[Chapter 3: Ki]
437 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ki]

▽▽▽

-Sigh...-

"I had expected more kinds of food from this capsule when it said that it had food for seven days... Not only this strange paste that has no flavor at all..."

Ryu was currently surrounded by darkness while sitting inside a cave that he had found recently and taken as a temporary base in order to hide from the enormous beasts that roamed the jungle.

On top of his palms, there was a bowl with a yellow-colored paste that he would from time to time move with his finger before bringing a part of it to his mouth to eat it. However, whenever he ate it a sour expression would arise from his face.

"I had no problems eating it at first.. but eating it for a whole week straight has been starting to get on my nerves..."

Naturally, as days passed by and he met no one except the enormous beasts inhabiting the jungle, he started developing the habit of talking to himself in order to at least hear one human voice once in a while. Of course, he wasn't doing it all the time as he wasn't that crazy yet.

-Clang-

Finally, after completely depleting the paste from the bowl, Ryu got up and started walking to a more open space from the cave, a pensive expression plastered all across his face as he did so.

'Now, let's try again to see if there's any improvement...'

During the last past days, he had been studying the new knowledge about Ki mastery that had appeared on his head after he somehow managed to escape from the giant snake.

Though the screen in front of him said that it was basic knowledge, it was still hard for him to completely understand it. It was, after all, something completely new that he had never noticed he had... That is if he ever had it in the first place...

It was pretty simple to understand in the anime, but here it was pretty damn annoying. Not only was the energy called "Ki" completely chaotic, but its nature was also on a constant change... Be it destructive, or calm... it never stayed the same, making it hard for him to use it successfully without losing control of it.

The only thing he was able to do at the moment was to create small ki balls that gave him light, but that was pretty much it.

He had theorized that humans had pretty low control over Ki as a race, and that was why it was being so damn hard for him to control it, while Goku had simply done it as if it was nothing.

Goku would choose pretty easily whether he wanted the Ki to act as destructive energy, like the Kame-hame-ha, or calm energy to allow him to fly.

Maintaining the Ki in its destructive nature was being pretty hard for him, and maybe that was why it was also being so hard for him to create a normal energy ball like every powerful character is able to do to attack.

'Well, he was the goddamn protagonist as well, so that's a bonus on talent...'

Maybe it was simply because he still had a pitiful amount of Ki, but he had to try nevertheless, or else escaping from the Jungle would prove to be impossible with all the monsters roaming around it.

However, one thing he was thankful about, was that even though he had problems controlling Ki, it still enhanced his physical abilities and blocked a certain amount of external damage from any source without needing him to do anything. It acted to a certain extent as a passive effect that lasted as long as he had Ki within him. However, it was far from being useful against one of the monsters outside that could flatten him with just one swing of their hands. He even calculated that he should be around Mr.Satan's level at that moment, which was pretty discouraging when thinking that he was trapped inside a giant jungle with very dangerous monsters.

But at least this time having his ribs break just because of a slight hit against a rock wouldn't happen thanks to his Ki protecting his body.

'Maybe it was Ki as well that protected Goku's body against bullets when he was a kid. Because I don't think that a meat and bone body would be able to stop such a thing so easily, even less the body of an infant... Giving him also his characteristic super strength, and allowing him to grow stronger even though his body was already at its full potential.

That would also explain why there were humans in the anime that were so powerful, even though they didn't practice martial arts... Maybe as they train physically Ki also continuously increases and makes them stronger as well... Even though their body is already completely trained

But either way, all these ideas were simply theories. Maybe he was wrong and Goku didn't even need Ki to block bullets with his body as his skin was like iron, or maybe he was the only human having problems controlling Ki. Either way, the fact that he was trapped with only his 26 points of power level didn't change, and that killing anything on this planet was far from possible didn't either.

Heck, the weakest creature he had seen until now had the ridiculous amount of 90 power level, and it was a damn worm of the size of a crocodile...

Worst of all was that the damn paste that the "system" had given him as food was already getting running out, even when he saved as much as he could for the last seven days... And he was still a little bit hurt from the meeting with the snake a few days ago...

In the worst case, he could need to become a scavenger and eat the decomposed corpses of the monsters lying all around the jungle, much to his repulsion.

He was also curious about the Z points that the System had mentioned before as a possible reward for getting out of the jungle. However, he didn't have time to think about it as he had to plan a way to survive and escape the jungle safely, which until now seemed to be infinite as he couldn't even see the end of it, even after climbing the highest of the trees.

If only destiny moved in his favor and gave him any hope of surviving... Just like those protagonists and their plot armor... However, every time he looked at a certain skill in his status, he would get the feeling that such a thing would never happen.

≡[Skills]

Journey of the traveler (Passive)

▸Fate will bend against you.

'Fuck, as if dropping me here isn't bad enough... Whatever.'

-Brooooooom...!!-

"...?!"

Soon, just as Ryu was about to start practicing his Ki control, suddenly an enormous earthquake shook the entire cave and startled him enormously.

"Shit, what now?!"

Without much hesitation, Ryu moved towards the exit of the cave and picked anything that he might need in the future. He might be stronger than before, but surviving a collapsing cave wasn't a risk he was willing to take.

With the capsule that had been given to him as a reward, and a few sticks he had gathered to make a fire, soon Ryu exited the cave and looked around to understand what had caused such an enormous earthquake.

"Ah..."

Unconsciously, Ryu let out a startled voice as he looked at a gigantic figure standing in front of the cave and accidentally dropped all the sticks he had on his left arm.

-Growl...-

With more than 20 meters of height, and enormous arms with enough power to flatten the cave behind Ryu with just one swing, what was in front of him was nothing else but the most terrific and titanic bear he had ever seen.

-Roooooaaaaaar!!!-

Ryu could only watch as the Bear approached him with murdering intentions without knowing what exactly what to do. Normally, he would have run away as soon as he had seen the bear, but thanks to the screen in the corner of his vision, he was not sure whether that would be a good idea or not.

°Unnamed Ursidae Species°

-Power level: 560

As he watched attentively the bear approach, his vision turned once again towards another part of his system, this time, however, his eyebrows deeply frowned as he looked there.

≡[Skills]

Journey of the traveler (Passive)

▸Fate will bend against you.

"Shitty fate..."

...

-End of the Chapter-

17