it's not the young hero, what can I do for you? Carlos asked me  

,, Please call me Rotu and Nami said you can tell me something about the giant wasps. ''  

Mh sure, but why do you want to know? Carlos asked me before he realized what I was going to do.  

First you save Nami and her siblings, and now you want to save the mayor, I just can't make sense of you. If my information helps save the mayor, then I will tell you everything I know. Said Carlos with a laugh  

Ok watch out giant wasps are the most dangerous monsters out there that's the first thing you need to know.  

,, Wait, isn't an ogre more dangerous? ''   

Well, if you have an ogre fight a giant wasp, of course the ogre would win. But what if it's not one giant wasp, but 10 or 20 or 30, do you still think the ogre would win?  

,, I understand, a single giant wasp is not dangerous, but what makes it dangerous is their large number, right? ''  

Correct, a giant wasp never comes alone, but there is another reason why they are more dangerous. You can outrun an ogre on foot, but a giant wasp will catch up with you before you can even think about running away. And that's just the normal giant wasps, if you encounter a giant wasp soldier you're in trouble. They are not only bigger and faster, but also much more aggressive and will chase you until they get you. And of course there is their queen who is a unique monster. She is twice the size of a normal giant wasp and twice as fast. And she has the ability to boost other giant wasps around her.   

,, Got it and do they have weak points? ''  

Yes, if you are able to use fire magic, they are not a problem because their skin is made of tiny little hairs that are very flammable. And they are only on the move during the day, at night they sleep, so you should use that to your advantage. That was basically all there is to know about them.  

,, Thank you for your help, by the way, do you have a room or a place for me to stay? '' I asked Carlos  

But of course comes follows me said Carlos.   

,, May I ask you something? '' I asked Carlos while we were walking.  

Of course   

,, What do you plan to do if the mayor does not make it? '' I asked Carlos  

Sigh, I know that sooner or later I'll have to ask that question myself, but honestly, I have no idea. If the mayor doesn't make it, Aron would take over his position, but he's still too young for that. I had intended to confront him with it but never found the right time for it. But thanks to you, I don't have to worry about it so much now," Carlos said with a smile.   

 So here we are Carlos said and pointed at a tavern, he opened the door and we went inside where we were already greeted by the owner. Ahh carlos the usual? Asked the man.  

No not yet would you have a room for Rotu here, you know the boy who saved Nami, Yoma and zeni from the demons said Carlos. OHH you are that boy, I am glad to welcome you in my tavern.   

,, ah thank you. ''    

You must be hungry, sit down here, don't worry the food and your room are on the house, of course the man said and led me to a table. I pulled the chair back and sat down.   

Christina will you please come, the man shouted to the back before a girl stepped out. If Nami is an angel then Christina is the opposite, unlike Nami she had long pitch black hair. Please take Rotu's order, said the man. Rotu? Ah, you must be the boy who saved Nami, I'm glad to meet you. I'm Christina, but don't be afraid to call me Christa, she said with a smile.  

,, Pleased to meet you Christina-  

Christa  

....  

-Christina, I am Rotu. '' I said to her  

Now, then, Rotu, what would you like to have? She asked me  

,, Uh, can you recommend something to me? '' I asked her  

I recommend our menu of the day a rabbit leg with carrot puree and a salad, she said with a smile.  

,, I'll have that then. ‘’ I said to her before she turned around and gave the order to her father who was in the kitchen.    

Shortly after she came back and went up the stairs, probably to finish my room. While she was climbing the stairs, she probably noticed that I was watching her. Because when she was at the last but one step, she slightly lifted up her skirt from behind, so that I could see her underwear.   

,, WA'' I said and looked away.   

Christia laughed gently and then went up the last steps and shortly after that the man came out of the kitchen with a plate. He put the plate on my table and went out again after that I looked at the plate. It was as I said a rabbit leg together with a puree and a small salad. So I took a knife and fork and started to eat, the rabbit leg was as expected tough but tasted good to my surprise.  

