15: Uninvited Geusts
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man seemed taken aback, and stuttered before managing to hold himself together. 

 

“It was about two years ago in the winter and all my friends we're all workin at the small mine. It was the only job they had a-and it didn’t pay very well but. But one night a large group of Kobolds invaded it- the cave and, well, we needed to root them out before they settled in more so we, but they weren’t that good at fighting so they hired you and then, then you, YOU! Ummm, I…” 

 

“We got ambushed and overrun and I, left. They didn’t even notice. And they never made it out.” firion said quietly. “I-I’m sorr-” 

 

SORRY’S NOT ENOUGH!!!” The man screamed in tears. 

 

The whole room stood in silence. The man cried out in agony as everyone’s hair stood on end. 

 

Firion felt for the first time in his life what guilet truly was. 

He didn’t just remember that time, but every time he had abandoned people for his own self gain. And he felt consumed by it. 

He finally understood what was going on. People suffered from the things that he did, and they decided that he needed to stop. They always hated him, but somehow this was the first time he’d seen it. 

However, deep down something clawed at him, why wait until now? He likely would never live to find out. 

 

The Dwarf stood above him, his axe held in his arms. The look on his face showed that he knew what Firion was thinking. 

 

“So, you finally get it now, don’t you. How about this: I’ll let you two go on your merry way, but on one condition. You need to explain why your actions were justified, but if you can’t, you will be killed.” 

 

… 

 

“Well, we're dead.” Firion thought, lying down on the floor bleeding out. His wound felt like it was burning. He looked over and saw Ashla being held down on the floor by a group of people. Ashla looked back at me with a worried look that said “we can't just catch a break can we?” Finally Firion decided that he might as well try to say something on his behalf. 

Okay, alright, let's do this. 

 

“Umm… Well, so… Okay. Well, in my defense I… Kinda was a little-” 

 

“If you stutter for too long I'll kill you. Get to the point.” The Dwarf interrupted, pointing his ax at Firion. 

 

“Holy Christ can you get off my back! I can't put my thoughts into words when under pressure!” Said Firion. 

 

“Not my problem.” The Dwarf retorted. 

 

Firion summoned all of his energy and mental capabilities into coming up with justification for what he did. Soon the thoughts came together, then the thoughts formed into words that would save his and Ashla’s lives. 

 

“Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… 

I got nothing.” 

 

The Dwarf readied his weapon. “Alright, time to die, hey you there, with the mace, can you kill the Glitch?” 

 

“Okay.” He said, raising his mace. 

 

The bartender looked on,he wanted to kick out the people who ruined his bar, but he decided not to interrupt what was napping. It looked like he was going to have to clean up this mess of a tavern tonight. 

The Dwarf and the guy with the mace raised their weapons high and prepared to finish the two. Firion and Ashla shared one last glance at each other, tears in their eyes, before accepting their final fate when… 

BOOM!!! 

 

The front wall was blown up, leaving a large hole next to the front door! Everyone looked up as dust and debris flew, in the dust the shadows of a large group of people could be seen. 

 

The Mandarin Dwarf’s mouth was open agape. Everyone in the bar was shocked as the people who were sleeping upstairs rushed down to see what was going on. 

As the dust cleared a single person could be seen, followed by a bunch of others in uniforms. 

The girl had black skin and orange and blue hair, and wore a yellow bodysuit with a long red coat. 

The group of people following her wore a simple gray uniform with the alpha sign on their sleeve. Over it was a steel chestplate, below that was a black belt that held their blades. They wore black sneakers and had their hair cut short. 

 

“Ooooh crap.” Said Firion. 

 

The Dwarf looked down at Firion. “Friends of yours I presume?” 

 

Firion shook his head. “Nope.” 

 

The girl waved her hand. “Hi, do you know where I could find a man named Firion?”

(Thanks for reading this series! Please favorite this chapter and leave a review if you want!) 

1