[Chapter 14: The results of the training]
657 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[The results of the training]

▽▽▽

...

-Booom!-

...

-Booom!-

...

-Booooom!!-

Amidst the peaceful silence of the wasteland that was once a dense jungle, the thundering sounds of two hard objects clashing against each other echoed all across the sky.

-Booom!-

The sounds were coming from a small mountain in the surroundings, more specifically, from a cave situated on the edge of the mountain...

"Hah!"

-Booom!!-

...And the one causing these sounds that were making all the surviving animals in the surroundings tremble in fear was no one else but Ryu, whose body was covered in sweat at the moment, and whose body had bulked up quite a lot since the last time before he began his training to defeat the tiger.

His fist, which was now all covered in blood from his knuckles constantly hitting the cave wall in front of him, seemed incredibly harder and sturdier than two weeks ago... and his whole demeanor had changed also a lot since he almost lost his life against the tiger during the last battle.

The concentration on his training and the whole pressure of becoming strong enough to defeat that monster in just two weeks had made him not think about anything else but that during this time. It was a Main quest that was at stage, and while the system didn't say anything about a penalty if he failed the mission, he had the feeling that if he failed even one of these missions, he could fall behind in terms of power and he could not be able to face the next problem thrown by fate at him. He had yet to fail a quest, so he wasn't sure, but he wasn't planning on failing either.

"Hah!"

-Beep!-

Suddenly, just as Ryu was about to punch the wall in front of him once again, a message from the system popped up in front of him and made him stop immediately.

≡[Main Quest 2/2‼]

▸ That sure was hard, right? Let's make that fucker's life hard as well! You will have two weeks to prepare properly for the re-match against that tiger in order to take the title of Lord of the Jungle for yourself... Though, there isn't that much jungle left after that attack...

-[Reminder] Time left: 8 hours, 37 minutes and...

[Rewards for completing the quest successfully:]

▸20,000 Z points

▸Receive the "Standing hereee... I realizeee~!! [★★★☆☆☆☆]" Skill.

"The time for training is over, huh?"

Ryu looked at the screen in front of him, before he looked at his fist and started feeling his own strength by closing and opening it repeatedly. It took him a few seconds before he stopped suddenly and grinned victoriously while clenching his fist with great strength.

"Damn, this shit is really addictive... Seeing my strength improve at such a visible pace sure is motivating...!"

Ryu's eyes moved towards the screen in front of him and looked at it for a few seconds before he then opened his status window and started checking up on the results of his training the last two weeks for one last time while wearing a satisfied expression on his face.

≡[System bearer: Ryu Kain]

-Power Level: 1,398

-Z Points: 260

≡[Abilities]

-Ki mastery (E): 69%

-Martial arts [One arm style] (D): 12%

-Magical arts (F): 8%

≡[Skills]

▷Journey of the traveler (Passive)

▸Fate will bend against you.

▷Power level scan (Active)

▸Scans the power level of any being that is within your eyesight. Please note that Gods cannot be scanned unless the host possesses divine Ki.

▷Taiyoken/Solar Flare (Active)

▸Emits an incredibly dazzling beam of light that can blind the enemy due to its intensity.

[Advice: Please note that if the user emits the Taiyoken from a part of the body that is in the user's field of view, it is very probable that the user will be blinded too.]

▷Body-strengthening Technique (Active)

▸Using your now developed control over your ki, you can strengthen your body and multiply your power level by x1.5 for a very short amount of time. (Currently, the time limit of this technique is 2 minutes) [It can be upgraded and increased through training]

▷World ending punch [★★☆☆☆☆☆] (Active)

▸This skill multiplies the strength of your next punch by x10. However, once used it will need a whole day to be used once again.

▷Stronger than a mouse! [★☆☆☆☆☆☆] (Active)

▸Increases the resistance of your body and your strength by 50% more for a short amount of time.

▷Faster than a turtle! [★☆☆☆☆☆☆] (Active)

▸Increases your agility, flexibility, and the speed you gain when using ki by 50% more for a short amount of time.

▷Intimidation [★☆☆☆☆☆☆] (Active)

▸Releases a wave of killing intent that can scare multiple opponents with a lower power level than you, and slightly decrease their strength. You can also use it simply to scare your enemies and make them run away, depending on you. [Please note that intimidation does not work with beings with a higher power level than you]

≡[Inventory]

▸Bottle of enhanced medicinal liquid. [1]

▸Senses sharpening potion. [1]

▸Pain-reducing pill. [3]

▸Enhancing Pill. [1]

▸Water bottle. [2]

▸Nutritional paste. [13]

▸Stamina Replenishing pill. [3]

▸Nutritional liquid for plants. [1]

▸Strengthening gloves [Equiped]

▸Gravity-controlling belt

"Going from a Mr.satan to a Raditz power level in just 1 month is pretty good... Well, considering that I'm a human, that is... A Saiyan would have probably already reached several times more power level than me"

While he was still far weaker than the tiger, his speed was several times higher than before, and considering that during his battle against the tiger it had been barely able to keep up with him, who only had 500 of power level, he was sure to some extent that now he surpassed by far the speed of the tiger now. Besides, it wasn't as if speed was the only thing he was planning on using during this final battle against the Lord of the jungle.

