11: Telling The Truth
11 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m going for broke here. 

If I’m really being honest this plan might just be what finally ruined my reputation. 

Not that my reputation was clean to begin with, but at least it was good enough to get me hired. Now I’m gonna throw it all away, although maybe it won't matter at all. Maybe people will just forget about what I say and move on. I don’t know. 

What I do know is this: there is a secret organization somewhere, that somehow nobody has ever known about. Despite their existence being all but unknown for years, they have an expansive military, research and technology far beyond the majority of the world, and a relationship with the presence of glitches. 

So yeah, these guys aren’t raising any red flags. 

I’ll definitely be taken up on my word that these guys exist. 

Jokes aside though, it was something I needed to do. Slowly, I walked to the front of the room, I don’t know why I walked slowly, but it probably wouldn’t have looked as cool. Finally, I turned to face the patrons of the bar. Annoyed faces stared back at me. It seemed unlikely that they would listen to anything that I’d say but, I might as well try. 

 

“Okay, um, I know that this may seem insane but, just hear me out, okay?” 

 

Silence. 

 

“When I met, er, found Ashla, she was being attacked by these, these kind of Glitch looking things. I mean they were humanoid in shape but they were covered in these numbers and letters and, Glitch stuff. And they made these strange sounds- anyway we fought them, my hood was hit by this beam they shot and disintegrated in the same Glitchy look and- um…” 

 

Ashla nodded towards me encouragingly, seemingly knowing what I was trying to do. At least that's what I think she was thinking. The tavern was silent save for a few whispers, but I got the feeling that once I was done it wouldn’t take long for people to voice their opinions. It seemed that people wanted to see where this was going for now, so I continued. 

 

“So we fought and tried to escape but one of the beasts shot a laser at us that exploded near enough to knock us out. Then we were imprisoned on a big airship where we met these people called the Alpha Clan who talked about separating the glitch part of Ashla from the human part, and they seemed to know a lot about glitches. And they’re probably pretty big because they had a lot of crew on the ship and stuff, but… A-anyways we escaped and, well, now where’re here.” 

 

No one believed me, or they were at least extremely suspicious. I figured It was about time to get to the point. 

 

“Okay, so the point is, is that I… Whatever this Alpha Clan wants must be something related to somehow controlling glitches for their benefit. Whatever they want to accomplish by doing that I don’t know what exactly they want, but they talked about something like removing glitches in the tear of the fabric of reality or something like that but I don’t know whether that’s true or not but…” I took a breath, and cleared my head, focusing on what I needed to say. 

“I came up here to tell you that whatever is going on, it’s gonna be important. If we let this “Alpha Clan” be ignored they will eventually achieve their goal of controlling glitches. You know of all the people in history who’ve controlled that power, they ruled entire countries! They started a reign of tyranny, oppressing people and abusing power without opposition! That was just when one man could control glitches, if thousands of them had access to that power, there’s no way we could rebel against that! We NEED to stop this NOW before it’s too late! Please! I need this because the Alpha Clan is… It scares me, because before now, I’ve, I’ve never been a part of something so much bigger than myself, but now that I am, I can’t go back. T-thank you for listening to me ramble, I-I never, I mean… I’m-” I think I was about to cry, when something interrupted me. For all my efforts, Thunderous laughter filled the room, and I was left all alone. 

 

All I could say was that I would have done the same.

 

... 

 

“So it seems those two have made quite the team” Said an ominous shadowy figure. 

 

“Yes, they may be difficult to take out.” Said another voice. 

 

“Yeah, they’ll be pretty hard to take out.” A similar voice said. 

 

“We must take them out quickly, we can’t let them spread news of our existence. Go arrange a squad to track them down. The trajectory of their descent leads to them having landed in the Forests of Nori, first you should investigate the town of Rhee. Go now, they will not stay in one place for long.” The dark figure said. 

 

“Yes, sir! Right away sir!” The two voices said.

(Thanks for reading! Be sure to favorite and maybe leave a review!) 

2