A few minutes later...  

,, that was really good. '' I said to myself  

Your room is ready, dear sir, Christia said to me as she was going down the stairs. So I put my dishes together and went to the stairs and started to go them up. When Christia was right next to me I saw her getting closer to me and began whispering something in my ear.  

Pervert she whispered with a sheepish grin  

,, ...'' I didn't answered her, instead I turned red like a tomato 

After that I looked straight forward and ran up the stairs until I was standing in front of my room. I opened the door, went into my room and looked around. It was an ordinary room with a single bed in the middle, a window on the left and a mirror with a chair in front of a table on the right. After looking around in my room, I closed the door behind me and just fell on my bed. 

,, ...how must they be feeling right now? I asked myself and remembered my mother and sister.  

Do you want to know? Sara asked me suddenly  

,, Wait, what do you mean? '' I asked her  

I am able to send you to your world as a ghost for a short period of time, you just have to close your eyes and say it to me. Said Sara  

,, Then please do it. '' I said to Sara  

Shortly after that I took off my mask, laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. At first I saw nothing but black before I heard a voice.   

,, sara is that you? '' I asked her but received no answer  

But suddenly, out of nowhere, a blue, white light appeared in front of me, I didn't know what it was, but for some reason I felt like I had to follow it. I followed the light as suddenly this emptiness disappeared and I could see...the earth. I looked around and realized that I was in space. The light then flew slowly towards the earth and I followed it until I saw that we were flying towards Japan. As I approached the country, I realized that I was losing consciousness again and my vision was fading.   

....  

Honk, honk  

;; ...that sound... I know that sound.'' I said and opened my eyes.   

I looked around and realized that this was the place where the accident happened, this is the place where I died. While I was still looking around in wonder, I saw the orb again, but this time I could understand what it was saying. 

And to your right you see the place where our protagonist Rotu died, right here he was standing when he was hit by the car.  

.... I knew that orb looked familiar, so it was you,'' I said to Sara, annoyed.   

That's right, I should have told you about it before, but it doesn't matter now. Watch, wipe once with your hand from right to left. Told me Sara.   

And that's exactly what I did, I raised my hand and slowly wiped to the left.  

,, huh what is happening? '' I asked Sara as I saw the people walking on the streets suddenly moving backwards.  

Like this you can turn back the time to when you were hit, sara said.  

So I wiped my hand further and further until I could see myself just coming out of the supermarket. I could see myself approaching the traffic light and also the family. Then I looked to the left and saw the car that had hit me and unconsciously reached out to myself.  

Rotu... said sara   

,, I know.... '' I told her and saw the light turn green and I crossed the street.   

,, Sa-sara what is this? '' I asked her and pointed to a woman who was walking next to me.  

.... Sara, however, did not answer my questions, but in that moment I heard those words again. 

Watch out   

Shortly after, my old me panicked and looked to the left and saw the car approaching him. He turned around and saw the family and pushed them backwards before the car hit him.... 

...  

...  

CRASH   

After the car hit me, I saw that woman smiled at me befor she disappeared. I looked at my body and saw it lying motionless on the road, and felt a tear running down my cheek. After the driver hit me, I saw the father of the family got up and ran to my body. I saw him giving me CPR, his wife stayed with the children and couldn't believe what had happened. While they were giving me CPR I saw more and more people approaching my body.   

,, .... ''  

Minutes later an ambulance arrived, the paramedic got out and put me on a stretcher. In that moment I could see a girl in the distance who was approaching the place of the accident together with her group.  

,, ... ''  

,, ... ''  

,, huh...are those....tears? '' I asked myself when I saw that the girl was my little sister.   

Huh what happened there? asked one of the girls, taking her Phone out before...  

Hey, what are you doing on the girl asked my sister as she snatched the phone out of her hand.  

ha...ha...am I crying right now? Hey sara am I crying right now? ''  

.... but Sara did not answer  

He-hey isn't that one of the girls said and pointed at my body   

Huh what do you mean- said my sister before she dropped the phone and began to shiver  

Oni? She said softly with tears in her eyes.  