Using the [Gravity-controlling belt] he had gained from the system to increase the gravity pressing down his body to five times more, he managed to increase the intensity of his usual training to a whole new level. Of course, he also made sure to increase his recovery rate by using his stamina replenishing pills and the healing liquid in order to speed up the time he needed to recover from his training sessions and keep up with the workload. All of this, of course, increased his power level insanely fast and allowed him to gain in two weeks around five times more than what he could have usually gained from his normal training.

Aside from all that, he had also bought a certain skill from the store that had caught his attention enormously ever since he had seen it for the first time... The [World-ending punch] skill.

When he saw it, he was sure that there was some kind of downside to this technique, as something as powerful as increasing the strength of your punch by ten times wasn't something worth only having two stars in its ranking in the store. He believed that the skill needed to at least be three or four stars considering its overpowered effect... After all, it could increase the strength of his punch to being similar to the punch of a creature of 13,980 of power level.

It was too good to be true... And he was right, there was indeed a downside to it. However, fortunately for him, it could be solved with time and training, which was indeed what he did throughout the whole two weeks while also increasing his strength in the process.

While his punch was indeed ten times stronger than before, it didn't destroy landscapes, nor did it destroy mountains as he had expected in a beginning. But instead, the pressure of the punch could most of the time only create a very deep hole that penetrated through whatever he punched, similar to a bullet punch of some sort.

It was somewhat disappointing for him. However, it made sense... After all, the energy behind his punches was all directed to the front, so it made sense for all the energy behind his strikes to simply go straight and penetrate through his objectives while carving a very deep hole through them.

Fortunately, he had ideated a way for making his punch act like a proper epic punch from anime. While most of his punches ended up making holes in whatever he punched, if his punch somehow managed to make contact with an object resistant enough to resist the pressure of his punch in the beginning, then the energy behind his strike could spread through the whole body of the objective, creating devastating damage. However, it needed his fist to move at a certain speed and with a certain motion to create such an effect.

He had discovered this fact when he punched the ground in frustration and caused a small earthquake instead of the hole in the ground he had expected.

After that, he kept practicing day after day the proper way of punching, using the walls of the cave to do so until now. After all, if he managed to hit the tiger with this, he was sure that it would die immediately.

Furthermore, if he increased his strength to the limit using every skill, object, and consumable that he had in his possession at that moment before using the [World-ending punch] skill, then it wasn't crazy to think that the whole body of the tiger would explode due to the power behind his punch... Or that maybe the whole area could be destroyed in the process.

He had made a small calculation during the past few days after his power level surpassed a thousand units... and it scared him a lot to think how op he had become in just two weeks... Making him even warier of the system that could do such amazing things so easily.

If he used all his objects, consumables, and skills at once, then his punching strength could increase to a power level of around 10,600 units... And with the [World-ending punch] skill on top of that... Then it would become a punch of power above 100,000 units...

Had he overprepared? Probably.

However, this incredible punch would only fulfill its purpose if he was able to approach the tiger in the first place and considering the fact that the tiger could fire lightning bolts from its body at any moment, approaching it was very hard.

However, it didn't matter that much, as the [World-ending punch] skill was only his last resort in the case the tiger somehow got some kind of power-up in the middle of the battle. After all, even without that skill and without his newly developed [Body-strengthening technique] skill, his power level could still be able to reach around 4,000 units of power level in the end. Though, he would need to use his other strengthening skills and consume his only [enhancing pill] to do that.

All in all, the results of his training had been exactly what he wanted... and even more.

Any lingering fear in Ryu's mind of that tiger had long disappeared, and now only a great fervor to see who was stronger remained.

-Tap-

-Tap-

-Tap-

Leaving the cave for the first time in weeks, Ryu inhaled a good amount of air, and grinned viciously, before he glanced at an enormous figure on the horizon that wandered aimlessly without a care in the world.

Clenching his fist and making a fist pump, Ryu activated his skills and started running towards his target. Ready to put an end to the enemy that had made him so powerless, and claim his throne as one of the most powerful creatures around.

"Hell yeah! Time to beat a tiger to a pulp!"

...

-End of the Chapter-


Did you see what I did there? I actually added realism to the story by making you guys wait several days until Ryu finished training.

-Sigh...-

I'm really amazing.

Of course, it wasn't like I was actually just enjoying the weekend by doing nothing at all instead of writing anything.

Pfft, of course not...

...Of course not...

13