[Chapter 1: Welcome to the jungle]
630 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Welcome to the jungle]

▽▽▽

-Chirp, chirp!-

-Sss...-

"Huh?!"

In the middle of the quietness of the Jungle, a man of black eyes and black hair woke up abruptly and exclaimed loudly with his eyes wide open in shock.

The man looked around him with a disbelieving face, trembling and not being even able to utter a single word. His hands, which were sunk in the mud puddle below him a few seconds ago, suddenly shot up and smacked his face with fierce strength.

-Bam!-

"Fuck!"

A red hand-print was left on the man's face after that, filling the face of the man with pain. However, the man stopped minding it just after a few seconds after caressing it with a frowning face, as his eyes soon started scanning his surroundings once again.

"If this isn't a dream...Then what? am I on drugs? Why the heck am I in some kind of jungle?"

The name of this man was Ryu, a soon-to-be university student that had been playing Dragon ball FighterZ until late at night and ended up falling asleep without noticing. He, who was on his chair until a few hours ago, had woken up in the middle of a jungle of some sorts with no information whatsoever and was incredibly confused about how this had happened.

"Was I drugged and then human-trafficked? But who bought me? And more importantly, why leave me in the jungle in the first place...?"

-Bzzzzzzzz...!-

Suddenly, from within the bushes, a very loud and disturbing buzzing started sounding. Ryu, who heard that immediately decided to get away just in case it was some kind of dangerous insect with mortal poison.

He had seen in documentaries that animals in the jungle have several weapons to protect themselves, and honestly, he didn't want to test how mortal they could be.

However, just as he was getting away, suddenly the trees in the surrounding trembled slightly and made Ryu open his eyes wide and look at whatever had caused such a thing... Then, he saw it.

-Bzzzzzzzz...!-

An enormous bee-like insect was flying above the trees, with its wings being two times bigger than its body, and its stinger the sharpest thing that he had seen in his entire lifetime. Even from far away, Ryu was sure that its body was more than 6 meters long, making him open his mouth wide while hiding behind several bushes from the monster.

[Beep!]

It was at that moment when he heard a strange beep coming from within his head, making him flinch in fear that the monster might have heard it.

However, much to his surprise, soon in the corner of his vision several screens started popping up at a vertiginous speed.

[Initializying System]

[1%]

[3%]

[9%]

[18%]

[29%]

[47%]

[67%]

[85%]

[99%]

[...]

[100%]

[System initiated‼]

[Showing power level of the objective...]

[...]

[Data ready!]

°Unnamed Anthophila Species°

-Power level: 120

"What in the world...?"

Ryu looked at the screens on his vision with a completely confused face, as if he couldn't assimilate what was happening anymore. Unfortunately for him, the screens had yet to finish.

[Showing status to the new Host...]

≡[System bearer: Ryu Kain]

-Power Level: 6

≡[Abilities]

-Ki mastery(-): 0%

-Martial arts (-): 0%

-Magical arts (-) 0%

≡[Skills]

Journey of the traveler (Passive)

Fate will bend against you.

Power level scan (Active)

Scans the power level of any being that is within your eyesight. Please note that Gods cannot be scanned unless the host possesses divine Ki.

≡[Inventory]

---

It was at that moment that Ryu's mind reached its limit. Soon, he sat beside a tree and sighed loudly while grabbing his head with both hands.

He wanted to yell in anger and frustration, but he was a little bit too mentally tired to do so... And how could he not? In just a few minutes since he woke up, he discovered that he was not in his room anymore but in a jungle, he saw a monstrous bee that could easily kill him with one swing of its stinger, and now he had received the news that he had become something akin to a player from a videogame that can see its own status...

Moreover, he had noticed it from the words on the screen... But it also seemed that he had been transported into Dragon ball or some world similar to that. After all, which world could use the word "Ki" and speak about power levels?

It was simply too much for him to assimilate in just one moment. He just wanted to lie on the ground for hours simply to relax himself a little bit and think nothing about the current situation.

Unfortunately for him, that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

≡[New Main Quest‼]

Survive and escape the jungle without dying!

[Rewards for completing the quest successfully:]

▸+100 Power level.

▸+2500 Z points.

▸Unlock [Martial arts] basic knowledge.

▸Unlock [Magical arts] basic knowledge.

On the corners of the eyes of Ryu, two red glowing eyes shone from within the darkness of the jungle, looking directly at him with an obvious hunger in their gaze.

Due to Ryu's already alert state, he didn't waste time and jumped away from where he was, in the opposite direction on where the eyes were.

As soon as he moved, however, the eyes moved too, revealing an enormous figure crawling slowly towards him.

-Rustle...-

"You can't be serious..."

In front of him, an enormously long and threatening-looking snake crawled slowly towards him, with its fangs showing completely as if intending on scaring Ryu to death.

-Sss.....-

Soon, another screen rose up in the vision of Ryu, much to his despair.

°Unnamed Serpentes Species°

-Power level: 175

...

[Creating a new Side Quest...]

[...]

[...]

≡[New Side Quest‼]

Defeat the monster that's hunting you or escape from it and conserve your life!

[Rewards for completing the quest successfully:]

▸+20 of Power level.

▸Capsule with food and water for 7 days.

▸Unlock [Ki mastery] basic knowledge (Special Requirement: Kill the monster).

'Don't you want me to kill Beerus while I'm at it? How am I supposed to run away from this monster when its power level is 175? That number is already enough to run faster than a car and break enormous rocks easily, that, and the fact that I'm being overly optimistic not assuming that it can do that, and even more...' Ryu didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, either way, he couldn't move a single centimeter, or the snake would pounce at him and end his life right then and there.

His eyes couldn't move from the snake either, as he feared that the moment he looked away from the snake it could disappear and reappear in front of him with its mouth wide open ready to eat him.

His mind was working at its maximum limit for the first time in his life, looking for even the slightest possibility of survival.

It was only a few seconds since all this had begun, but for him, it had felt like thousands of hours. Feeling Death pressing its scythe against his throat, the intimidating eyes of the snake seemed to be telling him that the hour had arrived and that he had to die.

Fortunately, although it almost made him throw up due to fear, it wasn't enough to make him give up.

If there was any word that defined him most... Then it could be "stubborn".

There was something else about Ryu that hasn't been told...

Ever since he was a kid, his endless patience and stubbornness had made him stand out the most among his peers, becoming later in his teens a very famous figure among the players of several games due to the inhuman amount of patience that he applied to every game, no matter how hard they were... And even now, on the verge of death, Ryu's stubbornness was running wild like always.

And finally... After a few seconds, Ryu's brain finally came up with a possibility of survival.

'I didn't know I would pass from playing on my computer to facing an enormous snake... But I swear on my fucking name that I will survive this stupid beast and I will roast it later'

The only possibility of survival, he knew it.

Soon, he moved slowly and carefully towards a nearby tree, making sure not to move too much in order to not alert the snake.

Be it because he was too small, or maybe because he was weak as fuck, the snake wasn't going straight for the kill... Something he could use in his favor.

Soon, he bumped his back into the tree, and without warning, the snake lunged at him.

Like that, Ryu faced death and looked at it directly at its eyes, telling it that he would not die today.

...

-End of the Chapter-

21