,, ... ''  

ONII my sister suddenly screamed and ran towards the stretcher.  

NII, NII, NO NII WAKE UP PLEASE WAKE UP IT'S YOUR ANNOYING LITTLE SISTER NII PLEASE  

I looked at my little sister who was in tears and hugged my lifeless body, shortly after I was put in the ambulance. My sister also got into the ambulance and they drove off while I followed them.   

When the ambulance arrived at the hospital, I was taken inside as quickly as possible. The doctors pushed me into a room and immediately started to operate me, my little sister followed them but was not allowed into the room. She stood in front of the door before she fell on the floor and started crying loudly.  

NII NO NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME TOO PLEASE NII   

Shortly after I heard a person running, the sound got louder and louder until I looked to my right and saw a woman....it was my mother who was full of tears.   

MAMA NII IS NII IS my little sister just said before my mom ran to her and hugged her.  

Shh...everything will be fine Roku will be fine she said and tried to calm my little sister down.  

,, .... ''  

After that I raised my shaking hand again and this time I fast forwarded the time until I saw that the door to the room opened. A doctor came out and with a slight movement of his head he told my mother and little sister that I didn't make it.  

Mama nii made it right?  

... 

Hey mama nii is going to be ok right?   

....  

NO NII NO she screamed and ran to my dead body hugging it    

PLEASE WAKE UP NII PLEASE WAKE my little sister screamed while behind my mom fell on her knees....  

Roku...ROKU NO ROKU she screamed crying   

Roku are you ok Sara asked me with a sad voice  

,, ....Yes '' I answered her and tried to wipe away my tears in vain. 

After trying in vain to wipe away my tears, I raised my hand one more time and fast-forwarded through time. I stopped when I saw the family I had saved, the man and the woman approaching my mother and sister who were standing next to my body. The woman fell to her knees and started crying, the man went to my body and bowed down crying.   

THANK YOU sniff, THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY FAMILY the man shouted while crying,  

What...what do you mean by that my mother asked him and the man explained to her the whole situation how I pushed him and his family backwards and saved them.   

That's how he is...my little Roku said my mother and gently stroked my head.  

My little sister then saw at the door how 2 small children were standing and looking sad. When she saw that, she went to them, put her hand on their heads and tried to smile at them with tears in her eyes. 

Roku it's about time, do you still want to know what happened to the driver? Sara asked me  

,, ...yes ''   

Then follow me said Sara   

We both left the hospital and I followed her for a while before we got back to where I was hit. At the scene was the police and they had a man in handcuffs, it was the driver of the car but something about him looked familiar before I saw it.  

Huh ROKU Sara screamed as she noticed the surroundings starting to shake.   

I looked at the driver's face and saw that it was the same one who had killed my father. When I saw him, I felt how I started to breathe deeper and heavier and my hands started to tremble.   

PLEASE CALM DOWN ROKU OR YOU WILL ONLY HURT YOURSELF Sara shouted.   

After Sara said that, I could feel that I had started bleeding from my nose and I slowly calmed down.  

... Time' s up Roku we have to go back.  

,, Can you please tell me what happened to him? '' I asked Sara  

Don't worry, he got his punishment, he was found guilty and is in prison.  

,, Thank you. '' I said to her before I saw myself slowly being pulled up and shortly after I slowly opened my eyes again and was back in my room.   

Roku are you okay? Sara asked me   

,, Yes, don't worry and thank you Sara,' I said to her with a smile before stretching.   

,, Ahhhh and now I should probably sleep tomorrow will be a long day. '' I said to Sara   

Yes it would be bad if you would run out of energy in the middle of a fight tomorrow. Said Sara with a laugh  

haha and even if, I can still count on you to save me, Good night Sara,'' I said to her and went to sleep.   

...   

Good night Roku   

...And thank you I was able to hear Sara say quietly before she also went to sleep..... 

4