New Home, New Family!
526 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you ready?"

Nope.

"I'm ready uncle Haru." 

Gripping on the bear tightly, Amato gets off from the carriage with his uncle help. It still seems silly to be carry off like this but being dote on once in a while it's not too bad. Furthermore, it shows the affection his uncle already has on him. Since his uncle is a noble, others won't try to mess with him if he is being favour. Since this is the world in the book, Amato starts to pay more attention on how this world works. Especially on how the upper class does their things. Even the way they treat others made other wary so they knew who they could hit or who they have to gain benefit from.

He can't forget that Haru will be his biggest ally in the book, who will always defended him in any situation. In that aspect, he already gain some protection from the middle and lower class torment. For now, to survive in this world he  plans to stick close to Uncle Haru until he is old enough to fend for himself. Which means he has 12 years to decide where his path should go if he can't find a way to return back to his own world. Since he is still underage, it is rest assured that he knows he will be taken care off but what will happen once he becomes an adult? What if uncle Haru dies early, who will protect him then?

As he continues to think, a shadow suddenly block the sunlight from reaching his face. Creating a safe shade for the boy to be under, slowly Amato looks up to see a smiling old man wearing a small round glasses. Unlike his uncle, this man looks more like a asian with peach colour skin and small wide nose. With his eyes small and no eyelids. But age gives the old man wrinkles all around his face but he still could tell that this person used to be good looking when he was young.

"A pleasure to finally meet you, Master Amato. My name is Damien, the head butler of the Solomon family. From today forward I also shall be serving you in the family." He placed his hand on his chest and gives the most perfect bow Amato ever seen. 

This is the first time he had seen a real butler up close. 

And is that pointy ears he sees? Is this the rumour elf from the fantasy world that he always watch in the television? Damn! This old man is not just good looking but also a very rare elf, how lucky could he get? If he has a phone with him now he would have taken this chance to take a selfie. Sadly the fantasy world he's in has no such technology as cars and telephone hasn't even been developed yet.

Hiding his side of curiosity, Amato smile shyly at the butler. Greeting him politely with a cute smile.

"Nice to meet you too, sir Damien." 

Can you resist this awesome smile? Just look at Uncle Haru, he looks like he is about to have a nosebleed just by seeing how adorable his nephew is.

But Butler Damien just continues to gives out a mysterious mile, the type of smile that you will always see at work. Polite but hiding a secret thought which could be either bad or good. And Amato hope its the later one cause he still wants an easy life in the future so he has to work hard in creating a good relationship. With the family as well as the servants. To be dote on and love for his whole life, who wouldn't want that. Right?

After the head butler step aside, Amato caught the sights of the servants who already lining up before him. All in perfect position with female with their hands at the front holding together while the male has theirs at the side. All standing straight like a perfect soldier, making him nervous. None of them looks at him as their eyes maintain at their feet. Holding on to the teaching that they must never look at their employers at the eyes, to keep a proper distant between these two classes. If they go against the teaching, then the only result will be getting kicked out from this high pay job. 

It seems that the rule in this world is either too harsh or strict. In his modern world, the workers did keep their distant but they can also choose to be friend with their employers. But it mostly depend whether the two sides wish to do so or not.

"All of them are servants of the Solomon household, feel free to order them around Amato." Uncle Haru told him but Amato looks indifferent. Like he doesn't care about such things.

Unknown to him, Amato isn't used to having servants in his life. Because in the boy real world, it was usually him or his mother who handle the chores around. Caused his little sister is a hardcore otaku so she only knows how to cook some simple instant noodles. 

Butler Damien gives an interesting look on the new young master before turning to face the group that has been standing outside for awhile now.

The servants from the manor has been standing outside in two rows as they greet their new guests. All of them are dress in black and white, just like the actors he had seen in the television. Even though they're servants but all of them are very eye catching (good looking). They're not too beautiful or handsome but pleasing to look at the eyes. A sight that makes you feel calm and not too suspenseful. Maybe it's because of the aura that they carry, it makes him chipper as he bows back to them. Immediately the head butler Damien stops him from doing so.

"Only the servants in this household requires to bow as a greeting, while the master is not required to do so. Except when meeting another noble from the same rank or higher." Damien explains. "But do be reminded we are required to kneel when meeting the king and queen as their blood is higher than ours."

Wouldn't it be rude not to greet back? Geez, there is still so many things he doesn't understand about rich people. And speaking about royal, how many of these people knew that him being a king bastard? Uncle Haru had told him that his wife knew but what about the others? Does Butler Damien knows too? What about Amato grandparents?

"Let's go Amato." Uncle Haru gently pat the child back back, pushing the boy forward to where the front door is. "They're waiting for us."

All the answers will be revealed on the other side of the door.

----

"Can we go now?" Alan is stumping his foot in frustration, not only did the maid woke him up earlier today but they also told him that he has to wait here until the guest arrives.

"Be patience." Ramon, the first son and heir of the Solomon family scolded his younger brother. "We must show proper etiquette when welcoming a guest, haven't you learned anything from the tutor?"

Of course he doesn't since Alan always run away whenever the tutor came.

"So boring! Let's go Emma." Alan turn his attention to the youngest sibling. Emma Solomon is a quiet child so she didn't reply back to her brother. Just playing with her fingers as she keeps her eyes down.

Being ignored by his sister, Alan pouted facing back the door in annoyance. Why does he have to be here too? He isn't even the first child. Wasn't it Ramon job to be the good child?

This is so unfair.

"Alan, behave." 

Being the eldest, Ramon has to be the leader of his siblings. That's what his tutor had said anyway but trying to fix Alan personality is harder than he thought. Since before Alan always like to cause mischief causing trouble to anyone. Even his parents were confused by their second child behaviour. Luckily Emma didn't inherit such act but being too quiet is also a problem. It makes him worry if she didn't manage to make any friends when her debut comes. 

Debut party is the time when the children be introduced to the public as soon they turned 6, while the formal one will be held when they turn 12. The first one is simply for introduction, just for the children to create some friends and learn a bit about their society. While the later one is for the family to start making connections, as soon the children turned 12 they have become wiser and easy to adapt in a new environment.

Ramon and Alan already has their first debut party, in another two years Ramon will finally enter the real party. Where he will try to make bigger connections and if he is lucky he might be able to befriend some dukes heir or marquis. 

It will be even better if he gets to be introduced to the crown prince but as he had said before, it all depends on luck.

"I'm back." Their father voice can be heard.

In instant, the three children head lift up at the sight of their father but then their attention suddenly turn toward the small child who's holding onto their father hand. The boy has green hair and face closely resembles to Haru which brings uneasy feeling in Ramon heart. 

Could this child be-

"Tch, we have to wake up early morning just to greet a kid." Alan complain already hating this situation even more.

Amato who's already can predict what they're thinking immediately starts planning on how to solve this situation. There has to be a way to get them all on his side and it's for the best if he tries to get rid of the hardest one to befriend with first.

Which is Alan.

"Hello." Amato shyly greets them, hiding slightly behind his uncle. "My name is Amato, I will be in your care from now on."

After he bows, the children looks back at their father. Wanting an explanation except for Emma who seems very fascinated with the teddy bear Amato is holding. She also has some in her room, does Amato likes doll too?

"Amato is from a very distant family, I just heard news that his family had passed away due to an accident so I have decided to take him in. I hope that all of you will get along with one another." Uncle Haru requests, bringing Amato forward so they all can get a good look to each other.

On his father request, Ramon takes the first step but the suspicion of Amato identity is still there. Despite being a child he could sense that his father is lying about Amato being a distant relative.

"My name is Ramon Solomon. You can just call me 'brother' or 'Ramon'." The eldest said, holding his hand out for a shake.

Even though in the book Ramon doesn't entirely like Amato but he show no dislike either. Just keeping a distant because he thought that Amato is his father illegitimate child that his father brought in. If possible Amato wants to explains straight away about his identity but he had made a promised to Uncle Haru that he won't do so.

As children has harder time keeping a secret compared to adult. They might blurt it out at any second and get him executed the next day.

And Amato has no intention to die in any way.

"Hi, big brother." Spreading a huge smile across his face, he shakes Ramon hand excitedly. "Please take care of me."

"Of course." Ramon nods his head, he doesn't smile back and remain calm for the whole time.

Alan didn't bother to introduce himself, still blaming Amato for making the servants waking him up earlier. So Emma was the one who take steps forward after Ramon, she didn't say anything but just continue to look at the bear Amato is holding.

"Do you like bears, Emma?" Amato asked.

Quickly she nodded on the question.

"Would you like to play with me?"

Her eyes immediately brighten up. Despite having Ramon and Alan around but they never played with her, seeing dolls as too girlish or for kids. Now that Amato is around, maybe they could draw together or play tea party like she always want too.

"Okay."

Everyone surrounding them has their eyes and mouth wide open to hear their young lady voice which is a rare occasion. Only Lady Daisy, Haru wife manages to make the girl talk. Has she took fancy on the new guest?

Alan grew even more irritating as his sister who ignored him just now looks happy when the new guy arrived.

"Whatever." He storm away in anger.

"Alan!" Uncle Haru calls his son, feeling more disappointed on his son behaviour. "Damien, take Amato to his room and show him around in some time later."

Quickly the man left after giving a quick rustle on Amato head before chasing after his son. Ramon and Emma later leave once they see the sign that it's time dispersed.

"I apologise on Lord Allan behaviour, he is currently experiencing a difficult time." Butler Damien explains looking worried at the sight of his young lord leaving.

"Did something happened?" Amato wonders, fishing for more information that isn't in the book.

"Well-" Damien pauses before shaking his head. "It's none of your concern Lord Amato, let us head to your new room shall we?" 

The worried look vanish replace back his professional smile. Hearing those words, Amato realise that his relationship with them needs to be strong enough to require some information. It seems that his time to work will begin at this very moment.

For an easy future life, Amato swears that he will work hard.

19